Categories > Original > Romance

What the Heart desires

by zoe15 0 reviews

Frankie's heart is screaming out for Dave, but will he answer the call?

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2009-07-19 - Updated: 2009-07-19 - 941 words - Complete

0Unrated
He didn’t know what made him follow her, but when he looked up over the fire and saw her running off into the woods something inside him said ‘follow her’, so he put his drink down, got up and followed her.
He’d lost sight of her, due to the dark woods and the fact that the fire was behind him casting his faint shadow in front of him, but he could hear the sounds of Frankie crying sp he kept heading towards that sound. It didn’t take him long to find her, she was leant against a tree crying her eyes out.
“Frankie? Are you crying?”
“No! Does it look like I’m crying? Stupid question.”
“Why are you crying then?”
“It’s just that, everyone seems to be pairing off; Max and Katie, Jess and Adam, You and Chrissie, Laura and whoever it is she’s kissing now, is she trying to date everyone in the year above at my school?! Hell even Rosie and Matt are meant for each other; I think and then there’s little single Frankie, Frankie who always goes out with the fucked-up, messed-up, stuck-up, manipulative, depressed sons of bitches and when she does go out with someone it’s ridiculed by all the people she knows. I mean I’m in love with this guy, but I can’t tell him because he’s got a girlfriend and I don’t know how he feels about me, then there’s this guy in my math’s and RE classes, but why would he look twice at me? Then I’ve been having confusing dreams about this other guy but nothing will happen as I know for a fact he doesn’t like me much anymore, and I’m hoping to the gods that what they say about boys who are mean to you, that they like you really or I’m screwed, they say that the jock-type boys go for the freaky girls, so why aren’t any of them going for me? And I wish that someone would ask me out, I don’t like being single, hell right now Laura’s sort of not single, yet I don’t want to be like her. “
“Well, look at it like this, Max and Katie are acting like sluts a lot so they don’t count,”
“But they love each other!”
“That’s not my point; Jess and Adam won’t last, trust me I’ve met his type before, it won’t last. I don’t know who Rosie and Matt are, but from what you’ve said about them then he probably likes you more. Now, this guy in your maths and re class, why won’t he look twice at you?”
“Because I’m just the loud, violent, opinionated and picked on girl in his classes, and besides he’s going out with a beautiful, funny and popular girl, so why would he look twice at me?”
“Frankie, you’re a pretty girl; your opinions make you who you are! And being violent is only a bad thing when you let it get out of control! Besides the way you voice your opinions makes you a better person, keeping your points of view to yourself is not a good thing. So, what about the guy you’ve been having dreams about?”
All she could muster was a shake of her head.
“Really? Why wouldn’t he like you?”
“Because, I’m the odd one out, I’m the freaky girl in the year below him. So why would he?”
“But, then who’s this guy you’re in love with? Why can’t you tell him your feelings? You never know how he might feel? And if he knows you love him might he do something about it?”
“He’s madly in love with this girl! When I found out it made me sad, whenever we meet, for the next few days all I can think about is him! It’s him I want to go out with, him I want to hold hands with, but I can’t even tell him how I feel!”
“Well, if you knew that he’d split up with him girlfriend would that make things any different?”
“Maybe, I don’t know, why?”
“Me and Chrissie, well we’ve split up.”
“Why did you tell me that now? Oooh!! No, you weren’t supposed to find out like this! How did you find out?”
“Well, I just kind of guessed really. Listen, I know it’s a bit off track, but you remember you said about Laura getting off with whoever it was she was getting off with, you want to know what I think the reason for her doing that is? It’s because it makes her feel like she’s got a partner and she needs a partner to do stuff with primarily, but she only needs a boyfriend to tell her she’s loved as and after thought; but you, you need a boyfriend to tell you that you’re loved, that you look beautiful whatever you look like, to tell you that you’re not left out and that you’re needed. You only want a boyfriend to do stuff with you when you’re ready and to take his time. You’re so much of a better person than Laura! You’ll meet the right man one day. Hell, if I could’ve spotted how you felt before I went out with Chrissie then I would’ve done something.”
“Kiss me.”
“What?”
“You heard me, kiss me.”
Sign up to rate and review this story