Categories > Original > Romance

Yet to be Titled Ch 1

by ashszeto91 0 reviews

you'll see

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2009-08-17 - Updated: 2009-08-18 - 1259 words

0Unrated
"What am I gonna do!? What am I gonna do!?" Rebecca said to herself as she paced around her room, the pregnancy test clutched tightly in her hand. She wanted to cry, wanted to scream, wanted to do something but no matter how hard she tried, her mind wouldn't let her show any emotion. She was clearly in a state of shock. She threw the test down on her bed, sat down and put her face in her hands. No one was home, which she was glad for. If they were she'd have to face them. And she'd rather not have to do that just yet...

Rebecca had a late period. She was now late 12 days. Before, she hadn't even given it a thought. She had had late periods before so why shouldn't this time be any different? She decided to take a test when she woke up "just in case." So she went into the bathroom and dug through the cabinet to find the extra test. In fact, her 25 year old sister, Mary was pregnant. She had taken a test 3 months before. Two tests came in a box, so the extra one was left over. Rebecca took it, fully expecting the result to come out negative. When she ever looked at the test and saw the word "pregnant" without the word "not" in front of it, her stomach churned violently. She immediately got up and started pacing, and now here she was sitting on her bed not knowing what to think.

"I can't believe it. I just can't!" Rebecca said to herself. "I'm only 17 years old! How can this happen to me now? This can't be! I can't do this!"

She finally forced the tears out of her eyes, but she didn't feel the real emotion with the tears. They felt too fake. She was making herself cry. She was still too shocked to really cry. But it didn't seem to solve a thing. Who should I even tell first? she thought. Without thinking, she picked up her cell phone and dialed her mothers cell number. It kept ringing and no one answered. She tried her sister's cell next, but she didn't answer either. Then it dawned on Rebecca.

"What am I thinking? I can't tell them now!"

They were going to the beach that day and they were out getting groceries. Rebecca would rather not ruin their day, so she decided to wait. But who to tell? She had to tell someone!

"Of course!" Rebecca exclaimed to herself, "I gotta tell Ryan!"

Ryan was Rebecca's boyfriend. He was cute, kind, and would do most anything for her. He loved her to no end, and anyone could tell. and he wasn't like most other jerk guys that were insecure and mean to their girlfriends. Rebecca knew he'd understand. He was her own boyfriend for crying out loud. He'd be bound to!

Rebecca quickley dialed Ryan's number, and waited for it to ring until it went to voicemail.

"Oh crap!" she said, "He's probably sleeping..."

she looked at her alarm clock on the nightstand next to her bed. It read, 10:34.

"Damn, why do you have to be sleeping now when I need you most?!" Rebecca said with frustration. She would have to go to his house. She just had to tell her beloved boyfriend. She opened her front door to glance to her right at the drive way. The only car available was her dad's Buick. Quickley, she found the keys, grabbed her phone, then her wallet which contained her license, and ran to the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Rebecca arrived at Ryan's house, she went right inside and straight up to his room where sure enough, she found him sound asleep. His parents were working, and she always let herself in the house anyways. She sat on the edge of his bed and Ryan's eyes flipped open. He smiled.

"Hi baby, Good Morning!"

Rebecca frowned.

"I need to tell you something...it's not too good," she said.

"What? What is it?" Ryan questioned with concern all over his face.

Rebecca reached into her purse and pulled out the pregnancy test, revealing the results to Ryan.

"It came out...positive..." she said.

Ryan took it to look at it closer. Then, rubbed his forhead with his hand.

"Fuck!" was all he could say. He rolled onto his stomach and pulled his pillow over his head.
Rebecca's eyes were starting to tear up. She didn't know what Ryan was thinking and she was scared. Finally, he rolled back over and lifted the pillow from his face. Rebecca was half expecting him to be crying or at least teary-eyed, but his face shone no emotion. He must have been as shocked as Rebecca was. But when he saw the tears rolling down his girlfriend's face, he sat up and put his arms around her.

"What am I going to do?" Rebecca asked both Ryan and herself. She almost said "we" but thought better of it. She didn't want to say something she might later regret. She didn't know what was going to happen...didn't know if Ryan would even want to stay with her...

"Well what do you want to do?" Ryan asked.

"Well I can't get an abortion!" Rebecca said. "I don't believe in it. I can't kill a life. And my family doesn't believe in it either!"

"You're right," said Ryan. "Honestly, it would be messed up..."

"Oh I'm just so confused right now!" said Rebecca. "I don't know what to do. I don't know how to tell anyone about it. My father's going to kill me! and I don't even want to know what he's going to want to do to you!"

"I know..." said Ryan. "My parents are going to kill me too...and your dad is going to hate me forever. I really hope he doesn't say we can't see eachother anymore."

"But what would that do?" Rebecca asked. "It's too late. This can't be undone. We asked for it, not using protection all those times. I guess we're just going to have to...live with it."

"yeah..." said Ryan. "Well just to tell you, I'm with you every step of the way baby. I would never want to leave you!"

"You...really mean that baby?" Rebecca asked unsure.

"Yes, Rebecca. I swear!" Ryan responded holding his girlfriend even closer and kissing her hair. "Who would ever want to leave you? I love you too much to even think about that! I'm not going to be an asshole. You can't do this alone!"

Rebecca held her boyfriend back tightly, hoping with all her heart that he was telling her the truth and she wouldn't be left alone to be a single mother for the rest of her life. Her brother Ben had talked of girls he knew who had kids and no one wanted to date them because of it. "No guy wants a girl that already has a kid," he had said. Rebecca was so scared of being alone. She wanted to believe Ryan, but she was so confused, she still didn't know what to think about anything.

"Well we should really get ready to leave," Rebecca finally said after a long tearful silence in Ryan's arms. "We can't keep my mom and sister waiting any longer."

Ryan and Rebecca were going to the beach too. Rebecca's mother had called when Rebecca was on her way to Ryan's. Rebecca just told her she was picking him up.

"Alright, let me just get my baithing suit," said Ryan.
Sign up to rate and review this story