Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Jamais Vu

Hand of God (World Cup 1986)

by killxsmile 7 reviews

"It's not gossip if it's the truth."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-08-03 - Updated: 2009-08-04 - 1819 words

1Insightful
THANK YOUS
somethingorother: Sweet! I like to think that I'm the master of one-liners. I'm glad you liked that one.

F-A-S-D: I can't think of any NSN! songs that I don't like. They're all so cute ;)

Andy's a stubborn cookie. You'll have to keep reading if you want to see what happens between her and Jack.

"The new Panic! single sounds like the old Panic! and that's the one I feel in love with. I hope that makes sense." That makes total sense. If they keep making music like that, I can't say that I'm angry about the split.

tryingtohard_x: Alex will have his say in the matter eventually.

I agree. When they got rid of the exclamation point, I was sad. Now that It's back, I'm all !!!

MELANIESAYWHAT: lol. Thank you for your input.

xStabxMyxBackx: Writer's block sucks. I cannot say that enough.

Aww, snap! I almost forgot that I auditioned for Nails On A Chalkboard. I can't wait to find out what you have in store for me.

Hell yes for innuendo in "New Perspective." "Salty waves"? "Go down on me"? "You come along because I love your face"? LMAO.


STORY BELOWWW.

“So how’d the rest of your weekend go? Any more blacking out?” MJ joked as I got my books for first period.

“Haha. Very funny,” I dryly replied.

“Aww, you know I’m kidding,” she said, ruffling my hair. “But seriously, didja do anything exciting?”

“My mom’s in town for a few days, so we went out to lunch. Caught up on stuff with her, then went to work. Got home at 6, ate dinner, then went to sleep.”

“So nothing new with Mr. Barakat?”

“MJ, just drop it. Nothing’s going on between me and Jack.”

“Well he’s looking at you and heading this way.”

“Not funny.”

She simply smiled and started walking toward AP European history. Not wanting to find out if MJ was telling the truth, I quickly closed my locker and headed for my first class. But I wasn’t fast enough. After about 10 steps, the aforementioned boy was next to me.

“Hey Andrea,” he said, smiling brightly.

“Uhh, hey Jack,” I replied, caught off guard by his cheerfulness.

“Where are you headed?”

“Calculus.”

“Mind if I walk you?”

“Sure,” I said, but it came out sounding more like a question than a statement.

“Do you always walk this fast?” he asked as we rounded the corner.

No, I only walk this fast when I’m trying to lose somebody.

“Yeah, I like getting to class early. Easy participation points.”

“Oh, alright.”

He either fell for my lame excuse or decided to ignore it because he continued walking with me. Due to my power-walking pace, I reached class in record time.

“See you next period,” Jack said before I walked into the room.

Shit. I forgot that we have chemistry together.

“Yeah, see you.”

After a mind numbing hour of hyperbolas, parabolas, and asymptotes, the last thing I wanted was an hour of chemistry with Jack. But there he was, sitting in the back of the science lab, spinning around in a swivel chair. I’d never really paid attention to it before, but his table was directly behind mine.

I reluctantly took my assigned seat and put my head down. This gesture was the universal signal for ‘leave me alone, I’m tired and I don’t want to listen and or talk to you.’ As passing period came to an end, I could hear numerous students filing into the room. Mr. Ollendorf gave his routine “Don’t bother with excuses, just get to your seats” speech to the lollygaggers who had strolled in late. When my name was up for role call, I tiredly lifted my head and saw that my lab partner, Greg Zimmerman, was MIA.

“Today you’ll be doing a lab on indicators, pH, and titrations,” Mr. O said after taking attendance. He quickly reached for the stack of lab sheets on the side of his desk and began distributing them to the class. When he reached me, he quickly noticed my absentee partner.

“Is Greg ditching my class again?”

“Nah. He’s probably suffering from an ethanol overdose,” I replied. Mr. O chuckled at my comment and handed a sheet to me.

Although he’s 60-something years old, he had a sense of humor that rivaled teachers 20 years younger than him. He was one of the rare members of the faculty that made peace with the fact that some kids drink, some kids don’t care about what’s being taught, and that some kids are intelligent, but lazy. I enjoyed a place in the first and third categories, but Mr. O knew that I understood the concepts we covered in class because I scored highly on tests. This combination of traits meant that I could have a missing an assignment or two, then make up for the lost points during class discussion.

“Do I really have to do this lab?” I asked.

“I know that you already understand how titrations work, but it wouldn’t be fair if I let you sit this one out. So just do it and get the easy points,” he said.

“Alright.”

“In fact, I think that Mr. Barakat and Mr. Dawson would appreciate your expertise. Why don’t you join their group?”

