Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Tainted Shadows

Iero My Hero

by chicago_fire 1 review

Never fear! Frankie's here! :D

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-07-24 - Updated: 2009-07-28 - 772 words

0Unrated
I walked into the office to find Mikey in a chair, hugging his knees. It was his thing when he was upset. Immediately, I walked over to him.

“Mikey? What’s wrong?”

“Mom’s hurt. Mom’s hurt.”

“Mikes, put your head up I can’t understand you.” He looked up in response.

“Mom’s hurt, Gee. Dad hurt her. Real bad.”

“What? What happened?”

Before I could get an answer the counselor called for me. I looked up to see if Frank was still there.

“I’ll stay here with him, go.” He urged me apologetically

I made my way into Mrs. Jays’ office as she waited for me. I shut the door behind me.

“What’s going on? How’s my mom? What happened?”

“Have a seat, Gerard.” She motioned toward the chair and as I followed she gave me a worried look.

“This isn’t easy for me to say, just as it won’t be for you to hear, but I might as well just tell you. Gerard your mom is in the hospital, and your father is on the run from the police.”

“How is she? I mean how badly is she hurt?”

“Your father stabbed her six times. Your mother is in the intensive care unit, I am so sorry.”

“Oh my god.” I stared at the floor not knowing whether to cry, scream, and yell. I looked up at her for more answers.

“Gerard do you and Mikey have anywhere to stay?”

“Yeah, my grandma.”

“Would she be financially capable to take care of you and Michael until your mother recovers?”

“I don’t know.”

“Is there another person you could stay with?”

“No, grama’s the only family we have.”

“Well then, for the time being, you’ll have to stay with her. I’ll call family services to see what I can do.”

“No! I’ll get a job, I can help! Don’t call them. Please.”

“I’ll hold off for the moment. But understand it is my personal and legal obligation to alert the authorities if something else should happen to you. Gerard I am truly sorry. If you wish me to place you and your brother in my other office for the remainder of the day, I completely understand.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Jays.”

I made my way out, fighting back tears that I so desperately wanted to shed. One managed to leak as I saw Frank talking to my brother, who surprisingly, was laughing. Frank looked up at me, walked over and put his arms around me, without warning. He held me tight and I begun to cry.

“It’s okay. Everything is gonna be chill. You just have to tough it out for a little while.”

“I just can’t believe what he did to her. I hate him. I hate him!”

“I know, I hate that stupid fuck, too. It’s gonna be okay. I promise.” He released me tenderly.

“Thank you so much, Frank.”
“Don’t mention it. What do you say the three of us get the hell out of dodge? Frozen yogurt on meee!” Mikey peered up from his little cocoon.

“I-I like frozen yogurt.”

“See, Mikey’s game. C’mon.”

“Okay, I guess we could use some distraction.”

“It’s settled then. Follow me.”

We walked with him towards the nurse’s office and past my last class as the bell rang. The halls swarmed and I saw Adam struggling profusely to fight the current. Then I saw Bert pushing him around. Oh, hell.

“Frank. We have a problem.” He looked in their direction I pointed.

“No, we don’t. Not on my watch.” Frank marched right up behind Bert and tapped him on the shoulder. Bert bolted around and caught fear as he realized it was Frankie.

“I thought I taught you not to harass others earlier. Perhaps I should repeat my lesson?”

“Shove off, I didn’t do anything.”

“Clearly you were pushing—“ he paused. “What’s your name, kid?”

“A-Adam. Adam Lazzara.”

“Clearly you were pushing my man Adam here around so he couldn’t get by.”

“So what if I was?”

“Oh go munch a carpet, you pathetic bullying fuck.” Bert stalked off as he pouted. Oh my god, Frank just stood up for Adam too. I felt a twinge of guilt. Bert had harassed Adam cause of me. Damn it to hell. :[

“So Adam, you like frozen yogurt?” Frank laughed and smiled. Wow, how the hell could I be any measure of happy right now? Maybe he had like superpowers or something. Either way he was still my hero.
Sign up to rate and review this story