Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Halo

Chloe's wish

by Sanigh 0 reviews

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Sesshoumaru - Published: 2009-07-11 - Updated: 2009-07-11 - 1380 words

0Unrated
Sesshomaru looked bewildered only for a moment. Of all the names Chloe could have picked, why Persephone/. the Greek Goddess of the Underworld and teh Goddess of Spring. Sesshomaru could only look at her for so long before turning away.

"Mohan!" He called out and left the girl standing there. MOhan rushed to his Master.

"Yes, Sir?" Mohan asked.

"Go, fetch the letters from my library." Sesshomaru rubbed his temple to stop the approaching headache. He would have forgotten that the girl was even in the room ahd that dog not came and jumped in him.

"Get off me!" Sesshomaru blowed at the mutt. Yanking him by the back fo the neck, Sesshomaru almost dragged him out of the room but Persephone quickly intervened.

"Stop that, you'll hurt him!" she jumped infront of Sesshomaru, kneld down and cradled the dog.

"Dante in family. He lives here too." she shoot Sesshomaru an anger look then turned her eyes back on the dog. Sesshomaru was taken back only for a second before regaining his controll.

"That damn mutt nor you live here. This is my home and mine only. Now, get that damn thing out of my house." Sesshomaru said with authorithy. Persephone rose to her feet. She lowered her head in submission for even she was no match for Sesshomaru's authority. Yet, that did not stop her from trying.

"But, Dante dosent like to be apart from me," she almost whispered "I'm the only thing he's got in this world. And plus he hates being outside." She looked at Sesshomaru with a hopeful smile. Sesshomaru did not smile back.

"Then, perhaps if you went outside so will that mutt. And we both will be satisfied." he said and turned on his heels to go to Mohan, indictating the end of that conversation. PErsephone hufed but went outside nevertheless.

"It says right her, Sir, that Mrs. Brunette wished ti leave you in charge of Miss Persephone if anything were to befall her." the chubby woman, whom Sesshomaru found out to be a certain Mother Gail. Sesshomaru sat in his chair rereading the letter that did indeed come form Chloe's lawyer. An dit did inded request that Sesshomaru be this Persephone's legal guardian. But what he could not grasp is why. He and Chloe had not spoken sincce the death of Lysander. So why had Chloe not given the responsiblity to Crispin, Persephone's brother?"

"Where is Crispin?" Sesshomaru asked rereading the letter again. Mother Gail sipped her sherry then answered.

"Crispin is well. He lives in the upper side of London. He and his wife and his stepson, Jasper." Mother Gail smiled and dabbed her mouth with a napkin. If this is what this woman called flirting, she needed some lessons, thought Sesshomaru. Outside he could Persephone and her dog running around. The dog barking carlessly as she probably ran around. The irittating sound of that dogs bark. Sesshomaru doubted he could put up with it. His home was fashisoned only for him and Mohan. Defiently not somewhere a young woman of probably seventeen or eighteen ,if Sesshomaru did his math right, should live. It was a home for men, she and her dog would not fit.

"There must someone else she could live with. Perhaps she could go to a nunnary?" Sesshomaru said looking at Mother Gail, she was frowning.

"With all do respect Lord Sesshomaru but there is no one else. Mrs. Chloe did not want her son looking after Miss Persephone. And the poor girl [/had
spent most of her days in a nunnary because of her mothers illness. I deeply advise against putting her back in one. PErhaps you can think of it this way. Miss Persephone is of age. Perhaps you could prepare her for marriage. Certain with the fortune her mother and father left for her she will find a husband quickly. Of course you may have to move to London for a while. But Miss Persephone is a very curious girl and the little men she has encountered seem ti flock to her unusalluness. I sinerly doubt you will have trouble on finding her a husband." Sesshomaru frowned furiously. Was he to play matchmaker with a persumpious kid. Was this Lord Sesshomaru to leave the comforts of his home to go to London for this woman? He though not. Sesshomaru stood to his feet.

"I will be contacting my lawyer on this matter. As of now the lad can reside with you." Sesshomaru started towards the door but Mother Gail rushed to him.

"I regret to inform you Sir, but our carriage as already left and mine will notbe her until early morning." The headache that Sesshomaru was supressing pushed it way to the forefront of his brain. He didnt answer her but headed towards his kitchen for a drink. But found the youn Persephone rading his cupboards with Dante panting happily in the doorway.

"What the hell are you doing?" Sesshomaru said grabbing her by the arms and spinning ehr around. This was the second time today that Persephone and unconciouslly put herself in the crossfires of Sesshomaru's anger. Dante, being the protector he is, ran towards them. Barking fiercly at Sesshomaru.

"Good Lord, I was just try ing to find Dante somthing to eat. Look what you've done. You have upset him." Persephione said looking at the dog.But Sesshomaru pulled on her arm a=making her look up and Dnate growl deep in his throat warning Sesshomaru.

"You have no right to roam through my things. This is not your home. If you need something you aks like any sensbale guess."

"Fine, Your Highness, can Dante have something to eat? And me too perhaps." she ssaid with a smile that danced with mischeif. She looked like her father. Sesshomaru let go and took a step back. No, this girl must not stay with him. She was all of his most dreaded demons in human form.

"Mohan" Sesshomaru called and leftthe kitchen.

"Wait," Persephone called after him and Dante followed her. She turned qucikly realizing that her dog was behind her.

"No Dante go back to the door, Go on go." she said like a mother would a child and pointed towards the door. Dante, sadly walked to the door and Persephone raced to cuaght Sesshomaru.

"Sir Sesshomaru, where will Dante and I sleep?" she ask as if she had not heard Sesshomaru say so many times today that they would not stay there. Sesshomaru turned to with a brow raised. Persephoen stood waiting for him to answer. Some of her hair had come free form her baird. Her face was slightly flushed, most likly from playing with her dog and her encounter in the kitchen. It was as if Sesshomaru was seeing double. If he blinked he would see Chloe. If he blinked agian he would see Lysander. Had Chloe not told Persephone what her had done? Sesshomaru doubted it highly.

"That damnable mutt will sleep outside with the rat of the animals. As for you, you my choice and room that is to your liking for you to stay the nigh."

"But Dante is..." she started but Sesshomaru cut her off.

"Is sleeping outside and if you feel that strongly for the thing you may join him." Persephone bit her lip but said nothing more. She wonder how her mother could have placed her with a dog hating brute. She had half a mond to ask why he was so angry but decied against it and was gratful atht he was giving her a bed for the night. She smiled and nooded like a good gril and went outside to be by Dante. Dante greeted her merrily. He was almost as big as she was when he stood on his hine leggs.

"Yes, yes I love you to." she said to hima nd sctrached him behind the ears. Reaching down and unfolding the flap of his ear she whispred to him.

"I'll get you in I promise." and that is what she did for Sesshomaru had felt that night and when Persephone though everyone was asleep she suck Dante up to her that was right under Sesshomaru library. Dante curled up by her side an dthey both sleep peacfully. For the moment
Sign up to rate and review this story