Categories > Original > Romance > For Our Sins

Mistaken Identity

by RenoTurk 0 reviews

Hanatou should have told Takahashi about his sister... it would have saved a lot of trouble.

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-09-19 - Updated: 2009-09-19 - 2379 words

0Unrated
Hanatou avoided the problem with Iwao for the rest of the weekend, and following a study period on the Sunday, he got into bed early evening and turned on a game-show. He was tired, stressed and on top of it all he realised that he actually missed Takahashi more than he wanted to admit, the revelation meant he knew he was falling for him, he hadn't expected that at all. Hanatou fell asleep to the sounds of a quiz show in the background, the sheets shifting in his sleep to barely cover his ass and legs, the door to his room wide open as he'd forgotten to shut it with no one else being around.

Minako was Hanatou's youngest sister, she wasn't his actual sister in terms of his parents marriage, she was a half-sister because his father had some crisis or other that resulted in an affair. Minako had not been ignored however, his mother had always wanted a daughter, but Hanatou had been their only child even through years of trying, so Minako had grown up around their house a lot even if her blood-mother had never been welcome for the obvious reason.

Minako knocked and let herself into the dorm, Hanatou had no idea she was coming over, he was often quite short with her telling her that she had to let him know. What if they were out? Minako spotted her sleeping brother and made a drink before settling down on the sofa, she fell asleep reading one of the student magazines and didn't see or hear Takahashi's arrival later that night.

Takahashi put his bags down, he was so tired but more importantly excited that he could see Hanatou again, he looked over at the TV on, he went into the bedroom and turned it off, smiling at the sleeping body and gently running his hands over his partner's bare flesh. He shut the door behind him and made a drink before stumbling into the living room, his eyes widened.

Hanatou had lovely dark hair, the bangs would fall into his face over his deep chocolate eyes and Minako looked very different due to her mothers inherited genes. Minako had long lush blond hair, her eyes when opened were a light hazel but Takahashi just saw a woman, a woman in the room when normally they would not be allowed, and a woman on the sofa that looked content to go through Hanatou's things and be comfortable enough to fall asleep. He knew Hanatou liked women too and his heart sank, perhaps he was not enough and Hanatou was having lie to him to hide disappointing him with the truth.

The younger student headed into his room and shut the door, he didn't know how to face Hanatou about it either, what if the woman was a fiancée? He hadn't thought to check her finger, then again he had assumed if his parents had arranged it for him that Hanatou might have said, he felt thoroughly dejected, was it so wrong to love another man? He curled up on the bed and hugged the coffee, he didn't even feel like he could go to sleep but eventually fatigue took over and he nodded off slumped into the corner of the wall.

Hanatou hadn't heard a thing, when he woke up for University his alarm was already going off and he yawned, hand outstretched on to the side and flopping his hand around he finally found the source of his irritation. The alarm clock was silenced, he more slithered out of the bed as opposed to got out of it and fished around to find an old shirt and boxers before stumbling into the kitchen with a yawn and lighting his first cigarette of the day, he usually tried to avoid smoking near Takashi and kept vowing he'd give up but then something would stress him out, like Iwao for example, and it would be back to the drawing board.

"Hana-san." Minako wandered up behind him, Hanatou jumped and dropped the coffee mug, fortunately empty, which made her giggle a little. "Sorry brother, I wanted to say hello last night but you had already passed out."

"What are you doing here? We're not supposed to have female friends stay over..." He picked up the mug and got another, making one for her to too. "What have I said about calling too?"

"I'm sorry Hana-san but it was important and I wanted to talk to you in person." She put her hands to her front and looked at him, holding her own hands together. "I'm sorry but I wanted to talk to you without our parents around."

"What's wrong?" He finished his smoke, handed her the hot drink and looked back.

"I have a boyfriend," she looked at him her cheeks flushing, "and he's nearby but mum has said I can't have one until I finish high school. Can we come here sometimes? So I can see him without her getting mad?"

"Can I ask Taka first?" He looked at her, unaware he had got home that night anyway. "I think your mum's being a bit harsh."

Takahashi yawned, stretched and climbed out of bed, he looked a little uneasy as he stepped out into the kitchen, the deep green satin pyjama's had twisted around his stomach, he leant down and untangled them, he lifted his head in time to see Hanatou wrap his arms around the woman and hug her tight. Takahashi ended up blankly staring for a moment before turning around, going to the bathroom and locking the door, he slid to the cold tiled floor and put his head to his knees, he closed his eyes and fought back a sob.

"I better go," Mina said pulling back, "I will call you soon. Thank you so much." She bowed and headed out.

Hanatou smiled, a soft snort to himself as he got his breakfast and went to collect the mail. He spotted Takahashi's bags on the side and wondered why his partner hadn't thought to speak to him yet. Takahashi grabbed his books for university and brushed past him without a word, he simply couldn't face the idea that Hanatou would want anyone but him and didn't think an explanation could be anything other than the obvious. Hanatou watched him go, he thought about running after him but then again what had he done wrong?

By the end of the day both students felt lousy, Hanatou had sat through a post-mortem missing half the notes and getting more annoyed by his lack of concentration. Takahashi decided to walk the long way home, he didn't see Iwao watching him come and go, the young man had deemed that he must have been glad for his lover to go away. He just couldn't stop thinking about it, or worrying about what would happen when he got home, he planned to tell Hanatou he was going to find another room. There was no way they could move into a condo now.

