Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > ~*~Fly Like an Angel Part III ~*~

~*~Fly Like an Angel Part III ~*~

by TrueReligion2005 2 reviews

Brendon and Grace

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-07-31 - Updated: 2009-07-31 - 2061 words

0Unrated
So same story, different Account. Everything is still the same. Hope you enjoy it. Review lots please.

**************************************

Today was going to be a long day for Brendon. He didn’t have his wife at home to play with him. He didn’t have his twins at home to play with him. All he had were his puppy dogs to play with and as he walked into the house after dropping the boys off all three were passed out on his side of the bed. Brendon grumbled quietly before he laid down on Grace’s side of the bed. Truth was, he liked it better, it smelled like her…her shampoo…her perfume…her scent. He loved it.

Brendon buried his head into his pillow and took a deep breath before rolling over on his side and looking at the picture frame that sat on her night stand on top of various books she had already read. The picture was of the two of them sitting in Brendon’s parent’s backyard. Grace was sitting on the swing with a smile on her face as Brendon sat against a big tree with a guitar. The photo was in black and white and one of her favorites. Brendon started to hum her favorite Jack Johnson song “Better together”

After an hour passed and Brendon couldn’t get back to sleep he got up and decided it was time for a shower. It was nice. He was able to scream the lyrics of Bob Marley from the shower and not worry about anyone throwing cold water on him or yelling at him to stop or two little boys making fun of him. The only things he had to worry about were the three puppies howling at him from the bathroom floor.

‘Hey Grace.’ Holly smiled as she walked into Grace’s office. Grace was stressed. There was something strange going on with the finances of the company but she could not figure out where it was coming from.

‘Hey.’ She mumbled as she turned down her iPod dock so Holly didn’t have to talk over it.

‘What’s going on?’

‘Holly, do you have all of the receipts from all of the travel arrangements you’ve made and everything else you’ve paid for on the company card?’

‘Should I have kept those?’ Holly asked with a remorseful look.

‘Yes, I need those.’

‘Sorry, I thought I could throw them away after everything was confirmed.’

‘No, no Holly, I need those. You’ve always given them to me after you ordered something. Why did it change?’

‘I didn’t think you needed them.’

‘What would make you think that? I can’t do the financials for the month without them. I’ve always needed them.’

‘But you have not been doing the financials recently. Susan and I have been doing them.’

‘HA! That’s why everything is so messed up. Holly, let me tell you something. All of the financials since I started here are saved on the company desktop as well as filed in the file folder in your office. I don’t know what made you think that they weren’t getting done but whatever that was clearly has you mistaken.’

‘I think it’s the stress of the adoption and the boys being at the house but you’ve been slacking lately.’

Grace was at the breaking point, ‘Excuse me? You want to talk about slacking. Why don’t you explain exactly why the spring line isn’t out yet? We have three weeks until the spring show in Paris and we have nothing to show for that. You have not even spoken to Pierre to get our place in the show reserved.’

‘That isn’t my job, it’s yours.’

‘No, it is your job. I have booked all the travel already, booked all the models, sent out samples of fabrics and rough copies of what the show might have in it, have all the financials and budgets for the Milan and Paris shows, and I have pay roll out. If it’s also my job to book all the shows exactly what is your job?’

‘I’m just the designer, you’re supposed to be running everything.’

‘You are absolutely ridiculous Holly.’ Grace turned her iPod back up before going back to trying to figure out where a couple of thousand dollars went. ‘And by the way, there is around four thousand dollars in random things changed to the company account with no receipts or anything accounting for it. Exactly where is that four thousand dollars because for tax reasons we have to be able to claim the purchases as business expenses.’

‘I used that money as business expenses. It’s my business and it’s my money.’ Holly said. Grace wasn’t sure exactly what Holly’s deal was but she had never acted like this before.

‘No, no, Holly it’s not your money, it’s the companies money.’

‘But it’s my company.’

‘First off, it is our company, second, that money is left for business expenses not personal expenses.’

‘It was a business expense. Susan needed new clothes. I couldn’t stomach her fashion anymore.’

‘That isn’t a business expense. If Susan needs new clothes, Susan needs to buy her own clothes. You can use company money for stuff like that. Now I have to take money from some place else.’

‘Take the money out of payroll.’

‘WHAT?! I can’t take money off of payroll.’

‘I do not understand why you are making this so difficult. Just do what you have to do. And call Pierre, make sure our spot in the show is reserved.’

‘Holly, you need to call and talk to Pierre. Not me. You have the connections with him, not me. He hates me.’

‘Grace, I don’t want to do this.’ Holly whined.

Grace felt like she was talking to a child. This day was just getting worse. ‘Holly, just do it. We don’t have time to mess around.’

