Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Get Under My Damn Skin.

If You Were A Guy, You Would Just Be A Dick...

by shehadtheworld12 1 review

Exactly.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-10-24 - Updated: 2009-10-24 - 2412 words

1Ambiance
A/N: So I felt pretty bad for half abandoning this story (: Hope this does it justice, I would’ve updated more, but I had such a hectic week with schoolwork and got back from a funeral. Fun isn’t it? Also I’ll be doing 3rd person POV‘s. Not all the time, but once in a while…enjoy. xoxo
___________________________________________________

Bob’s POV

So it was Saturday, and I anxiously waited until 6. I can’t believe she said yes, but part of me wonders if she was just lying and didn’t really plan on coming. That would suck majorly, not to mention embarrassing.

I paced around my cozy apartment despite the odd looks I got from my cat who watched me walk back and forth with his piercing eyes. It felt rather good not being at the station, and having the weekend to myself. With the sun shining through my balcony deck, it gave off a warm effect as my cat took a seat right on the spot where the sun’s rays directly hit. He eventually put his head on his paws and closed his eyes while I was left alone to think by myself in my thoughts.

I had every intention to be collected in myself, but I felt a pang of nervousness as I glanced at the clock and then sighed. It wasn’t like a date or anything, she made that pretty clear. I hadn’t considered it to be either, I mean sure I’ve been on plenty of dates before, but this one wasn’t like the rest. It was different…

I sighed once more figuring now would be a good time to get dressed and all that jazz. I let the water run in the shower before stripping my clothing and walking into the warm spray letting it fall down my hair like a cascade. It eased the sudden tension I felt in my back. When I finished with my shower, I wrapped a towel around my waist, and headed for my closet where I grabbed my black pants, a white shirt, and a black zip up hoodie. I combed through my fringe and let it air dry. I grabbed my shoes and quickly slipped them on with ease, before grabbing my wallet off the counter and my cell phone. I glanced back at the microwave clock and took a deep breath as now would be a good time to leave. I waved to my cat who could careless, and I walked out the door before locking it behind me and heading towards my car, and making my way down to the boardwalk where we agreed to meet. It was more or less ten minutes from my place, and as I drove the beach had come into view, and the crowded boardwalk appeared, where I parked my car and slowly got out and my eyes searched for her, hoping she was here.

Little children laughed and screamed while several food places gave off an aroma of divine smelling food. The sun was halfway down, so I could see the waves forming and crashing down on the brown sand. I became slightly antsy while I waited for her, not to mention the stares I received from some people.

And then I looked to my right, and that’s when I saw her. She looked…pretty.
~~

Ashley’s POV

I became self conscious as I saw him staring at me. It wasn’t like last time when were at the bar, it was different, and now today I had to care about what he thought. I ran a finger through my hair and looked down at my clothes. It was a yellow tunic with a short black sweater, and black leggings underneath. My hair straight, and I put minimal make up on. I walked closer, half considering to turn around, but it was too to that as I reached him. He looked nice. His hair reflected in the small sunlight, and even his eyes stood out. Wait, what am I doing? I just complimented him…

But he does look good…

I inched closer and soon I was standing in front of him.

“Hey.” I gave a small wave. He smiled showing pearl white teeth.

“Hi.” He replied. “So do want to eat or?…”

“Sure.”

“Come on.” He smiled once more before leading me to a small diner on the boardwalk. It was ocean decorated and I couldn’t help but think back to the time I came here to the boardwalk with my father. We entered the small diner and sat down at a booth that overlooked the ocean. Sea gulls called out loudly as they flew into the distance. The beach scent came off from the nearby window. I looked at him in silence, while he did the same.

“So how are things?”

“They’re fine.” I replied softly and he nodded.

“That’s good.”

“Nice not to be in the station once in a while.” I commented, while he sighed before nodding again.

“Indeed it is.” He agreed. The waitress came to our table with an overly happy attitude and her “Peppy-ness” made me raise my eyes in surprise.

“Hi. My name is Amber, and I’ll be your waiter for today. What can I getcha to drink?” She beamed while setting down to menus. Bob looked and directed the question at me first, while trying to understand where all of Amber’s happiness came from. It like oozed out of her.

“Can I have a diet coke please?” She nodded and write it down.

“What about you sir?”

“I’ll have a regular coke.” He smiled at the waitress who happily wrote down the order and put it in her apron.

“Okay, I’ll be back shortly.” She made her way out to the kitchen, where Bob sighed.

“You can never have too much happiness.” I teased and he rolled his eyes and laughed.

“If you say Ashley.” He responded while looking down at the menu. I had already decided what I would get. The waitress had come back in record time.

“There ya go!” She beamed as she set the drinks down and got her pad out, ready to write down our order.

“And what will you be having tonight?” She asked, and once again, Bob had directed the question to me.

“I’ll have a chicken salad.” I said while handing her the menu.

“I’ll have a hamburger and fries.” He seemed to smirk at me. Of course I was the one who ordered healthy, his smirk obviously throwing it in my face.

