Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Sick and sad patients, On first name basis with all the top physicians

Sick and sad patients, On first name basis with all the top physicians

by NotesFromPaige 1 review

I had auditions for story under the account 'shelovestragedies' and chose natalie, caro, and monica lynn (escapingthefate). So, if you are one of those 3 people, you're in this story. Knock yours

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2009-08-22 - Updated: 2009-08-23 - 2604 words

0Unrated
elves out.... Lets just say this story was almost called 'Am I gonna die? Well son, death is gonna catch up to all one day, But yours is coming quicker then ours, then ours.'


Brendon Urie’s POV

I felt the morning sun on my face.
The clock read 6:02
I got up, jumped in the shower, brushed my teeth, shampooed my hair, got out, dried off, put on a pair of clothes, checked my watch to discover I was running late, grabbed a bagel out of the pantry, slip and fall on the floor, put on shoes, walk out the door and down the stairs to the garage, get into the car, jam the key into the ignition, and exit the parking garage of the New York Apartment.
Just a regular day in the life.
My name is Brendon Urie, 27, and I make my living as an anesthesiologist.
Nothing too special.

I sit at the stop light, drumming on the steering wheel to the Police.
Traffic here in NYC is ridiculously horrid.
Constant crashes, and stop light troubles.
Finally, after a good five minutes, the asshole in front of me decides to look up from texting on his phone, and proceed across the intersection.
I started my medical career at 25, graduated college a few years early.
I moved here from Boston after college.
I attended Harvard University.
Things have only gone uphill from there.

I turned right on 4th avenue and drove straight until Main street, and turned into ‘Memorial Hospital’.
I parked into my reserved spot (yeah, I’m that good), slammed the door of my Mercedes Benz, scanned my card before the sliding doors, got in the elevator, and pressed floor four.
Going up.
Floor one.
Floor two.
Floor three.
Floor Four.
The doors revealed themselves to a hallway full of stretchers, various needles, nurses and doctors, all of which were scattered all over the place.
“Morning girls” I entered the scheduling office, full of the people that save my life, while I’m saving others. They pretty much do the obvious. They schedule my cases. I picked up my mail from the mail box.
A chorus of “Morning Urie's“ came from the room.
“So what am I doing today?” I sat on the counter. I never actually bother reading my schedule, people there usually just tell me.
I felt someone take my schedule from me.
“You’ve got a colonoscopy at 7:15, a kid with a bone malformation at 11, guy heart tumor at 2, and a hernia repair at 5.” Paige sighed, reading the paper. Paige, one of the heart surgeons, was around my age, maybe a tad younger. She was small, and thin. Her smooth olive skin brought out her naturally rosy cheeks. Her hair was a dark brown shade with red low lights, and very layered. She was brilliant, like myself, and graduated early.
“Ahaha, thanks” I smiled wide, in appreciation.
“Yeah, you’re lucky you’re cute.” She rolled her eyes, and exited the room to get ready for a case.

I looked down at my watch 7:01.
Ehh, I’ll hang here for another ten minutes.
“I’ve got starbucks!” Exclaimed a overly jolly for 7 in the morning, Ryan Ross, a general surgeon, carrying cups of coffee in his preoccupied hands.
“Hey, buddy.” I greeted him, taking the caffeine away from him, and sipping some.
He set the cups on the counter, and gave me a random high five.
Ryan was maybe a year older than me, with brown locks covering half an eye. The scrubs didn’t help the fact that he was probably a size zero in women's.
“Wassup Urie?” He handed out the drinks to everybody in the office. Nobody ever calls each other by their first name in the office.
We don’t roll that way.
“The usual. Just same old same old,” I shook my head slowly, and drank some more, “whattabout yourself?”
“Natalie dragged me to Marley and Me yesterday. I cried like a bitch.” He laughed, throwing his head back slightly.
“Aha, Ross was crying. It’s a shame I missed that.”
“I never cry. I didn’t cry when my sister almost died, I didn’t cry when my ex-girlfriend broke up with me after me finding her cheating on someone else, fuck, I didn’t cry when I got into that car accident last month, but of course, I cry for a dog, that isn’t even mine. Damn Owen Wilson.” He scoured, putting down his cup and taking out his mail.
“Hey, so, speaking of her, Natalie wanted to know if you and Monica Lynn wanted to go out for dinner tonight. Possibly with William, Caro, and Paige and Kyle.” Ryan proposed.
“Sure, I’ll give her a call.” I shrugged.

