Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Sick and sad patients, On first name basis with all the top physicians

‘Cause All Of The Stars, Have Faded Away, Try Not To Worry, You’ll See Them Someday

by NotesFromPaige 4 reviews

SUP. MO & BROOKE. YOU BE INSERTEDED.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2009-09-07 - Updated: 2009-09-08 - 2501 words

0Unrated
‘Cause All Of The Stars, Have Faded Away, Try Not To Worry, You’ll See Them Someday

Brendon’s POV
I’m sitting here, staring at these files, trying to find some common denominator between Harper’s, her grandparents, her sister’s and her mom’s organ failure.
Nothing.
“Hey, how’s it going?” I heard the sound of an awfully breezy, Ryan Ross, pulling out a chair, gazing over the paperwork.
“Good, I’m just, well, confused.” I sighed, running my hand through my hand multiple amount of times, flipping through the pages.
“Well, what are you doing exactly?”
“I had this patient, and nearly all her close relatives have died from stroke, carotid endarterectomy being the cause, and when she was in the operating room, I saw some of the symptoms and, well, looking at all of her family’s records, I don’t think that the cause of her family’s death is related to what ever is making her sick.” I explained, not looking away from the pages.
“Okay then. Is there anything I can do to help?” He asked, searching for my eyes beneath the hair that covered them.
“Nope. Unless you wanna get me a brownie, I’d like that a lot.” I asked, staring into his chocolate brown eyes, giving my best ‘I’m a puppy, bitch’ look.
“Yeah, sorry man, you’re on your own.” He chuckled, patting my head
I rolled my eyes, “Of course I am.”
*A week later*s
Natalie’s POV
“Love you, bye.” I felt a set of lips brush the side of my cheek, along with a tad of scruff, as they ran out our cozy New York townhouse.
“Mkay.” I mumbled, spreading cheese cream on a bagel in a hurry.
Nobody in New York has a second to spare, its all work, work, work, unless you were William Beckett and have half of your shit written for you, then its work, jack off, work.
I fixed the collar of my grey button up, shoved the bagel in my mouth, grabbed the handle of my leather briefcase, and practically ran out the door.
The cold January air hit my life, sending my hair flying into my bagel, getting cream cheese stuck in all that shizz.
“AGH.” I set my briefcase on the hood of the car, and separating the dairy from my hair.
I finally got my hair separated when my bagel fell, and hit the pavement, face down (not like it really mattered).
“ARE YOU KIDDING ME?” I yelled, running my hand through my hair, calculating how long it would take me to run to a donut place, beat the traffic, and get to work on time.
“You need some help there?” I heard a voice chuckling, turning to find a very stylish Monica Lynn walking my way.
She had worked as an assistant to one of the biggest fashion editors in New York, not too far from here. Not too far from her either, considering her apartment complex was a good five minute walk from our house.
“You have another bagel on you?” I asked, frowning down upon my almost breakfast.
“Naw, sorry, doll face, wish I could help.” She sighed.
“Yeah, I’ll just have to grab something, or steal a muffin from the office. I don’t know. So why are you walking?” I asked, surveying her little black dress, accessorized with a simple string of pearls and black Dolche & Gabanna Pumps.
“Work. My car was fucked, the lights wouldn’t turn on, I had to bring it in to the shop. Brendon went to work early, I have a later start. I’ll just walk to the bus stop, won’t take me more than 20 minutes.” She shrugged, tapping the heals of her ever so expensive, non walking shoes.
“Don’t be silly, I’ll give you a ride.” I smiled, common’, I was gonna be late as it is.
