Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts

Heaven

by MyraSwift 1 review

Sora and Kairi reflect on the idea of Heaven. Sora/Kairi fluffy one shot. Very slight AU, since it's set in the middle of KH II.

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kairi,Sora - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-09-15 - Updated: 2009-09-15 - 426 words - Complete

1Moving
Twilight was the best time to see Hollow Bastion in Sora’s opinion. He and Kairi sat in the Bailey, watching the sun set behind the castle. Although it was half in ruins, and construction machinery surrounded it, it was still a gorgeous sight. They sat in silence, neither moving nor speaking.

“Hey Sora?” Kairi whispered, not wanting to disturb the comfortable atmosphere surrounding them.

“Yeah?” Sora rested his head on Kairi’s.

“Do you believe in Heaven?” Not expecting Kairi’s question, Sora raised his head again to look at her.

“Yeah, I suppose so… Why do you ask?”

“I was just wondering what it would be like,” Kairi looked up to Sora’s face. “Do you think it’s completely separated from the worlds?”

“What do you mean?” Sora asked thoughtfully.

“If you’re in Heaven, do you think you can see what’s going on in the different worlds?” Sora thought for a moment before answering.

“I’d like to think so… What if you died in the middle of a war or something, and wanted to know who won in the end? I’d never be peaceful if I couldn’t know” Kairi nodded.

“Me neither… Do you think it’s true that Heaven is up in the sky, and Hell is underground somewhere?” Sora didn’t hesitate before answering.

“No.”

“No?” Kairi asked, surprised at the sureness of his answer.

“No, I think they’re both like any other worlds, except they’re completely hidden from living people. If you travelled enough, I think you’d run into them. You wouldn’t know it was there, though. You’d either fly right through it or be pushed around the sides without noticing.” Sora explained.

“It sounds like you’ve been thinking about it a lot,” Kairi quietly commented.

“Yeah… I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s normal to think about it a bit when you’re almost constantly in danger, though,” Sora replied. They lapsed into a thoughtful silence. They sat peacefully, enjoying each other’s presence until Kairi spoke again.

“Sora?”

“Mmmm?”

“What do you think Heaven would be like?”

“How we are, right here, right now…” He replied softly, draping an arm over Kairi’s shoulders. “It can’t get much better.” Kairi smiled sleepily. Stifling a yawn, she lay her head on Sora’s shoulder, her eyelids drooping.

“’Night, Sora” She muttered.

“Goodnight, Kairi,” He responded, holding Kairi closer.

In a whisper, he added, “I love you.”

He looked down at her.

She was already fast asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story