Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Forgotten Events

Events 23 to 27

by Mikari 0 reviews

Events 23 to 27 (Shikamaru x Ino)

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Ino,Shikamaru - Published: 2009-09-15 - Updated: 2009-09-16 - 2368 words - Complete

0Unrated
Forgotten Events

Event 23: Winter Flower (ShikamaruxIno)

Shikamaru made his way into the flower shop to find Ino closing the doors. She smiled as he approached, happy to take a break and have a more pleasant view than the empty store. She waited for him to come in before closing the shop.

Not many flowers bloomed in the winter; save for those planted in the Yamanaka's indoor garden, with carefully measured artificially controlled temperatures. Even so, only so many flowers could be produced and they were quickly purchased at a good price in their season of rarity. Until a new batch grew, the shop would be temporarily closed. Ironically, the winter time was quite profitable because the Yamanaka's shop was the only place where flowers could be found.

"Shika, I'm happy you came to see me, I was so bored!" Ino cheerfully greeted her boyfriend. "I thought you thought it was too troublesome to come visit me at the shop."

"It is troublesome," Shikamaru agreed, "but worth it."

She noticed that he had one hand hidden behind his back and her smile grew with curiosity. "What are you hiding?"

"I brought you something," Shikamaru said.

Ino loved it when he had those little details. Shikamaru was still just as lazy as ever, so thinking that he went out of his way for her, made it all the more special. "What is it?"

"It's a plant."

"A plant? You mean a flower?" Ino didn't know where he could get a flower in the middle of winter.

"It's not exactly a flower, but close. It's not like the flowers in your shop. If you sold these here it would be quite troublesome because I would have to stay here all day and you would get tired of me," Shikamaru explained.

"You know I would never get tired of you," Ino winked. "I'm curious, if this thing will make you stay here all day if I had it in the shop, I'll have to get some."

"No don't, I don't want anyone but me doing something like this," Shikamaru revealed the item he was holding to be mistletoe and put on in Ino's hair. "Now it's on your head all the time so I don't have to go through the trouble of waiting until you walk under it."

End of Event 23

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Event 24: Shadow Kiss (ShikamaruxIno)

Ino sighed deeply, making a pause in her speech, "that is what I want to feel," she finished. She looked towards Shikamaru, who was obviously not paying attention. Their team was supposed to be training, but Chouji kept complaining of hunger so they took a break.

Shikamaru had sat down on a small hill to watch the clouds. Ino soon joined, sitting beside him even if he had not made any kind of hints that he wanted her company. However, he did not appear to be bothered by her presence either.

She started chatting about that special moment she longed to feel with the kiss of her true love. The conversation began because Valentine's Day was approaching, so love appeared to be a common topic those days. "Shikamaru, are you even listening to me?" There she was, describing her perfect Valentine's kiss and he wasn't paying attention. She crossed her arms and glared daggers at him.

Shikamaru shifted his gaze away from the clouds and in Ino's direction for just a moment. "Why are you telling me this?" Although it didn't look like it, he had been listening, he had heard every word.

Flashback

"I want that moment to be special," Ino had said. "It will be a perfect Valentine's Day kiss. I want to feel as if my body moves on its own being drawn to my true love. We come closer and closer, then slowly, a loving kiss, that's my Valentine's wish. Do you think it'll come true? Do you think he will..." she paused and sighed deeply. The image wasn't too clear in her mind anymore. In the past she could clearly see 'him' as Sasuke, but now the man in her dream had become a mystery. "That is what I want to feel."

End Flashback

Ino wasn't sure she knew the answer to Shikamaru's question. "Because you're my friend," was the first thing that came into her mind. "Friends tell each other things like this." She got up and started walking down the hill. "I'll see if Chouji has finished his snack yet so we can continue training."

Then Shikamaru called her, "Ino."

She turned to face him and suddenly she couldn't move. Her shadow had been captured by his the second she turned around and as he walked forward, so did she. Closer and closer then there was a loving kiss, just like her wish. She could see him clearly now. The man in her dreams was no longer a blur he was Shikamaru.

End of Event 24

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Event 25: Future Plans (ShikamaruxIno)

'I was going to be a so-so ninja and earn an okay salary...'

In the quiet of the night, three ninjas made their way deep into enemy territory. Their mission was to recover a very important scroll with vital information and meet up with their village's other teams. The light of the full moon shining upon the guards made it easy for one of those ninjas to use a jutsu that involved shadows.

Two other ninjas moved forward. Their mission was to get the scroll and leave as quickly as possible. A guard was taken by surprise, making for an easily borrowed disguise. One of the ninja stayed at that point, guardian his teammate. However, she was not really there.

Disguised as one of the enemies, she easily made her way to the deepest room in the fortress. She took the scroll and returned unnoticed. Now back to being herself, the two went to the entrance from which they came and met their teammate, who still held the guards firmly in place. The guards were released from their shadowy prison, but before they could stop them, the three ninjas were gone.

A considerable distance from there, they reunited with the other teams. Each team had accomplished their mission and the four teams went to the second phase. The mission as a whole was successful thanks to the vital information obtained from the scroll. They returned to the Hidden Leaf village as heroes.

'Marry a regular girl who'd be neither a beauty nor a hag...'

Ino stood at the edge of the rooftop. The wind was gently playing with her long blond hair. The sun was setting in the horizon of the Hidden Leaf village, creating a spectacle of bright reds, oranges and yellows.

Shikamaru approached and without turning around, Ino smiled recognizing his presence. He stood beside her and watched the sunset; it was almost as much fun as watching the clouds. He couldn't help it but to be amazed at her beauty and to think she was his fiance.