Monica Lynn has been my girlfriend for the past two years, and probably the most beautiful person I have ever had the chance to meet. She resided the same apartment as me, not by choice, but by chance. I met her when I first moved in, we started seeing each other after the first month and have been as strong as ever.

I left my coffee on the counter, grabbed my clipboard and walked over to room 764 to see the patient.
A young lanky man, maybe 25, laid in the hospital bed, with dodgy blue eyes.
I put on a smile on my face, in attempt to calm him down.
“Good morning,” I looked down at my clip board, “Adam. How are you feeling?”
“I’m okay, just nervous.” He sat in the bed, fidgeting violently.
“Okay, well, I just need to ask you a few questions then we can get started, okay?” I made my voice as calming as possible.
“Shoot.” He looked at me with worried eyes.
I asked him a series of question, all regarding health issues, revealing he is quite the unhealthy camper, which means I have to monitor his surgery even more. Bleh.
The doctors drove him into the operating room, and prepared for the procedure.
“Okay, Adam, this is going to be painless, just relax, and take deep breathes. It’ll all be over in a matter of hours. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.” I reassured him, trying to comfort his overly stressed self.
“Okay, I trust you.” He half-smiled.
I placed the mask over his mouth and nose, and began to sedate him, in the matter of minutes, we had begun.

My last case ended at 6, and I headed out of the hospital, towards home.
“Dial Monica Lynn” I spoke to my voice recognition car.
“Dialing” the car responded back.
Riiinnggg.
Riiinnnggg.
Riiiiiinnnnngggg.
“Hello.” I heard a sweet breezy voice on the other end. I naturally smiled.
“Hey, baby, its me. How has your day gone so far?”
“It’s been lovely, how about yours?”
“Pretty decent. Hey, so Ryan wanted to know if you wanted to join me and the girls, and the girl’s boy’s to dinner.”
“Aha, sounds fun. Sure, I’d love to. What time?”
“I’ll pick you up at 7, how’s that?”
“Sounds good. ‘Till then.” I heard a smile in her voice.
“Kay, love you.”
“Love you too.”
The line went dead.

I pulled back into the garage, got out of the car, walked up the stairs, jammed my key into the door, and collapsed on the hardwood floor.
(I didn’t mean for that to rhyme. I’m just good like that.)
This usually happens after a long day at work.
I lie on the floor, just taking a break from the demands of my job.
Its way more demanding than the average Joe's. Not only do you have to calm down bitches, you have to make sure their alive for the remainder of the time they’re in your presence. Make sure the drugs are balanced, that their heart is beating normally, and if anything wrong happens, that you can fix the problem. My ass is put on the line every day of my job. Luckily, nothing too bad has happened yet.
Its stress only some are cut out for, I may not be one of those people, but I deal, I deal.
After contemplating about life, on the ground of my apartment for a good 30 minutes, I got dressed and headed out the door for the 2nd time today.

I rang the doorbell to a very familiar room.
Monica Lynn opened the door with a familiar smile on her face. She was dressed in a black halter dress, and a simple Tiffany’s heart choker. The black made her look even paler than she already was, but she still looked gorgeous.
I wrapped my arms around her waist, giving her a quick kiss.
“Ready to go?” I asked, twirling a lock of her brown wavy hair.
“I guess.” She sighed, taking my hand and leading it out of the building and to the garage.
We got into her black Acura, and rode to some fancy Brazilian place Ryan told us to meet them at.

I drove until we got to said place, got out of the car, and walked around aimlessly until we found the entrance. It was a freaking maze.
Finally, we found a door and Ryan and Natalie waiting for people expectingly.
“Nat!” Monica squealed, throwing her arms around the Natalie. Natalie, of course, was Ryan’s long time girlfriend, she was a little younger than Ryan, so my age. She wore a white button down blouse, with black slacks, and two inch heals. Her thick rimmed glasses brought out her hazel eyes. Her long brown layered hair blew in the wind, bringing out random auburn streaks.
Natalie pulled away from Monica, giving me a quick, bouncy hug.
Ryan shook my hand, and gave Monica Lynn a kiss on the cheek.
“So, hows it going?” Natalie asked, rocking on the balls of her feet.
“Its going pretty well, whattabout you doll face?” Monica responded, with a hint of NY accent.
“‘Its all good up in hurrr” She smiled.
“So who we waiting on?’” I asked.
“Beckett, Carolyn, Burns, Paige.” Ryan named off.
At that moment William Beckett and date Carolyn Martinez entered the premises.
William was a musician, and a good friend of Ryan’s, that’s how we all knew him. He was vocalist of an older band The Academy Is.... After he turned 26 they died down, and broke up. Now he’s looking for a new band, but he plays guitar for random clubs down here, and makes a good amount of money. Carolyn, we all knew well, besides from William, she been a good friend of Paige’s and was a patient of both me and Ryan.
William and Carolyn were opposites, though William was ridiculously tall, and Carolyn was, well, short. William was uber pale, Carolyn was nicely tanned. William had been cutting his hair lately (although it still remained long), Carolyn had been growing it out.
William was quiet, Carolyn was loud loud loud.
But nonetheless, they were cute together.
“Heyyyy.” William and Caro greeted us, hand in hand.
Everybody embraced each other, and caught up in the lobby of the restaurant.