“No, I could never ask that. You’re gonna be late, I’ll be fine.” She denied, starting to walk away.
“I’m not gonna be late. Plus, if you get hit by a car, or if you get mugged, Brendon’s gonna blame me. Now stop being so modest, and get in, because knowing the craziness that is New York, you’re going to be late. And we don’t want that, do we?” I smiled, convincing her for her own good.
“Well, cause you insisted.” She turned back around, smiling guilty.
We got into the car, and drove down 4th street, although confronted by a huge crash in the middle of the intersection.
“Ahhhhh sheit.” I sighed loudly, “because I wasn’t late enough.”
In the middle of a road was a red honda civic flipped over, underneath a huge semi with a large honda shaped dent in it. The paramedics flooded the streets, and the cop cars were blaring their siren. The cops blocked out the streets, and it would probably stay that way for another hour. The crash wasn’t even that big. The intersection was just that small. The only way to get out was for the cops, and there were at least 5 cars behind me.
“This could last forever.” (AND EVEH AND EVEH, LETS MAKE THIS LAST FOREVEH. I cannot even help myself.)
“Uh yeah. I don’t have the time for this.” I said, anxiously.
“Yeah, me either.”
“Dude, you realize that I’m going to get my ass kicked if I don’t turn this column in, I don’t know, the next ten minutes.” I sourly stated, tapping the steering wheel.
“You also realize that if I’m not at work in the next 30, my boss may fire me. Todays the day of the big winter fashion show, and if I’m not there, being her bitch, than I can kiss my job goodbye.” She returned my bitterness.
“Yeah, our lives suck.” I sighed, blinking at the road.
“That’s okay, at least we have eachotherrrrrrr.” She sang, giving me a thumbs up.
“You sound like a lifetime movie.” I smirked.
“You’d be surprised at the movies Brendon makes us watch.” She chuckled, running her hand through her hair.
“Ahaha, he’s such a douche.” I laughed.
“Oh, I know. But its okay, cause he’s my douche.” She smiled, showcasing her pearly white teeth.
“Ry says he’s really been working hard lately.”
“I suppose so. He’s just so into what he does. Honestly, I know he may seem to not give a fuck about anything, but its really not how he is. He just wants everybody to be well, and it just solve all the problems, its just he doesn’t understand that he isn’t always right.” She explained, her eyes filled with compassion.
“I see how it is. Don’t worry about it, I know how Brendon can be, I just hope he doesn’t get wrapped up too much in his own little world.” I shrugged.
“Well, thats the thing with Brendon. Once you get him going on something he doesn’t stop. He’s so oblivious in the past, and thats where all our problems come from. He gets so into his music or his job or whatever, and he just shuts everybody out of his life.” She sighed, closing her eyes, and sinking back into her seat.
“You know he means well, though.” I informed her, with somewhat of a smile.
“Yeah, I know.” She said, almost automatically.
There was a short pause.
“Dude, if you don’t wanna lose your job, I think you’re better off walking to be quite off.” I surveyed the hell like traffic.
“ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY SOMETHING?!” Her eyes large, lined with sarcasim.
“YEAH, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY CAR.” I returned the sarcasm.
“I will! Dude, but I probably should walk, I’ll risk getting hit by a car. My job means more to me than my life does at this point, dude.” She let out a forced chuckle.
“My sanity means more to me than my life at this point too, but my car may come back to haunt me later in life.” I scoured.
“Okay hon, I’ll see you later.” She leaned over, kissed my cheek as I kissed hers, and ran out of the car, as I was left. Staring at the road. Waiting for the madness to end.

