Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > 30 Kisses

Lucky number ten... (kiss #10)

by kirayasha 0 reviews

A series of related short stories based on Live Journal's 30 Kisses

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-04-08 - Updated: 2006-04-08 - 1267 words

0Unrated
Lucky number ten... (kiss #10)

By kira

Author's note: More live journal kiss fun featuring Inutaisho & Izayoi! winks This time I'm revisiting the world I created in kiss #14, which, while it was written before this one, doesn't need to be read first in order to enjoy this kiss as the events in this kiss take place before it...


Izayoi sat at the kitchen table, trying hard to will herself into keeping her breakfast down, when the calendar caught her eye. Forgetting completely about the nausea that had threatened to overwhelm her minutes before, she reached over & removed it from where it hung on the wall. She smiled at the picture of Ash and Pikachu.

Correction; Satoshi and Pikachuu; remember you're in Japan now! the little voice in her head reminded her. Ignoring the rush of memories the calendar gave her, she looked at the date. October tenth, the nagging little voice in her head said smugly. You know what that means; you're six almost seven weeks late, girlfriend! Congratulations, my dear, you and your old man are going to be the proud parents of a honeymoon baby!

Izayoi inwardly groaned at the thought. A honeymoon baby! Great! What's Sho-chan going to say?

Whoopee!! That's awesome, Iza-chan!
The little voice pointed out.

/And he'll probably say it in a very bad Keanu Reeves voice too...Izayoi smiled. Why did I have to tell him I liked Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure again? Why? Because he said he loved it, that's why! So we watched it until I said I was tired and wanted to go to bed. Imagine me being more tired than my fifty year old husband. /She sighed. And on my honeymoon too!

And that's what led to your honeymoon baby,
the little voice smirked.

I know that! Please stop reminding me!

I will if you promise to stop denying it,
the little voice said seriously.

/Fine with me.../Izayoi sighed and stared at her breakfast again. She sat there for a few minutes, staring off into space, before she grabbed the calendar and flipped through the pages again, counting backwards. She grew paler when she realized the incident that nagging little voice reminded her of occurred on the tenth day of their two week long honeymoon. And as she thought things out a little more, she realized that the number ten figured quite prominently in all her dealings with her husband. She was his tenth latest secretary in as many weeks; she had been ten minutes late getting to work that day and he had been gone for ten days before they had met because he had to fly to the states for a couple of meetings dealing with the merger of her father's business with his. She also recalled that he had told her that he was happy he had missed his earlier flight only to board the last flight at ten o'clock that evening. And that was because the earlier flight had engine trouble; stranding its passengers in Hong Kong for ten hours, before heading out with no trouble. Even the date of their wedding added up to ten; August second, eighth month/second day, eight plus two equals ten... For one brief horrifying moment Izayoi wondered if she was going to have ten kids before she quickly put that thought out of her head. Sighing, she took a sip of her lukewarm tea, made a face, and setting the cup down, she reached over and hung the calendar back up.

On the other side of their apartment, Inutaisho rolled over in their futon, fully expecting to spoon in behind his new wife. However, all he found was the emptiness he had known before they met, leaving Inutaisho to wonder if the past ten months had all been just a dream. Sitting up, and rubbing the sleep from his eyes, Inutaisho luxuriated in a stretch that seemed to start at his toes and work its way up. Feeling completely rested and happy that he had a few days off from work to relax and look after his new bride, who seemed to have picked up a mysterious stomach virus, he reached over and grabbed his yukata before getting up for the day. Shrugging into it, he padded softly over to the master bath, neatly combining a trip to the bathroom with a quick look-see for his wife. After he was finished, he headed out of their bedroom and down the hall of their apartment to see if she was there.

"Koishii...?" he called out softly for her, and coming into the kitchen, he found her sitting at the table lost in thought. Their home was a subtle mix of east and west; the kitchen table and set up being a concession to his American bride. She looked up at him briefly before looking back at the remnants of her mostly uneaten breakfast.

"Hai...What is it, my love?" she said softly.

"Are you still feeling sick this morning? Because if you are, I want you to make an appointment to see Ito-sensei," Inutaisho said softly as he came over and sat across from her. "You've been sick now for the past ten days..." he trailed off, looking sharply at her before it hit him.

"Hai...." Izayoi found herself unable to meet his gaze. "Koishii..." she said softly as she toyed with her empty teacup.

"You're pregnant, ne?" Inutaisho said as a mischievous grin spread across his face. He laughed and shook his head at the look on her face. "I should have known, but it's been a while since Inuki was pregnant with Sesshomaru, not to mention the fact that that was twenty three years ago..." Laughing, he reached across the table and gently took her hand in his.

"Hai....I've been sitting here all morning, once I realized it, trying to figure out a way to tell you." She smiled at him shyly. "You're not mad, are you?"

"Mad? Koishii, I couldn't be happier!" he kissed her hand. "This is such wonderful news! I love children and always wished we had more, but it wasn't meant to be among other things..." he trailed off softly.

"I'm sorry to hear that..." she said as a silence threatened to come between them.

He shrugged. "It's nothing, Koishii. That's all in my past. You and our baby are now my future."

"What about Sesshomaru?"

"Sesshomaru..." He thought for a minute. "Sesshomaru can be my present," Inutaisho smirked.

Izayoi laughed. "You know what?"

"What?"

"I think number ten is my lucky number too," she said with a smile. Inutaisho gave her a puzzled look and she clarified, "Look at the calendar, today's October tenth, ten-ten. And not only do I find out I'm pregnant, but I'm married to the most wonderful man on earth!" Leaning across the table she met him halfway for a kiss. "I'm very lucky to have found you..." she trailed off as she tried to put her feelings in to words.

"Me too," he said as he leaned forward again to kiss her. "So are going to name our baby Lucky?" he teased.

"Don't be silly!" Izayoi laughed and before she could say anything else he kissed her again.

"Come, I know of a good way to celebrate," he smirked and she laughed.

"I'll bet you do!" she said as he helped her up and led her out of the kitchen towards their bedroom. The sound of their laughter accompanied them as they made their way back to their bedroom, pausing every ten steps to call out "Lucky ten!!" followed by a kiss.
Sign up to rate and review this story