“How many?” A young hostess asked Ryan.
“Well, eight, but we’re missing two.” He answered casually.
“Lets just get a table. Kyle can figure out where we are.” William piped up.
“Great, follow me.” She smiled, leading us to a table.

In a matter of minutes I spotted a tall bleach blonde, and a short dark haired girl walking our way.
“WASSUP?!” Kyle shouted so that the whole restaurant could hear.
“Way to go unnoticed.” Paige nodded sarcastically.
“‘S how I roll.” He shrugged. She chuckled, giving everybody at our table a hug, then sitting down.
“So, how’s life?” Paige asked everybody.
“Pretty crapily, whattabout yourself?” William answered with a straight face.
“Crapily, eh?” Natalie commented, smirking at the word ‘crapily’.
“Yes, crapily. So, basically, they place I play at most of my weekends is probably gonna close down and stuff, so I have to find a new place.” He explained with a sigh.
“Ooooo. That sucks. Hey, if I see anyone that owns a club, and needs to hire a musician, I’ll tell them that you need a job.” I offered, although I rarely see club owners...
“Well, thanks. I doubt you’ll see anybody opening up anything in this economy. So, how’s work for you lucky fuckers who have a job?” He asked, twirling his fork.
“Same old, same old. Wake up hella early, buy starbucks for everybody, plaster a smile on your face, receive fruit baskets from patients, eat horrible hospital food.” Ryan sighed.
“Ahaha, get any Tonus cases?” Natalie chuckled.
“What’s a tonus?” I asked, curiously.
“There’s this new thing on the news. It was like swine flu from back in the day. Supposably, the most scary/contagious virus out there. It attacks your immune system and all this crap, and pretty much kills you within two weeks.” She nodded, giggling a bit more.
“Um, why is that funny?” Caro asked, confused.
“Because fucking everybody's freaking out about it when only two people, from California and Nevada, have got it, and that was last month. The whole western side of the United States closed down schools. I’ve seen people here wearing masks and rubber gloves.” Natalie explained, a-matter-of-factly.
“Why have I never heard of this?” Paige asked, raising an eyebrow.
“Because its not that big. At all. Like I said, New York hasn’t gotten any cases, but people are freaking out, big time.”
“That’s wonderful. I hope we don’t get any people sick here, because that would be bad. I am tired of talking about disease, I am more concerned about the menu. WHAT IS GOOD HERE!?” Kyle exclaimed, half serious.

We continued on about random crap, like we usually do.

Just a regular day in the life of Brendon Urie.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER: I don’t know shit about diseases. This story has an emphasis on fan FICTION. My father’s an anesthesiologist so that’s as far as it goes. I’ve been to the office a few times. Tonus is not actually a real disease. Me and one of my friends Eric made it up. We were talking about his tennis racket, and it had the word two on it, and he always adds -ness to everything, and somehow out of that conversation came twoness, and then someone else over heard twoness, and they were all ‘what’s twoness?’ and we were all ‘yeah, that’s your disease. we’ve decided you have twoness disease. I’m sorry, you only have two weeks to live.’ so yeah. you get the point. Not a real disease, its all made up. I don’t know how hospitals/the human body works, so don’t eat me.

Starter chappy :)
and like my first chapter in 23487097 years.
I actually have a plan for this story.
A well thought out plan.
WHOOOOO!
Thank you everybody for auditioning, you people are wonderful, although I can only use so many of you.
Hey, but if you keep reading/reviewing, I’ll probably throw you in there for fun.
Reviewers make my life.
Thank you :)

To Monica Lynn:
Hey, I haven’t really talked to you and stuff, so I ask you this because I don’t know what you prefer/if you really even care:
Do you mind if I just shorten your name to Monica, or do you prefer Monica Lynn?
I really don’t care, its whatever you like
Sign up to rate and review this story