Categories > Anime/Manga > Mirage of Blaze > Last life.

Wounded

by pearlhime 0 reviews

The took-a-long time to write and it's freakin' short chapter is here. Enjoy.

Category: Mirage of Blaze - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Naoe Nobutsuna,Uesugi Kagetora - Published: 2009-10-01 - Updated: 2009-10-02 - 229 words

0Unrated
The silence stretched taut like a strain between the two possessors. Scenery passed through the unseeing hazel eyes of Takaya, refusing by inner guidance to meet the occasional hesitant gaze of his vassal behind the driver’s seat. “Are you sure you don’t want me to take you to the hospital?” Naoe glanced askance at the slender arm bandaged clumsily with torn cloth cradled limply on the boy’s lap.

“No. I’m sure.”

A hand loosened on the steering wheel, “Takaya…”

“Don’t touch me,” golden flashed through the mottled green and the fine jaw clenched. Naoe felt the change in the atmosphere, stifled rage flowing from the boy’s aura. “Lord Kagetora,” he respectfully leaned closer to the steering wheel, keeping his eyes on the road, the tension eased from the rigid set of the boy turning back to the window.

“I didn’t…” Takaya hesitated, “…protect you because I wanted to.” Something in his confused manner prompted Naoe to shoot another glance from the corner of his eye. His Lord had definitely retreated for Kagetora would never sound so unsure when explaining his actions. Scratch that. He never would have allowed his vassal to speak to him in such a manner.

“Then…why?” Naoe asked quietly after a moment, there had to be a reason.

He wanted there to be a reason.

~To be continued~
Sign up to rate and review this story