Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A Heart On The Mend

16. A ghost between us

by Firith 0 reviews

i iz sorry Y_Y

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2009-10-18 - Updated: 2009-10-18 - 1681 words - Complete

1Original
It was a well known fact that Aiyana loved to rant. About anything and everything, she always had an opinion and it always was a lengthy one. And if someone gave her something stronger than a beer, this characteristic of hers usually turned even worse. That’s what she was doing in this very instant, sitting between Faith and Ryan, trying to force some sort of conversation between them, but both knew of her rants, so they simply let her talk by herself while they ignored each other.

Faith looked around the bar, the usual spot of after work release. A moment of peace when doctors and nurses could mingle and talk outside the hospital while having a drink or two. Too bad they always ended up talking about work and patients anyways… Today there was a lot of people in the bar, apparently one of the OR nurses was celebrating something. Faith was dragged here by Frank and Ryan was dragged by Wentz and neither of them wanted to be there in the first place.

Faith took a deep breath and yawned, playing with her straw and the ice at the bottom of her empty glass, placing her elbow on the table and supporting her head with her arm. Aiyana was talking about something, but the words slipped from her brain leaving no trace behind. Until Aiyana stopped with a gasp.

“Brendon!” She said in a loud whisper. “I didn’t know he’d be here!” She instantly started looking for a mirror in her bag, fixing whatever she could fix in the dim light. Ryan and Faith turned in their seats to see Brendon standing by the bar and greeting someone. Then they locked eyes for a brief second and shrugged. After Aiyana finished checking on her makeup, she took her empty glass as well as Faith’s and stood up. “Don’t go anywhere, I’m getting us more drinks.”

Faith rolled her eyes at Aiyana and looked briefly at Ryan, who was playing with what was left inside his glass. Awkward silence settled between them and something inside Faith itched for her to break it.

“Um…” She mumbled. “How have you been?” She asked in his general direction, not really looking at him.

Ryan cleared his throat. “Uh, fine. And you?”

“I’ve been better…” Faith lowered her voice and took a deep breath.

“Yeah? What’s wrong?” He asked clueless, but he had to know, or at least Faith felt he had to know. She looked at him again and shook her head, giving him a small smile.

“Doesn’t matter…”

Ryan sighed. “It obviously matters to me… If I asked you.”

Faith looked at him again, the million things she would’ve liked to say choking in her throat. She looked around then, looking for something to change the subject. “Who brought you here? Wentz?”

“Yeah,” Ryan said stirring the ice in his glass. “He dragged me out. And was sort of intimidating about it too.”

Faith chuckled. “Frankie was too… I was already in bed when he got there and literally dragged me out and made me get dressed.”

“We’ve got to get new friends,” Ryan chuckled. “Ones that mind their own business.”

“Well, I ain’t getting those locked up in my own room, though.” Faith looked around at Aiyana, who was happily chatting with Brendon. “Dammit…”

“What is it?”

“Aiyana said she’d get me another drink.” She said pointing to the bar.

Ryan rolled his eyes in his cousin’s direction. “Good luck getting it now,” He chuckled. “I could get it for you, if you’d like?”

Faith smiled shyly, kind of grateful of the darkness. “Sure. I’ll--”

“Tequila sunrise… I know.” Ryan said before standing up. Faith nearly went head to table after Ryan walked away and took a deep breath, looking at him while he was away. She couldn’t help it, but still managed to look away as he came back. Smiling, Ryan placed her drink in front of her. “Just how you like it.”

“Thanks.” Faith muttered shortly before gulping down nearly half of her glass in one take.

“Wow,” Ryan laughed. “Maybe I should’ve brought you two.”

Faith chuckled. “Maybe… But I’ll tell you what, you finish that and I’ll get us the next round.”

Three rounds later, Aiyana made it back to the table, huffing annoyed and sat again in between Ryan and Faith. Both chuckled and giggled at her.

“What’s got your panties on a twist, cousin?” Ryan asked as Faith covered her laughing mouth.

“She doesn’t wear panties though.” Faith said breaking in another giggle fit. Aiyana glared at them both.

“What the fuck is with you two? Half an hour ago you looked like shit!” Aiyana said crossing her arms.