‘Well then call him. I’m going to get something to eat. I’m starving.’

‘Holly,’ Grace began as she was now fuming mad, ‘I’m not calling Pierre, this is the only thing you have to do for the shows and if you’re not going to do it then it’s not going to get done.’

‘Grace, you have to. I told you to do something. This is my company so anything I tell you to do you have to do.’ Grace shut off her iPod, shut her laptop, and stood up from her desk.

‘Holly, this is not just your company, it’s mine too; I helped start it, I’m one of the founding CEOs of it. I am NOT going to sit here and listen to this and take orders from you. I don’t know what you’re deal is but this either has to stop or I’m out.’

‘You’re out? What like you quit? You can’t quit. You have no where else to go.’

Grace laughed, ‘I have my MBA. There are plenty of things that I could do.’

‘No one wants something that is washed up. I’ll black list you Grace. You can’t go anywhere.’

‘Blacklist me? Do you even know what that is? You can’t do anything to me.’

‘Well if you think that you’re going to quit, you’re seriously mistaken. You won’t leave. You need this job.’

‘No I don’t. I work because I like it but I definitely don’t need it and if you’re going to act like this then I don’t want it. Good luck with the rest of the company. We’ll discuss the finances and how much the company owes me for start up.’ Grace stood up and grabbed the rest of her things. ‘And I’ll be back later for the rest of my stuff.’ Grace picked up her laptop and put it into her bag followed by her iPod and the other valuable things she needs before she dug her keys out of her purse and started out of the office.

Holly was in shock. Grace had just walked out. She quit.

‘Randy, you can take the rest of the day off. I’ll call you in a few hours and we’ll talk.’ Grace said as she started out. Holly moved quickly past Randy and got in front of Grace and the elevator.

‘You can’t be serious. I won’t allow it.’

‘You don’t have a choice. Get out of my way Holly; I am not dealing with this anymore. I work my butt off for this company and if this is what I’m going to get, I’m done.’

‘You’re making a huge mistake Grace. If you walk out now, you can’t come back.’

‘It’s alright, I’m done.’ Grace walked past Holly and got into the elevator while Randy stood next to her. She watched the doors close and begin to move.

‘What is going on?’

‘I quit.’ Grace whispered.

‘WHAT?! How come?’

‘I cannot handle Holly like this anymore. She has nothing done for the shows in Paris and I will be damned if I’m going to be linked to someone who is too lazy and wrapped up in other things. She is going to let the company go up in flames and I will not be involved with it.’

‘What are you going to do?’

‘I’m not sure.’

‘Well, whatever it is. I’m with you.’

‘Randy, sweetheart, you’re in college, you need the money.’

‘Grace, I’ve been with you since this started. I am going to be there with out you.’

‘You’re sweet Randy. Do you want to come over and have dinner with us tonight? We can discuss this further after I talk with Brendon.’

‘Sure. I’ll be there at 6:30?’

‘Sounds perfect.’ Grace smiled as she stepped off the elevator and walked out to her car.

Brendon stood in front of the fridge in his bath towel. He had been in that same bath towel for a few hours and had no intentions of changing out of it.

He began singing again, loud enough to not hear Grace shut the garage door as she walked into the kitchen. She chuckled slightly at Brendon, dancing and singing in a bath towel while he made himself a peanut butter and hot fudge sandwich.

‘Is this what you do while I’m gone.’ She asked leaning against the doorframe. Brendon screamed like a little schoolgirl before he whipped around losing his towel in the process. ‘Hi Brendon.’ She smiled as she looked at his naked body.

‘What are you doing home? Don’t startle a man like that.’ He said quickly picking up his towel and wrapping it back around his waist.

‘Oh you know this and that. Looks like I have the rest of the day and the rest of the week off.’

‘What?’

‘Actually looks like I have a while off.’

‘What are you talking about?’ Brendon asked with a mouth full of peanut butter.

‘Well, I quit.’

‘You what?!’ Brendon asked in shock.

‘Yeah, I quit today. Holly and I had a fight. She’s being a major bitch. I’m tired of being the only person that does anything at that place so I walked out.’

‘Baby, you spotted over half the money to start that company. Are you just out that?’

‘Brendon, I don’t really know. I’ll have to call Eric later. Right now I’m not really in the mood to hash out the details to everyone. I just need a few minutes to relax and calm down and figure out exactly what I’m going to do with Randy. He quit today too and he needs the job. He’ll be out of his apartment if he doesn’t have rent money and a job.’

‘Come here.’ Brendon opened his arms for her as she walked straight into them. This was his career: comforting his beautiful angel.

Though Grace wasn’t the only one that was going to have problems with work. This was just the tip of the iceberg for the Urie family.
Sign up to rate and review this story