Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Why am I a Pokémon?

Beowulf

by GalacticFTW 0 reviews

....

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-09-20 - Updated: 2009-09-20 - 1117 words

0Unrated
A/N: Sorry, forgot about this... meh, I do/n't think this is my best chapter lol... it's all opinion, really.

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 4: Beowulf, the Houndour/Houndoom

“I wonder what Lucian is up to...?” I mumbled. I hadn’t seen him in a long time. It had been... what? About two or three months… argh I really don’t know… Now you’re probably wondering how I came to be. Well, I’ll tell you my friends…

____________________________________________________________

Flashback (about five years before…)

“Let’s prep him for surgery,” Lucian smiled at the sweet, innocent me. I was the shortest patient in the whole hospital it seemed. I was only 14 when I almost died… I had a fairly good-sized hole in my heart. I used to be spunk, ornery, self-centred, active and helpful. But all that changed when I was diagnosed with a hole in my heart… and it kept growing, too. Now I’m ill and very weak, I can’t walk without getting a cardiac arrhythmia… it’s terrible! I’ve never felt like myself again! I used to cry myself to sleep until they gave me morphine to stop the pain… but this never helped me! I would never stop the pain I feel every waking hour of the day! And my parents were dead…!!! How could anyone comprehend that?!?!

“Will I be OK?” I asked Lucian.

“You’ll be fine, Harrison.”

“Are you… sure…?” I welled up. I somehow knew I was going to die! I could just see it in his eyes!

“I’m positive,” he smiled and I was immediately wheeled into the O.R. “Now this will make you sleepy,” he said while covering my face with one of those mask things used to make someone sleepy…

“OK…,” I said groggily. I soon dozed off into dream world……..

The next thing I knew, I could vaguely hear shouting.

“Time of death!” Lucian tapped his foot.

“No!” Cynthia protested. They started to shock me… no use.

“Come on! Time of death!” He repeated, slightly growling.

“NO!!!” She protested and shocked me again.

“Time of death…: 2:35 PM,” he said in a negative (or sad?) tone.

“You were on the verge of death anyways…,” said a voice. I was surrounded by a shadowy darkness above my body… what the hell? I couldn’t even describe it, except it feels cold, heartless and nearly jet-black.

“Who goes there?” I shuddered. I looked around and couldn’t see anything.

“Incompetent boy, look here,” a ghostly figure appeared and eventually changed into a figure I could recognize… It was small and grayish, with a yellow helmet-looking thing, with two grey streaming tails and a reddish jewel-thing on its head (and two in its tail). Its eyes were closed… but why? I had no idea… It hovered there effortlessly.

“U-Uxie…? Is that you…?” I mused.

“Yes, it is.”

“W-why am I here?” I had a puzzled look on my face.

“Because,” he/it said. “I’m going to give you a new life… you’ll love it!” He/it chuckled.

“Wait… what is that supposed to mean?!” I blinked. My lifeless body was already being sent to the morgue… I shuddered.

“Are you sure you don’t want to be dead as a doornail?” He/it chuckled again.

“It’s not funny!” I retorted defensively.

“Oh sorry, everyone calls me the jokester… Now, on with your new life…!” He/it disappeared…

“What’s going on,” I felt something squishy. I wanted to vomit, but I knew I couldn’t do that… because I was floating in a strange, warm, gooey, squishy, any words that describe gross, fluid-like stuff. I could feel me being tossed around…? What is this? Where am I?

“What the hell is going on…,” was all I could muster before seeing an extremely bright light… it was so blinding. I heard a ton of moaning and whimpering from something… but what is this? I couldn’t even describe it…

“Time for your new life…,” said a voice.

“Huh?” I yipped, closed my eyes briefly and the next thing I knew, my mother (err…?) was licking me with her really rough tongue. I had to blink several times because I was really blind – I couldn’t see a damn thing!

“Hello Beowulf,” said my mother (yeah, definitely!). “I’m your mother, Adelheid. Welcome to the world.”

“What the fuck?! I used to have a life, until now!” I mumbled.

“Shh… go to sleep.”

“Hell no! I wanna know what’s going on!” I blinked several times and I could see… that I had black fur, with a bright orange belly, thick ears, and a chubby tail that could wag whenever possible. I looked canid-like complete with paws with semi-retractable claws that could scratch behind my ears. I had what looked like rings around my ankles and back (which was actually extremely stiff hair, as I found out by scratching my back and ankles.) I could just barely see what my face looked like, but I could see slight orangey colour. I accidentally bit my lower lip to reveal that I had very sharp canines.

“Ow…!” I yipped.

“Aww… shhh… calm down sweetie,” mother rubbed against me. “Tomorrow, you’re going to learn how to hunt. But today, you’re going to learn our different calls.”

I took my first good look at mother. She was what looked like a Houndoom…? She was taller, bigger, and more slimmer-built than me. She had more rings on her ankles and back. She had huge horns that looked as if they were sharper than swords – they were at least a foot long if not more. She also had a long, skinny tail that looked like an arrowhead on a string. She had something that looked like a necklace, ending in a skull-looking thing. Her muzzle was a beautiful shade of orange that ended in a shiny, black nose. It looked cute, I don’t know why.

“This is a howl,” she howled loudly that my eardrums almost burst. I nodded. “This is a friendly bark,” she barked. “And this is ‘I’m lost, where are you?’ bark,” she barked rapidly; I could barely follow with my stupid and tiny brain. “And this is…” By then, I stopped listening at stared at everything.

“I’ll try walking,” I got up and tried to walk but stumbled instead, hitting my head on a stupid fucking rock.

“Oh, are you OK? And why are you walking away from me?” She jumped right in front of me.

“Oh… I was trying out my new legs…,” I said a white lie. “This is going to be fucking hard…,” I thought.

Worst day of my life…

Shit.
Sign up to rate and review this story