Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Future Lover

Talk

by Irvine_Cypher 0 reviews

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-07-12 - Updated: 2009-07-12 - 2286 words

0Unrated
“Yes?” Sugoruko opened the door to his shop, and Kaiba Seto in a normal boy’s clothes stood there before him, holding what appeared to be a black book in his hands. “Oh, good evening, Kaiba-kun. Are you here to see Yuugi?” he asked, letting Seto in.

“Ojamashimasu,” said Seto as he stepped inside, and turned back to the old man who locked the door. “Yes, I am here for Yuugi. May I see him, Sir?”

“Are you here to challenge him again?” Sugoruko joked as he led Seto in the house.

Seto had let out a chuckle with that as he took off his shoes and set them by the stairs, leaving him in socks. “No, Sir, I just want to discuss something with him,”

“I see,” Sugoruko nodded. “Well, he’s in his room in the second room in the left upstairs. I think he’s just doing homework,”

“Thank you,” Seto went upstairs, and knocked on the Yuugi’s door.

The door opened, revealing Yuugi in light blue pajamas. “Kaiba-kun?”

“Yeah…hi,” he said, suppressing a laugh.

“What’s so funny?” Yuugi pouted.

“Nothing,” Seto answered. “May I come in?”

“Oh, sorry,” Yuugi let him in, and let him sit on his rolling chair, and sat on the edge of his bed. “So, something wrong? Oh!” Yuugi cut himself off. “Perfect! You’re totally good at timing, Kaiba-kun. Mind helping me with calculus?”

Seto saw Yuugi’s open books scattered on his bed, papers everywhere with grades, some were not graded. “That’s not why I’m here, Yuugi.”

Yuugi sighed. It was the perfect opportunity to learn this blasted topic. “I didn’t understand any of this,” he set the worksheet aside, “So why are you here?”

“I want to talk to the pharaoh,” Seto didn’t want to waste any time. He wanted to talk to him, and he wanted to talk to him now.

“I thought-”

“That I didn’t believe? I lied.”

“What made you believe?” Yuugi never thought that Seto would believe. All he knew was Seto knew there was only one Yuugi, and that was who he was talking right now, and also the one dueling in the arena. Seto was never the kind of person who believed in magic.

“I never believed when you told me there was another you. I knew who mou hitori no Yuugi was right from the start. And I’m not lying; I’m not making this up.” Seto opened the clear book and gave it to Yuugi. “Look at the date.”

“You drew this?!”

“That’s the exact same reaction I got from him when he saw the drawings I drew back in the orphanage,” Seto stood up and let Yuugi see the other things he had drawn, and put the page back to Yami’s portrait.

“You drew him as a child?” Yuugi asked, looking up at him.

“No. Look at the date, Yuugi. July 9, 2000. That was nine years ago. I drew him nine years ago when he was child just like me back in the orphanage. I didn’t imagine him, Yuugi, he was in my room, telling me that my name sounded weird, and asked me if I would play with him because he was bored.”

“Nine years ago?!” Yuugi repeated. “That’s impossible! Mou hitori no boku was a pharaoh 3000 years ago!”

“You tell him that. Now, I want answers to this as much as you do. Let me talk to him.” Seto insisted.

“It’s not like you’re going to get any answers from him! He doesn’t know anything! He doesn’t remember anything from his past! Even his name!”

“I know his name. Is that enough? Is that enough for him to recall everything?” Seto was desperate. He looked into Yuugi’s eyes.

“I don’t know.”

“Then please, let me talk to him.” Yuugi sighed, and the puzzle glowed. Yami Yuugi opened his eyes. “It’s you…”

“Me what?” he asked. “Kaiba, what are you doing so close to my face?”

“Admiring it.”

Yami blushed, and brushed Seto away as he pushed himself back to the center of the bed. “Ok, so you’re creeping me out a little bit-” he saw Seto’s drawing of him. “Is that me?” he took the book, and couldn’t believe what he was seeing. “Are you fantasizing about me?”