'Have two kids, first a girl then, after that, a boy...'

The news had come as a surprise to him. The news itself was not so surprising, it was only natural and it was to be expected. What shocked him was a certain detail about the news. Had Ino said she was going to have a baby; Shikamaru would have only been half as surprised as he was. She was not going to have a baby; she was going to have two, twins, a girl and a boy.

'Then I'd retire when my oldest girl got married and my son became independent...'

It seemed that all the top shinobis in the village had gathered in the hospital that day. Shikamaru paced back and forth, while Chouji commented that he was almost as bad as Naruto when it was Hinata giving birth and that it was so unlike him to do anything except sitting still.

The birth went without any complications for Ino. The twins were born healthy and strong. First the girl, then a few minutes later, the boy.

'After that I'd play Shogi and Go all day long, living a relaxed and easy retired life...'

The Hidden Leaf village shinobi were one of the most well known in the world. The teams from that village, especially the top four teams, were always busy with missions and he, his wife and his best friend, were one of those teams.

'Then I'd go of old age before my wife...'

After the time of frequent missions there followed a time of peace. It was an era when even those top ranked teams could take a break and spend time with their families. To Shikamaru, sitting beside Ino watching the Nara children running around playing with the Uzumaki and Uchiha children, was infinitely more relaxing than watching the clouds, despite the children's vast energy.

'I wanted that kind of life and then I tried to do my best, which is so unlike me...'

"Sometimes doing your best really is worth it..."

End of Event 25

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Event 26: Not Just the Jacket (ShikamaruxIno)

Shikamaru did his best to glare, but the look in his eyes was more of annoyance than anger. Ino and Chouji were making fun of how he looked with his new jacket after he had been promoted to chunin level.

Although he had continuously told them not to laugh while keeping a straight face himself, he couldn't help it but to wonder about Ino's comment that even he didn't look so bad in that jacket. Even if it was not like him at all to care about his appearance, Shikamaru couldn't help it but to feel... curious for lack of better word.

He wanted to know if she was only joking or if maybe she found him remotely handsome. Surprised at his own thoughts, he quickly forced himself to dismiss them, but such thoughts were stubborn and were destined to return later.

It wasn't until a considerable amount of time later that Shikamaru could no longer push the memory of Ino's comment to the back of is mind where he could barely hear it. Instead her voice stubbornly echoed in his every thought. As if on cue, he saw the blond that occupied his thoughts, crossing the bridge ahead.

By his ever precise calculations, Shikamaru determined that if they continued walking at that same speed, taking into account the direction of the wind and any other seemingly insignificant factors that could make a fraction of a difference when properly analyzed with an IQ of 200, he concluded that they would meet at the center of the bridge. Not the exact center, but approximately five inches more towards the south part.

When Ino and Shikamaru came face to face they stopped at the bridge, in the exact positions he had calculated. Ino casually greeted him and started to chat. From what he could gather, she was sent on an errand of some sort. He didn't pay enough attention to her words to know what exactly she was supposed to do, but by the expression on her face, which he studied in detail, he knew it was nothing unusual. She was probably going to buy some groceries or something.

"You always have that look in your eyes when I talk, as if you're listening but you're not," Ino observed.

Shikamaru heard her perfectly, regardless of being lost in thought. The change in her tone of voice indicated that it was time to wake up. "Ino, do you remember when you and Chouji found out about my promotion?"

She was taken by surprise by the question, "yeah?"

"You said that even I didn't look bad in a jacket," Shikamaru was truly in disbelief with himself, asking Ino about such things. He would be surprised if she still remembered that particular detail.

Ino couldn't help it but to smile at the memory. It wasn't really the jacket. It was the recognition Shikamaru had received. He had been promoted to chunin when no one else was. She didn't need the council to tell her he was a great guy. Although she didn't see it right away, now it came to Ino as the most obvious fact. Yet she wondered if anyone other than Chouji, Asuma and herself saw that talent. She was pleasantly surprised that the council saw it too. She sometimes wondered if Shikamaru himself knew how talented he was, it was hard to tell with his lazy attitude towards pretty much everything. "You look good in it."

Shikamaru stayed silent for a moment, as if expecting her to say something else.

At the same time, Ino wondered what he was waiting for and why he asked such an unexpected question. "Shikamaru, you look handsome with or without the jacket."

Shikamaru couldn't help it but to smile back as he felt an inexplicable happiness.

End of Event 26

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Event 27: Lunch (ShikamaruxIno)

Ino followed Shikamaru to their usual restaurant where they often ate with Asuma and Chouji. She was surprised to find that Chouji was not already in their regular table, eating like there's not tomorrow. Asuma was also nowhere to be found. "Chouji's late for lunch?"

"I didn't say this was a meeting with the entire team. I just asked you to come with me," Shikamaru replied.

"If we're not here to meet Asuma and Chouji, then why are we here? Why did you ask me to come?" Ino was a bit confused.

"This is going to be a drag if you don't even know," Shikamaru spoke with a hint of disappointment.

Ino thought about it. Was he asking her out to lunch? Were they on a date? She had agreed to go out to lunch with Shikamaru, just the two of them and she hasn't even noticed. 'Maybe it just means I'm comfortable around him so I agreed naturally,' she smiled.

End of Event 27

Disclaimer, I don't own Naruto. Event 25 is based on Chapter 119 of the manga. Event 26 was based on Chapter 172 of the manga.
Sign up to rate and review this story