Iwao watching the student walking slowly along, he appeared a few streets ahead, walked down and casually and accidentally bumped into the purple haired student. Takahashi leant down, apologising immediately for being so distracted. Iwao knew immediately that the young man was thinking of things a million miles away and looked at him, he handed him one of the books.

“It's okay,” he smiled, “you look like you've really had enough already.”

“Oh I'm sorry, relationship troubles.” Takahashi blushed, for an older man he wasn't that bad looking.

“You seem far too young to be worrying about that kind of thing.” He chuckled. “Whoever she is,” he knew the truth, “I would say she's not worth all that worry.”

“Actually,” he couldn't understand his need to correct him and would never have usually, “it's a he.”

Iwao cocked his head slightly and sighed, like he knew what he meant and offered to take him for a drink. Takahashi hadn't really got any awareness of the yakuza, only from films and news reports, he nodded and accepted. Perhaps if Hanatou saw him with someone else he might realise how much he had hurt him, he might want to talk about it, perhaps even stop whatever was happening with that woman. He ended up in the cocktail bar until the early hours of the morning.

Iwao took him home, he left him in the bed naked on purpose and the next morning when Takahashi stirred it was with a huge sense of confusion. He sat up in an unfamiliar bed, for a moment horror took him that he had slept with someone, ruined any chance of trying to approach Hanatou but he didn't feel any different. So he had to guess it was okay.

“Morning,” Iwao put down the coffee and sat on the bed, “are you feeling better now?”

“I am just feeling fed up,” he looked at him, “I don't mean to be ungrateful, I just don't understand why Hanatou couldn't be honest about his feelings with a woman.”

“Why don't you just stay here a few days and maybe he will realise how much he misses you?” He decided it would be fun to play devils advocate after all.

“Oh I don't know, we just met and,” Takahashi blushed, “I don't want to give you the wrong idea.”

“You can't,” he stood up and grabbed his wallet, “I am usually straight.” He leant over and kissed his forehead, all he needed was to get him onside in a false manner. He just needed someone he could bribe Hanatou with.

“Oh well,” Takashi smiled, “perhaps I could, thank you. I'll do the housework.”

“You don't have too.” He smiled softly. “But I wouldn't refuse such a kind offer.”

“I'd turn the phone off, that's how my girlfriend does it, second she thinks I've moved on she gets all upset you know?” He gathered up what looked to be like the files for a days office work.

“I guess that's true.” Takahashi chuckled, in truth he hadn't turned it on since he left for college that morning, he'd planned to take it up with his partner that night until he got distracted and went for a drink. “I've got college though... I should go.” He went to stand up and then the hang-over struck, he groaned lightly.

“I'd stay in bed, you did have quite a bit.” Iwao smirked, he just needed to get someone to check he wasn't leaving now, if he sent other people in to capture him when he tried it wouldn't look like him, he could still manipulate him later. “Take care.”

In the meantime Hanatou had spent the night worried and sat on the sofa, he'd gone through twice the usual amount of cigarettes, left him countless messages and tried to call. It simply didn't make sense, he couldn't sleep and ended up 'bouncing off the walls' with energy from caffeine and adrenaline. He just couldn't work out how it had all changed around, Takahashi had called and said his mother was happy for them, they'd even been explicit on the phone, he had no idea how Takahashi could have turned so cold. He sighed, gathering up another drink and putting his hand to his face, it just didn't add up at all.

After another message he showered and got ready for college, he stumbled blinding in and even his friends commented on how he probably should have stayed home. Hanatou said nothing, he slid into his chair ready for the lecture, taking notes and all the while he kept wondering if he hadn't pushed Takahashi too hard insisting on them keeping things quiet. Everyone around them had a relationship that was growing or beginning, but everyone he knew had a partner of the opposite sex so he couldn't even go to someone to ask them about the confusion he was feeling either.

What he did know was that he wanted Takahashi as his partner, and having made that decisions he was rather loathe to let the opportunity to pass him by. When he finally left college that afternoon the last person he wanted to see was Iwao. Iwao was sat on the roof of his car, it was some kind of expensive Mazda and the students were talking about it, Hanatou tried to slip past him unnoticed.

“Such a shame you don't want to talk.” Iwao smirked as he walked down the road. “Considering your lover did last night.”

Hanatou froze, a cold shiver ran down his spine and for a moment he closed his eyes. Iwao slipped off the car and walked over, his shirt un-tucked, his jacket flopped messily around in the slight breeze. Hanatou hated him, he knew it with a passion, hated him and the people around him.

“Leave us alone.” He turned to look at him, his dark eyes narrow and angry. “He's innocent, leave him and leave us!” Hanatou forgot about the secretive world he preferred in his anger, other students turned around curious about it all.

Iwao laughed, it was so cocky and Hanatou wanted to punch him but there was already an audience and he hated that. Iwao simply flipped open his phone, the latest wallpaper image was Takahashi, soundly and quite naked, asleep in a bed. Hanatou's blood ran cold, he clenched his fists, so Takahashi had ended up there, with Iwao but it didn't look forced and it led to many more confusing questions.

“He was so upset about you bringing another woman home I didn't even have to try.” Iwao laughed and getting into the car he pulled off, speeding down the road.

Hanatou stood still, silently seething as the car ran down the path. Had Takahashi really ran into Iwao and into his bed? Part of him wanted to punch the wall he was near in anger, the other half of him was dismayed to think that they had promised one another they would wait to be so intimate and it looked like... another woman? Hanatou put the books on the wall and sighed, so he'd mistaken his sister for someone else. He leant on the wall and looked down, it had just become very, very complicated.
Sign up to rate and review this story