“Since I was eight.” Seto smirked as he sat back down on the rolling chair, and rolling it closer to the bed. Yami stared at him in disbelief. “Don’t you remember me at all?”

“Yes, I do. I see you every day. Why wouldn’t I remember you are? You’re Yuugi’s classmate, Kaiba Seto who wants to beat me in-”

“Chess.”

“I was going to say Duel Monsters, but sure, I can play chess with you.”

Seto shook his head. “That was the first game I wanted to beat you at.”

“Chess?”

“Yes.”

“I don’t remember playing chess with you.” Yami was in thought for a few moments. “Besides, to be honest, I don’t know anything from my past. All I know is that I’ve been trapped in his puzzle, and Yuugi released me when he solved it,” he held the puzzle in his hands.

“I can tell you what your name is.” Said Seto in the most serious voice he could muster.

Yami laughed as if he were mocking him. “Yeah, right, Kaiba, you know what my name is-”

Seto stood up. “I am not joking, Yami Yuugi. I can tell you your name. If I reveal to you your name, will you be able to remember everything from your past?”

Yami stared at him in shock. He didn’t know if Seto was telling the truth. But if he was, what would happen? He had to take the risk. If Seto really knew his name…he can finally die. However, dying would mean that he had to leave Yuugi. “But if it does, Kaiba, I will share with you those memories that I’ve forgotten. May it be happy, may it be in sorrow. But if you tell me my name, I’ll die. I would have you leave you all and move on.”

“No,” Seto put on knee on the bed, his hands on the sheets. “I want to know everything about you…there must be a spell to create a body for you-”

“How do you know I can perform spells?”

“You told me,”

“No, Kaiba. I perform Black Magic. Dark Sorcery. I can’t just recall one and use it for my benefit! The Dark Art of Magic is used for the control of people and animals, and war. Black Magic for one’s desire to gain something or someone in life is done…only when you have something to give up in exchange…something or someone very dear,”

Seto grabbed Yami’s shoulders. “How dear are we talking about?”

Yami looked at him, as if he pitied him. “You can lose your eyesight…your voice…your brother…”

Seto let him go. “No! There must be something I can give up!” he sighed, surrendering and sitting on Yuugi’s bed, looking down at his hands that rested on his thigh. He just had to give up something. He couldn’t give up his voice or his eyesight, he needed it for work, and he couldn’t give up Mokuba…he was way more important to him than anything in the world.

Yami lifted Seto’s face and had him look at him in the eye. “There is nothing you can give up that will let you live the way you do now. I really do want a body of my own and live amongst you guys in this time. If I do this on my own, I could lose Yuugi, I could lost Grandpa, I could lose Yuugi’s friends…I could lose you…do you understand? Do you understand how risky Black Magic is?”

Seto was silent, and turned back to looking at his hands on his thigh. He then got it. “If I give up my three Blue Eyes, will you do it? Will that be enough?”

“Y-you can’t…”

“Yes, I can, and I will.” Yami didn’t have the heart to look at him. “Now I have something I’m willing to give up, and you won’t take it. What more do you want?” Seto wanted Yami to look at him, but he didn’t.

“You can’t give up Blue Eyes, Kaiba! We still have a lot of duels to-”

He was cut off by Seto who smashed his lips against his, and forcing his tongue inside Yami’s mouth, and pushing him on back to the open books behind him. Seto didn’t kiss him very long, and pulled away in a few moments, breathing hardly, staring at the smaller male under him. “Does that prove…how much…I want you to…get your own body…? And how far…I had gotten…that I’m willing to give up…Blue Eyes for you…?”

Yami cupped Seto’s face, and placed a soft kiss on his lips. “You know, there was always something about you that…makes me…want to…get close to you…” Yami’s forehead met Seto’s.

