Categories > Original > Romance

Darling, It Breaks My Heart Each Time You...

by HaleyHalo23 0 reviews

Just a short little story about a not-so-successful relationship.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-07-24 - Updated: 2009-07-24 - 678 words

0Unrated
I walked into her house and shook hands with her parents. With a big smile on my face, I started some small talk, and then asked "So, where's Andrea?"
"She's downstairs, in her room." Her father replied. I thanked him and then walked downstairs, silently. I tiptoed into her room to see her laying in her bed. I leaned over to her very slowly and whispered "Boo." She looked up and smiled at me, then she jumped up and hugged me, with a fabulous, rib-crushing hug.
"Can't...."gasp."...Breathe...." I groaned, trying to get out of her grip. She laughed and released me.
"Hey girlie. Ready for movie night?" She asked, grinning.
I just nodded and said "Who else is coming?"
"My friend Leanne is gonna be here in like....five minutes. Then we'll go out, and get a movie. My mom is ordering pizza for us to eat."
"Sounds good." I said. "So where's my pixie stick?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are we almost there!?" Andrea asked, bouncing up and down like a spaz in the front seat.
"Can you shut up?" Her mom asked. "Yes, the shopping center is right there."
Leanne and I exchanged looks as Andrea continued to spaz out. We just rolled our eyes and waited.
When we finally got to the movie store, we climbed out of the car, and went to get our movie. It only took Andrea two minutes to point out every good possibility for us to watch. The three of us narrowed it down to some action movie, and a movie about a playboy bunny.
We picked the action movie.

After another painful 25 minutes in the car watching Andrea spaz, and an awkward dinner with her parents, Leanne, Andrea, and I made our way back down to the basement to watch our movie. It took us another 15 minutes trying to figure out the DVD player. But eventually, we all got settled on the couch. With me in the middle. I was closer to Andrea though.
Things started getting awkward. Seeing as how Andrea and I liked each other...but we both knew that nothing would happen while Leanne was all by herself. So about a pailful 30 minutes into the movie, two of Andrea's friends showed up. Problem solved.
Andrea leaned over and put her arm around me. She kissed my cheek and I looked over. We stared into each others eyes for a while, until I leaned in and kissed her. She put her other arm around me, and leaned onto me a little, deepening the kiss. Then...someone knocked on the door. Andrea and I jumped away from each other, as her dad walked in. He walked by into his office. I guess to keep an eye on "us crazy kids".
"Daaaaddd....go away." Andrea bitched at him.
"Nooo, I'm working." He replied.
They argued until he got up and left. Leaving me, Leanne, Andrea, and her two friends to ourselves again.
"So are you two official yet?" Andrea's friend asked me.
"Uh..n-no." I said, quietly.
"Oh." She said. She got up, walked over to me, and sat on my lap. "Will you be my girlfriend?" She asked, jokingly.
"Isn't he your boyfriend?" I asked.
She nodded. "But he's fine with it. Right?" She asked him.
"As long as I get videos and pictures."
Andrea laughed and said "No, I don't think so..." She pushed her friend off of my lap, and hugged me. "She's mine."
I smiled, and thought that the night couldn't get any better. I was wrong.
Andrea leaned over to me and whispered "Will you be my girlfriend?"
I turned to her, and kissed her. "Is that a good enough answer?"
Soon though, my dad came to pick me up, and I had to leave. I wondered what I had missed out on after I left...

"I like you, Andrea." Leanne said. Andrea blinked, she wasn't too sure what to do.
"Like...I like you too, but I just asked..."
"I know." Leanne said. "I heard. I'll wait. But I just wanted you to know." ...
* * *
Sign up to rate and review this story