Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Personal Oxygen

Something is Just Not Right

by SafeBehindMusic 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-09-30 - Updated: 2009-09-30 - 1099 words

1Moving
All through homeroom Jack was eerily quiet. Actually he was still as stone and that’s when I realized that Jack was not sitting in his chair.

Just as the bell rang for first period the door was thrown open and someone came running in.


“Nice of you to join us Mr. Barakat. Since you were late I think it appropriate for you and Ms. Jones to go first today.”

“Fair enough.”

“Celeste. Are you ready?”

What the hell was he doing. We hadn’t practiced together at all.

“Celeste?”

“Umm. If Jacks ready.”

“I’m ready.”

Walking up to the class was not easy. I had no idea what he was up to.

“whenever you are ready.”

Before I could say anything to Jack he started speaking.

“If I profane with my unworthiest hand is holy shrine, the gentle fine is this. My lips, Two blushing pilgrims, ready stand, to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.”

Asshole changed the scene on me. Unfortunately I knew this one well enough.

“Good Pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much. Which mannerly devotion shows in this: For saints have hands that pilgrims’ hands do touch and palm to palm is holy palmers’ kiss”

“Have saints lips and holy palmers too?”

“Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer.”

“Oh then dear saints let lips do what hands do. They pray, grant thou lest faith turn to despair.”

“Saints do not move though grant for prayers sake.”

“Then move not while my prayer’s effect I take. Thus from my lips by yours my sin is purged.”

Before I could say my next line I felt Jacks lips on mine. The kiss only lasted a few seconds and it was over. He pulled back and waited for my next line.

“Then have my lips the sin that they have took.”

“Sin from thy lips. O trespass sweetly urged give me my sin again.”

For the second time in one day I felt Jacks lips on mine. His kiss was nothing like Tyler . Then again he was just kissing me because the play called for it.

“You kiss by the book.”

Ms. Clark filled in for the nurse.

“Madam your mother craves a word with you.”

“What is her mother?”

“Her mother is the lady of the house. I nursed her daughter that you talked withal”

“Is she a Capulet: O dear account my life is my foes debt. Ay, so I fear; the more is my unrest.”

I know at this point all people have exited but Juliet and the nurse. Hoping that the teacher keeps up as the nurse I continue.

“What’s he that follows there, that would not dance?”

“I know not.”

“go ask his name; if he be married my grave is like to be my wedding bed.”

“His name is Romeo and a Montague. The only son of your great enemy.”

“My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and known to late!
Prodigious birth of love it is to me. That I must love a loathed Enemy.”

Just like that our scene was done. I could not help but freeze up a bit when Jack grabbed my hand and whispered “bow” in my ear. It was the first time he had touched my hand since we fought.

I felt him dragging me to the back of the room while the teacher praised our performance.
Once at my chair I sat down and prepared to listen to the next pair perform.

“That’s the most you have spoken to me in over a month.” Jack whispered.

“I never said we couldn’t talk.”

“I never had the chance to talk to you after you found out. I never got the chance to explain. You where always near Tyler or one of his friends. It seems you are never alone anymore.”

In all honesty I was alone now more than ever. I loved spending time with Tyler but things had changed from the first time I met him. He was becoming more possessive. He was moving things to fast in the relationship. I was afraid that where he wanted to go I wouldn’t want to follow. I was afraid of what would happen if I told him no.

With everything I was going through, and everything I was going to go through I needed a friend other than Joseph. I needed Jack back.

“Tyler ’s afraid that something is going to happen to me if he lets me out of his sight. He said that there are bad people in this school and that if he was not careful that one of them would try and hurt me.”

“Is that what he said.”

“Yes.”

“And what do you think?”

“I think that he is one of the bad people.”

I could almost hear the wheels turning in Jack head.

“Where is this coming from?”

“This morning when I came to school I…”

“You?”

“I think I walked in on Tyler and one of his friends picking on someone in the hallway. The bad thing about being blind is that you cant see. I heard voices but they were whispers, hurried whispers. And then the way he was talking to Rian. I’m just not sure anymore.”

“Do something about it.”

I hated to admit this to Jack but I needed Tyler . Now more than ever. I had my surgery coming up in less that two weeks. I would need someone to help me get used to seeing again. If the surgery worked.

“Lets just drop it ok. The bell just rung and I need to meet Marcus so that he can walk me to music.”

“Tyler ’s idea?”

“Yeah but I’m going along with it. I don’t want you getting hurt Jack.”

I thought that I heard him mumble “too late” but I could not be sure. I was already walking towards the door.

“Hey Celeste?”

“Yeah Jack.”

“I miss talking to you.”

“I miss talking to you too. Don’t be a stranger Jack. Actually are you going to the party tonight?”

“Yeah.”

“Lets meet up so that we can talk. I will be nice having someone other than Tyler around.”

“Really?”

“Yes really. Talk to you then.”

I could see the excitement in his voice and I could not help but notice how happy I was inside the room and how nervous I got when I heard Marcus’ voice outside. I didn’t understand it but for some reason. Things just didn’t seem right.
Sign up to rate and review this story