Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses

Sorry Ain't so Sweet

by oxgabbyxo 3 reviews

the song "Sorry" plays a role in more than one life- fixed*

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-08-29 - Updated: 2009-08-29 - 1476 words

-1Boring
November 23, 2008
Slash’s POV

I got it..I finally got it in it’s full entirety. After years and years of asking my producer to get rough copies of all the songs, just so I could take a listen to it, it finally came out. Of course I’m talking about the notorious Chinese Democracy. I’m still listening to it, but I keep repeating one track: “Sorry.” Perla tells me to turn it off and just go to bed, and because I don’t feel like arguing with her, I do. But that doesn’t stop me from thinking about that song all night. I know it could be about me, and it most likely is, but there could other possibilities, like the fans or the media, but I highly doubt it. I make a mental note to have Perla take a listen to it in the morning...

Axl’s POV

I wonder if he has the album, I’m sure he does because I know that producer wasn’t just requesting the early copies of all of our new songs for himself, but then again, maybe he was. I wonder if he’s listened to that song yet, track ten. I wonder....I need to stop myself, get it together. He’s not part of my band anymore, his opinion doesn’t matter to me, if I just keep telling myself this, maybe someday I’ll believe it...

Izzy’s POV

Chinese Democracy is just as good as I remember it being, from all those listening and feed back sessions Axl and I shared. I never did get around to asking him who “Sorry” was about, although I have a pretty good idea, and who “This I Love” is about, that one’s up in the air, it could be Stephanie or it could be Erin. I’ll have to call Axl tomorrow and ask him...

December 16, 2008

Izzy’s POV

Just got a call from Slash, says he wants to meet me. He has a good idea for a song, and wants some help developing that second guitar part. I told him to just come up to my house and we’ll work on it. But, I have been expecting him since 10 am when he called, its now 1 pm, maybe he has something to do with the kids first...

Slash’s POV

I woke up today, and came up with a fantastic idea for a song, I’ll make a song that’s sort of like Axl’s “Sorry,” except this time make Axl the center of attention. I decided on calling Izzy to see if he would be up for a jam session, and he told me to come over. Oh God...I just heard a snap that sounded like a guitar string and little kid’s gasp coming from my recording studio..that can’t be good...


Axl’s POV

The guys and I are heading over to a rental space to practice for our up coming world tour. Every thing was going great until one of the techie’s dropped DJ’s guitar, and the fourth string broke. To take care of that matter, I fired the techie, until I realized that I was going to need him for our tour...so then I had to rehire him. Now I have to make a trip with DJ to the local Guitar Center, because he got his license taken away for six months, and I’m the only one who has the money...

Izzy’s POV

Okay, seriously, where is Slash?? I had to cancel dinner plans that I had with my producer because I told him Slash and I needed to work on a song. I guess I’ll just have to let my wife keep me company, what a shame....

Slash’s POV

I should probably call Izzy and tell him that Cash and London broke two of the strings on my guitar, oh, but thats right, I can’t because Cash dropped my cell phone in the toilet. Perla of course thought it was so cute that they wanted to play guitar like their daddy, I on the other hand, am thoroughly pissed because now I have to stop at Guitar Center...

Axl’s POV

I left DJ to his business as he talked to the employee about finding a replacement string. I just started to look around casually and went down a few aisles. I picked up a nice looking guitar and just stared at it. This would be the one I would use if I actually had the skill required to play guitar. I put it down and continued on my way, I stopped and listened to kid of about fourteen play “Stairway to Heaven,” how typical. I turn around quickly and could have sworn I saw some really familiar curly hair...

Slash’s POV

I saw the braids, the honey colored braids, the ones that haunt me. I turn around quickly and head in the direction of the replacement strings, too bad i see that Ashba person. I realize I have no where to turn except down another aisle, I keep my head down and silently curse my kids for breaking the strings. I look at one of the guitars and pretend to be occupied, I suddenly look up, and he’s there...

Izzy’s POV

Alright, where is he?!?! He’ll probably show up at like 10 pm...




Axl’s POV

I step down an aisle, and to my horror he’s there. I will myself to turn around, except my body won’t let me. I just stare at him until he looks up at me. We stare at each other for a few minutes, until I speak...

General POV

“Hello Slash, how have you been?” Axl says through gritted teeth.

“I’ve been fine, and you?” Slash responds with a smirk and velvety soft voice.

“Fantastic” Axl manages to say with the same tone.

“And your music career?” asks Slash.

“Fantastic” Axl says shortly.

Slash smirks at how hard it is for Axl to have a normal conversation with him. Axl starts to walk away, but Slash quickly and smoothly grabs hold of Axl’s shirt and flips him around.

“We’re not done talking yet...that song who is about?” Demands Slash.

Axl just smirks and lifts an eyebrow in return, and says “You’re jealous, right?”

“Jealous of what exactly, Axl?”

“Jealous that I can write a song that powerful to make you think, make you dig up all of those memories, and most of all, make you dig up and realize the truth.” Axl states blatantly.

“Axl, let’s get this straight, I’m not jealous of you, nor have I ever been. Frankly, I have more songwriting abilities than you’ll ever have. And unlike you, I enjoy thinking of all those memories we shared together, it brings me to a time when we were a band, and none of fought with each other, we were a family. And realize what truth Axl?”

“These truth’s. I’m not the bad guy in all of these situations, but thanks to you, the media thinks I’m the cause of the band’s break up, when you know it was just as much you as it was me. Keep blaming it on me, win over some more of my last fans. I know that in your heart, you feel guilty for ruining and tearing me apart. I know I feel bad for calling you things and making you look bad, but it’s what you deserve. So go ahead Slash, walk away like this never happened, and I will follow suit.”

“You know that reminded me of your train wrecks?” Laughs Slash

Axl can’t help but snort a little and reply, “You’re absolutely right.”

Both men look at each other, nod their heads then turn away. They both know they won’t ever speak of this meeting to anyone, but who knows, this may just be that long road of recovery...

Axl’s POV

Maybe that chance meeting wasn’t so bad after all. I got everything I have wanted to say to him off of my chest. Maybe someday, fate will bring us together again. But for now I better go get check on DJ...

Slash’s POV

I have so much running through my mind right now. But the most important thought is this: He never did answer my question of who is the subject of the song. That just means I may have to run into him again and put my curiousity to rest. Maybe friendship isn’t so far off...

Izzy’s POV

....I have now resorted to making me something to drink and watching “Rock of Love” on the television. I have no life...
Sign up to rate and review this story