Paige’s POV

“Morning Castro.” I heard a deeper voice call, I turned around to see Brendon’s shining face.
“Sup?” I collapsed in the rolly chair, and IS MINE. Its reserved for me, and you will get whipped if you even think about sitting it it
“Nothing, I’m just really tired and stuff,” He said, as he walked around to glance at the newspaper, “hey, what am-”
“Coronary artery bypass and transmyocardia laser stuff.” I smiled wide.
“Thank youuuu.” He chuckled, taking my coffee, and sipping it swiftly.
“So, you I give you your daily scoop, and you take my coffee, yeah, know what, we are so over.” I retorted, wagging my finger at him.
“I never knew we were on.” He cringed.
“And this is exactly why we’re off. YOU’RE SO INSENSITIVE.” I screamed, jokingly of course. I break up with everybody, at some point in their lives.
“I’m sorry I can’t cater to your every need, your highness.” He rolled his eyes, taking more of my drink.
“You be very very sorry.” I rolled my tongue smoothly, and got up to lurk the hallways.
I walked over to the elevator, pressed 1, and decided to visit the doctors in the emergency room, just because I have nothing better to do with my time. My case starts in an hour, and its a really minor case, so if I really didn’t want to do it, Maddi could easily cover for me.
I strutted into the ER office, although it was unusually calm.
“Hey chica.” I smiled as I plopped on top of Monica Howard’s desk. She was one of the nurses for the ER.
“Heyy.” She said, head down starting at a pile of papers.
“Wass dis?” I aked, surveying the stack.
“Billing. Johnson is a dumbass and doesn’t know how to sort shit, and I have an extra ten minutes, and I am just this nice, yo.” She sighed,
“You’re good people.” I rested a hand on her shoulder.
“I know this.” 
Suddenly, I heard a the rush of an ambulance making its way down the hallway.
“Ah, shit.” Monica jumped up from her seat, and followed the running doctors.
I followed her, to the ER trauma center where there was a women, maybe in her 20’s, bleeding profusely from the head.
The nurses were running around the room, shoving needles into random places, wrapping her head with gauze, trying to keep the bleeding to a minimum.
“She’s going to have to go into surgery. Right now, she’s losing too much blood, and she has massive brain damage that could be fatal!” Yelled a voice far by the cabinets.
“SHIT BALLS.” Monica yelled, quite randomly.
“What?” I asked, eyebrow arched.
“All of the ER brain surgeons are sick with something, and Maddi and Greenberg are cross town, why? I don’t know. And since Johnson is an idiot, she neglected to let Maddi and Greenberg know.” She explained, her arms flailing.
“So.....”
“Get your ass in here, Castro.” She shoved me towards the the table.
“WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO?!” I asked frantically, running my hand through my flowing hair, which pretty much shows how unprepared I am. You can’t preform shit with your hair all up your face. Nuh uh, you cannot.
“I expect you tie up your hair, man up and save this girl, because frankly, no one else knows how to.” She spat, giving me her hair tie.
“Okay then.” I sighed, taking the hair tie, and putting my hair into a bun. I rushed over, grabbed a some gloves and a mask, and rushed over to the table.
“Okay, so what are we going to do?” I asked any of the random nurses.
“She’s going into surgery, in a minute, she’s losing too much blood, and there’s possible debris underneath her scalp.” One of them replied.
“Holy Jesus, what happened?” How the fuck do you get debris underneath your scalp?
“Car accident.” They all answered in a chorus.
“This would explain much.” I examined the top of her head, her scalp practically ripped off her hair, with metal pieces jabbed into her scull, it amazed me that she was still partially alive.
“SHIT BALLS.” Normally the fact of that there are blood and guts being spewed everywhere, doesn’t bother me, but this was BAD.
“Okay, guys lets take her in.” I directed.
The nurses set her down on a stretcher and rolled her into the operation room. The girl started to squirm in pain as we moved her.
“Ouuchhhh, my head” She cringed, her face became terrified, eyes stilled closed. Tears started to escape from her shut closed.
“Sweetie, sweetie, its okay. You’re going to be fine.” I comforted, as we entered the room.
“Okay.” Her broken voice mumbled.
We broke into the operating the room, and the nurses practically flung her onto the operating table.
One of the anesthesiologists quickly sedated her, and then came the difficult part.
“Okay. Let’s do this.” I said, taking a deep breathe, reaching for the scalpel to try to find the source of the bleeding but first I had to pick out all of the random pieces of car and glass from in her head. There were probably 7 pieces of debris shoved in there, so I would have to get every single piece out without A) killing her and B) getting all of the shit out of there, and making sure there were none left.
I stood there, for a good 40 minutes carefully removing each piece. So finally, I could find where this huge lump of whatever it was showed up on one of her major arteries. I couldn’t even tell what it was, I had never seen it before, and nonetheless, it couldn’t of just appeared there since the crash. It must of been there for at least a month, and whatever it was, it was slowly, but surely, killing her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUPP!?!?!
I finally updated.
Like, I am extremely sorry to all of you people who’ve waited all summer D:

This is one of the crappiest things I’ve ever written and I can’t spell.
I promise to start updating my stories.
You people are all fabulous.
God love ya :P

-Paige

THANK YOU ON ALL OF THE REVIEWS.
I’M JUST THAT CRAPPY OF A PERSON TO NOT REPLY TO REVIEWS.
MY APOLOGIES.

I LOVE YOU PEOPLE SO DAMN MUCH DAMMIT.
Sign up to rate and review this story