Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon

The Raven

by GalacticFTW 0 reviews

A poem based on Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven", but with a Honchkrow. This is my first time with a narrative poem so be kind to me.

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Published: 2009-09-20 - Updated: 2009-09-20 - 353 words - Complete

0Unrated
But the Raven still beguiling all my sad soul into smiling,
Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird, and bust and door;
Then upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore —
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking “Nevermore.”

From “The Raven”, a poem by Edgar Allan Poe, it is public domain because its copyright status expired.


_____________________________________________________________________

A-snoozing half-passèd midnight, I was woken up by something, as I looked up on top of my shelf, there it was, a Honchkrow; it was a-perchèd atop of the bust of Apollo. “Why bother?” I asked. A-perchèd, a-perchèd, in full glory; I find it difficult to comprehend its visitation.

“I cannot answer that,” it squawked. Mellow it looked, very mellow; it just sat there, as if nothing were to happen. It starèd at me, and I starèd back. Oh, it reminded me of my late, sweet Nancy. I remembered how Nancy used to train a Honchkrow.

“Why are you perchèd atop of Apollo?” I asked; befuddled as I looked at it. It simply squawked:

“I cannot answer that.” Disgruntled, I decided to chase it away, but it was still a-perchèd upon that bust. “Never,” it flew up and onto ceiling fan. Now it was a-perchèd even higher than before. I could never reach this pesky bird.

“Are you telling me I am going to die?” Honchkrows remind me of death.

“Never,” it squawked. I got angry again and turned the ceiling fan on and it flew to one of my bookshelves. I decided to throw a book at it and it simply flew off… off into the midnight sky – never to be seen again.

“What a pesky bird,” I fell back asleep, a-snoozing again… again…

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: OK, my first time trying to do this type of poem (“The Raven” is one of my favourite poems!), I also got the “è” from Romeo and Juliet, mainly because it sounds cool. Please R&R but no flames please.
Sign up to rate and review this story