“Sitting this one out” suddenly looked a lot more appealing. But if I didn’t join Rian and Jack, they’d most likely pester Mr. O all period, asking questions about things they should have known from the last titration lab we did. So instead of backing out, I decided to take one for the team.

“Okay,” I said, moving my bag to their table.

Mr. O gave me a ‘thank you, I’ll remember this when I’m writing grades’ smile before moving on to the next table.

After scanning the sheet, I got up and grabbed 3 pairs of goggles and 3 aprons from the corner of the room.

“Thanks,” both boys said in unison as I set the stuff on the table.

As they continued reading through the lab sheet, I did the pre-lab questions and let them copy the answers into their notebooks.

Jack grabbed the microplates and buffer solutions while Rian grabbed the indicators. Once we got going, the lab went by with surprising speed. After recording the colors produced by mixing various buffers and indicators, we finished the post lab questions with 15 minutes of class to spare.

Not wanting to risk awkward conversation with my ex-“boyfriend’s” friends, I pulled my iPod out from my bag and slipped my earbuds on.

A song or two in, I noticed Rian motioning toward me.

“What’s up?” I asked, turning the volume down.

“Are you listening to Used?”

“Mhmm,” I replied, as ‘Sound Effects and Overdramatics’ continued playing in the background.

“Why?”

“No offense, but you don’t seem like you’d be a fan.”

“Does the lack of eyeliner and black nail polish throw you off?” I joked.

“Yes, actually.”

“Do you listen to them?”

Yes. I’m aware that Rian is one of Alex’s BFFs, but I wasn’t the type that was needlessly rude to people I hardly knew. Might as well make conversation if the opportunity arose. After all, I had nothing else to do.

“A little,” he replied.

“Favorite song?”

“Noise and Kisses. You?”

“Blue and Yellow.”

While Rian and I continued talking about music and whatnot, I noticed the sullen look on Jack’s face and couldn’t help but feel a tad guilty.

Class ended without incident, and I made my way to the cafeteria. MJ quickly found me just as I reached the lunch line.

“Hey, girlie,” she greeted, getting behind me.

“Hey, MJ. How’s your day been?”

“Painfully uneventful,” she replied, getting her wallet out. “Did Ollendorf collect the homework?”

“No. But we did a lab.”

“Cool. I didn’t have time to do my homework last night.”

“More like you didn’t want to miss the Gossip Girl marathon last night.”

“Same difference. But speaking of gossip, I heard that Jack walked you to class.”

“It’s not gossip if it’s the truth,” I simply replied.

“What did I tell you? The guy’s got it bad.”

“That doesn’t mean that I’m interested,” I replied, paying for my lunch.

“That’s what you keep telling yourself,” she said, following.

“No, that’s what I know.”

“Andy, if you didn’t like him, you’d be a shameless flirt when he’s around.”

“What the hell are you talking about now?” I asked as we took seats at out regular table.

“You have this weird backwards way of dealing with guys. You lead on the ones that you don’t like, but stonewall the ones that you’re interested in,” she replied, matter-of-factly.

“Such as?”

“Jake Garrety. Damien Penn. Sean Wilson. Lucas Kennedy. They were all head over heels for you. You danced with them at parties, laughed at their stupid jokes, and all that jazz even though you weren’t the least bit interested in what they were selling.”

She made a point. But almost all points have a flaw.

“Then who were these boys I supposedly ‘stonewalled’?”

“Alex.”

“Since when did I stonewall him? We shamelessly flirted all the time, and you of all people know how much time we spent together without clothes.”

“You let him in physically, but not emotionally. You never gave him the chance to get to know you outside of bedrooms because you were afraid that he wouldn’t like you as much as you liked him.”

I opened my mouth to protest, but MJ quickly cut me off.

“And don’t try to tell me that you didn’t care about Alex, because I know you did.”

“Okay…” I reluctantly said. “…I admit you’re right about that, but can’t a girl change?”

“Yes. But is it likely? No.”

“You’re impossible, you know that?”

“Nope. I’m just so wise that you can’t even being to grasp my knowledge.”

+++++
As you can see, MJ is quite perceptive.
But that doesn't seem to be changing Andy's mind.
What's Jack going to do in efforts to fix that?
RATE & REVIEW to find out.

Q&A #3: What's the strangest food combination you've tried?

My BFF and I were helping out at his old school's talent show and there were leftovers from the concessions stand. We could eat the extras, so we dipped Krispy Kreme donuts in some nacho cheese. I know it sounds weird, but it was too weird to pass up. It was actually pretty yummy ;)

A close second would have to be an orange slice dipped in milk. I can't remember why I did it, but it tasted like some kind of funky cheese. No bueno.
Sign up to rate and review this story