“The moment Yuugi turned into you, I had the urge to call you by your name and embrace you as if you were someone I have-”

Yami shushed him with a finger on Seto’s lips. “You are going to tell me my name. If I remember everything, I’ll find a way…” he smiled, and the puzzle glowed.

“No, don’t-”

“What are you doing?” Yuugi asked.

“DAMMIT!” Seto got off the bed and grabbed his book. “I’m ready to give up the very thing that put me in my place right now and he denies it?!”

“Denies what?”

Seto didn’t answer. “Thank you for your time, Yuugi. It seems that I have just wasted my time talking with the Pharaoh. In return for taking the time you should have spent doing your assignment, I shall take your calculus homework and Isono will hand it to you early tomorrow morning. I will not attend school nor work tomorrow.”

Yuugi blushed. “N-no, it’s ok, you don’t have to-”

“Yuugi, I need something to take my mind off what happened tonight, now please, hand me the damn worksheet, and I’ll answer it for you with the complete solution on a nice sheet of substance-24 typewriting paper tomorrow.” Seto insisted.

“O-okay…” he said, handing Seto the two page worksheet.

“Expect a perfect score, Yuugi,”

Before Seto could leave the room, Yuugi mustered the courage to ask what had happened between him and Yami. “What happened?”

Seto stopped in his steps. “Yuugi, if I told you that I would give up Blue Eyes for a life, would you believe me?”

Yuugi stared at him. “Are you serious?” he didn’t wait for Seto to answer. “To be honest, no,”

“I thought so,” Seto left the room without another word.

*

Seto threw the clear book on his bed and grabbed a pencil from his desk. “This should be easy,” he said as he sat down and began answering Yuugi’s homework. “Derivatives. Great. They’re this early on the subject and he’s complaining.”

Chain Rule

We can fine the derivative of the function y = (3 + 6x)² by writing the function as y = (3 + 6x)(3 + 6x) and using the product rule as follows:

y¹ = dy/dx = (3 + 6x)(6) + (3 + 6x)(6)

= 18 + 36x + 18 +36x

= 36 + 72x

We could find the derivative of………


Seto didn’t finish the notes attached to the worksheet and grabbed a white sheet of paper and began answering the mountain of questions Yuugi’s teacher had given him. As he started on the first few numbers, he heard steps from his door, and he knew exactly who it was. “Mokuba, it’s already eleven. Why aren’t you asleep yet?” he asked, not even bothering to look at his brother.

“How did it go?”

“Like shit.”

“What do you mean like poop?” Mokuba asked, interfering with what Seto was doing, and forcing himself on Seto’s lap. “What happened?” the boy looked up at him.

Seto sighed. “He didn’t take it,”

“Take what?”

“Mokuba, I don’t want to talk about it. Go to sleep,”

“What if I tell you I want to sleep with you tonight?”

“I’m doing homework,”

“You never did homework.”

“Alright, you caught me, it’s Yuugi’s homework; I offered to do it,” Seto put the pencil down. “Now, Mokuba, get in my bed. I’ll be done with this in twenty minutes,” he kissed Mokuba’s forehead.

“Can I go get Ao?” Mokuba asked. (1)

Seto raised his brow. “Who’s Ao?”

“The bear you gave me on my 9th birthday, one of your gifts,”

He remembered giving Mokuba a huge, blue bear. “Oh. Ao. So that’s what you named him,” he chuckled. “Go on. Don’t run down the hallway. No one’s chasing you,”

Mokuba gave Seto a kiss on his lips, and ran out Seto’s room. Seto rolled his eyes, then taking a glimpse of the photo Mokuba forced onto his desk. The photo framed on his desk was taken in his office on the top floor of his office in America. Yami wasn’t there. Yuugi was.

“Seto, please finish that. I want to sleep,” said Mokuba, getting into Seto’s bed.

“Hai, hai,” Seto took a last look at that photo, at Yuugi, before getting back to Yuugi’s assignment.

(1) Ao - Ao means blue.
Sign up to rate and review this story