Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Cellist and the Songbird

Chapter 2

by ElaLovesYou 0 reviews

just read it

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2009-09-25 - Updated: 2009-09-26 - 901 words

0Unrated
"She's been out of reach for hours. I don't know what you could do for her. She's in a coma. She won't come out until wants to."
The doctor shook his head hopelessly. 'Would this guy ever give up?' "What did you say your name was again?"
The blonde haired, tall man hesitated, then leant in close to the doctor, "Eicca Toppinen at your service. Our secret!" he whispered with an inward smile.
The doctor froze in surprise then waved him into the room without question. Nobody noticed the quiet exchange.
Eicca stumbled into the room, pausing as his gaze fell on the bloodied body on the bed.
"We didn't get time to clean her."
Eicca jumped, he hadn't heard the doctor come in.
"I will do it if you are to busy." he said slowly, agonising over the dirt on her motionless form. The doctor nodded slightly, pointed out a bowl of water and a sponge and walked quietly from the room.
Eicca walked slowly over to the bed. A single tear glistened on his cheek as he looked down on the young looking girl he had saved. He dipped the sponge into the water and gently began cleaning the blood, dirt and grit from the road off her. He averted his eyes from places he didn't need to see and got her naked frame so clean that the skin underneath the bruises showed it's true pale colour and seemed to glow with radiance.
Eicca cleaned her face last, brushing the dirt off her cheeks, washing and brushing her long reddish brown hair and drying her with such care that you would have thought she was a newborn baby.
He dressed her in a plain white nightgown with E.G,T embroidered on the front in elegant black lettering. He then placed her back in the bed and pulled the covers over her. His fingers brushed lightly over her cheek and he looked back in confusion. He was sure he had felt movement under his hand.
He pulled up a chair and sat by her bedside, stroking her cheek gently, tears streaming down his face.
"God help her. What have I done?"

A gentle knock at the door had Eicca jumping to his feet, upturning his chair in fright.
"Oh I'm sorry," said Adam, entering the room, "I didn't mean to scare you," he caught sight of the tear tracks running down Eicca's face,"I'll go if you'd like, I mean I only came to check on you.."
"No, stay." said Eicca weakly. Adam walked over quietly and set a hand on Eicca's shoulder, comforting him. Eicca just stood there looking helpless.
"What do I do Adam? What if she dies?" the tears welled up and spilled over, "Am I a murderer? I can't lose anyone else!" He collapsed to his knee's sobbing.
"Emily Grace's death was not your fault. She loved the horses and when the barn burnt down noone could have known she would hang herself. It wasn't your fault! And neither is what happened here." Adam pulled the chair upright again and helped Eicca into it.
"You need your rest Eicca-"
"NO! I will not leave her!" He said, pulling the chair over to Jessi's bedside again and sitting down stubbornly.
"Alright then, I have some errands to run so call me if you want to be picked up later ok?" Adam said gently, backing out of the room. Eicca collapsed his head down on the bed from exhaustion, seeking out her hand, he gripped it firmly.
"It's all my fault and I will never forgive myself." he murmured quietly before falling asleep.

The first thing she was aware of was a gentle beeping and the soft whoosh of breath going in and out. An old grandfather clock chimed 12 and she forced her eyes open. It was dark so she assumed it was night time. Her head flopped lazily to the side and she saw the moving outline of a man, his hand slackly holding her's, his head at an awkward angle to his body.
She sat up, carefully slipping her fingers out of his, and pulled the breathing tube out of her throat. She, none to gently, ripped the I.V line out of her other hand. She slipped out of the bed, stumbling as she hit the ground and moved like a shadow over to the man. She pulled back the covers on the bed and set the pillows up to accomodate two people. She gently lifted his body out of the chair and let him flop onto the bed. She manoeuvred his limbs so he would only take up half of the bed and got in next to him, pulling the covers up over them both. She lay with her back to him, tossing and turning, trying to get comfy. She fell asleep fitfully and only truely relaxed when she felt two warm arms snake around her and pull her to a warm chest.
Adam knocked on the door of the room the next morning and, when there was no reply, opened it hesitantly.
"Aww." He saw Eicca's hair draping off the bed and when he moved closer he saw the outline of two sleeping bodies in the bed.
He smiled slightly to himself, placed a single daisy on the bedside table and left the room, pulling the door shut gently behind him.
Sign up to rate and review this story