“It’s the alcohol…” Faith said. “Now, why aren’t you all over Bren-Bren?” Faith and Ryan laughed again as Aiyana shuffled in her seat.

“He’s preoccupied.” Aiyana snarled, which caused Ryan and Faith start laughing even harder, and even if Faith apologized several times, Aiyana grew angrier. “Shut up, both of you!” She snapped before standing up.

Aiyana walked fast to the bathroom, a distinct pissed off look on her face. As Faith giggled at her friend, she looked around, catching Frankie entertained with Jamia and Wentz entertained with… who was it this week? Megan? Or some OR nurse probably…

“I think we should take advantage of it.” Ryan said, following Faith’s line of vision.

“What you mean?” Faith asked, swallowing another giggle.

“My car is outside and these fuckers aren’t paying attention to what we do any more. Let’s get the fuck out of here.” Ryan said standing up and holding his hand out to Faith.

“Can you drive?” Faith asked with a chuckle as she stood up.

“I’ll try…” Ryan burst out laughing as both trudged to the exit unnoticed.

.~

Ryan stopped the car outside Faith’s apartment and placed his head on the wheel.

“Are you okay?” Faith asked instinctively.

“I shouldn’t be driving!” He said with a chuckle, without looking up. Faith smiled a little.

“Um, wanna come up and get some coffee, then?” She said biting her lip, knowing that the alcohol induced haze she was in was what made her brave enough to ask, but couldn’t make her look at him. Ryan did though.

“Yeah… I guess it could help.”

Faith walked two steps ahead of Ryan as they trudged to the building, he couldn’t help it, he wanted to watch her walk and even with the cool night air he could feel himself warming up at the sight. This was all a bad idea, it really was, he should turn around and leave right now… but he didn’t. Instead, he boarded the elevator right beside Faith, her arm barely half an inch away from his own. Ryan tried to focus on the blank wall in front of him to steady his breathing, but his skin prickled and itched to touch her. It didn’t help that Faith was nearly panting, her heart pounding so hard that she was sure Ryan could hear it.

Perhaps by coincidence they both decided to look at each other at the same time. Or perhaps coincidences don’t exist. Thing is the instant they locked eyes, they nearly jumped into each other, kissing and touching. Ryan pressed Faith against the wall until a soft ding let them know they had reached the 6th floor: her floor. Faith walked Ryan back and out of the elevator, doing something between an awkward dance and an awkward walk to her door. Only then they stopped.

Faith turned around, struggling with her keys to open the door, but Ryan’s lips on her neck and his hot hands venturing underneath her shirt got the best of her and she nearly lost it when he trapped her earlobe between his teeth, tugging lightly.

The door opened suddenly and Faith took Ryan’s hand pulling him inside, before closing and locking the door, going back to kissing. This time, it was Faith the one walking backwards. First their shoes, then her purse and her hoodie, then Ryan’s shirt, then her own shirt… the closer they got to her bedroom, less clothes they had on each other, leaving a trail from the living room. By the time Ryan dropped Faith on the bed, immediately covering her body with his, they were only skin against skin.

From then on, instinct took over. As neither of them was sober enough to think of anything, they simply did what they felt like doing. Fucking away all the need, all the time apart, all the things they wanted. Fucking away all the rage, all the pain, all the frustration. Hands, lips, teeth and nails, tearing each other down over and over again to make up for the weeks they’ve been apart and for the weeks they still had to endure apart. Over and over again until they were a tangled and sweaty mess of limbs, reluctant to pull away from each other, cause they knew it would mean it was over. And it felt too fucking great to be over.

Panting, Ryan was the first to roll over, leaving them both on their backs staring at the ceiling. They hadn’t uttered a word since they left the car, save for the moans and curses, and probably now wouldn’t be a good time either. There was a gap between them, a vast empty space that the alcohol and lust had managed to diminish, but now that those things were gone the half a foot that separated them in bed was as wide as the ocean.

Ryan turned his back to Faith, snuggling the pillow, biting his lip to keep himself from rolling over and hug her to his chest. Little he knew that Faith, on the far side of the bed, wished more than anything for him to do it.
Sign up to rate and review this story