“So what does a girl like you do on the weekends usually?” I smiled and waved my hand dramatically

“Oh you know, hit the red carpet, go to the hottest clubs, shopping, the usual.”

“I see.”

“What do you do?” I sneered.

“Oh I just take my private jet to Las Vegas, party it up in LA, and make appearances when I’m needed. No big deal.” He shrugged and I grinned.

“I read and drink hot chocolate.” I answered honestly, and he smiled.

“I play with my cat and watch The Soup.” He replied and I laughed.

“Sounds fun.”

“You don’t know the half of it.” He smirked as the food was served at the table where his burger was rather…deliciously smelling. Damn it. I stabbed my fork into the lettuce and began eat softly, while mindlessly looking out the glass window and looking out into the ocean, thinking that this wasn’t so bad after all…

Bob’s POV

I hoped she couldn’t notice me staring at her while she looked out the window. I’m not going to lie about it, she did look pretty. Her hair falling against her face and her vacant brown eyes looking out towards the sea, made wonder how often she stays this way when she’s at home or not at work. I relished the small moments like these when we weren’t getting on each other’s nerves.

It’s called love bro.

Aww, not you again.

Yes, me again.*

Go away.

Never.

We ate in a rather peaceful lighting, it definitely wasn’t like that last couple dates I went on. Those were terrible. I could cringe at the thought of it. Needless to say, I haven’t been on one in a while, much to everyone surprise. I know everyone seems to think I have a girl every day of the week, but its just not true like it used to be. I’ve changed my ways…sort of.

Blah! That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all day.

Who asked you, Mr. Who Asked You?

Aww come on, Bobby, lighten up a bit.

Whatever…

“Are you okay?” I snapped out of my thoughts, where Ashley was giving a funny look.

“Yeah. Yeah I’m fine.” I replied coolly and she smiled and went back to finishing the last of her food.

“Can I get you anything else?” Amber appeared out of nowhere, my body did the best it could to not jump from the sudden noise. I looked at Ashley and she shook her head shyly.

“Just the check please.” I replied and she gingerly nodded and walked away.

“Well that was a nice dinner.” She bellowed.

“It was. Thank you for coming.” I smiled at her. When the waitress had came back I set the money in the table, despite Ashley’s protest to paying for all of it. It was sort of funny to see her get all serious about such a small gesture. When we left the diner we stood at the edge of the boardwalk where the laughter and yells continued to form around us, and the sound of the rollercoaster going on the track only contributed to the chaos. But I was used to it…way used to it. I looked around the boardwalk where I spotted a small stand on the walk, it had a nice charm to it.

“Come with me.” I asked her and she reluctantly followed.

“Ice cream?” She smirked.

“Only the best in Jersey.” I pointed at the sign.

“I suppose.”

“What kinda ice cream, ya want?” The old man at the stand asked. His thick gray eyebrows furrowing.

“Cookie Dough.” I replied and turned to Ashley. Her eyes wandered for a bit before she answered.

“Cookies ‘N’ Cream.” She put and the old man nodded before scooping up the sweet substances and placing it on two ice cream cones. I handed her the ice cream before licking my ice cream in a frenzy.

“What?” I asked with the cream still in my mouth, noticing her stare at me. She broke into a giggle and licked her own ice cream.

“Ice cream addict much?” She asked and I shrugged.

“Hey, if the boot fits...”
~~~

3rd person POV

As Bob and Ashley walked a long the beach, with ice creams in hand, they both looked at each other while walking a long the moist sand. The boardwalk’s lights flashing around them creating a colorful sparkle in the water. The moon was just above them, shining it in all it’s glory, where several stars sprinkled the sky like salt and the both of them couldn’t deny they were having a good time being around each other, whether they would admit it or not.

“So be honest with me about something.” Bob asked Ashley who raised an eyebrow.

“About what?”

“What really happened between you and Officer Johnson.” She immediately rolled her eyes.

“Why won’t anyone let me get over it?” She mumbled.

“I’ve heard from people…”

“Okay so we had a little disagreement, and I may have made him cry…” She intervened. I laughed, much to her dismay.

“I didn’t know you had that effect on people.” I mocked. She frowned.

“I know I can be bossy and pushy sometimes.” She admitted. Bob smiled.

“Well that just makes you bossy and pushy because you’re a woman. I mean if you were a guy, you would just be a dick.” Ashley choked on her ice cream and shook her head while grinning.

“What?” He asked.

“No one’s ever called me a dick before…” She said in complete amusement…
~~~

Time Lapse

When the duo finally reached the parking lot of their cars, the faint sound of music in the distance, and the sound of waves crashing gave off a rather nice vibe. The night had come to an end, but it was a major step for the both of them, and they realized it. The look between their eyes had expressed that they both were well aware, but fine with it.

“Tonight was really fun.” Ashley said softly.

“It was.”

“Oh and can you please stop throwing Officer Johnson in my face?” She mocked.

“I just can’t get over, I’m sorry.” He began to laugh, she shook her head.

“It really wasn’t that funny.” He held his hands up in a surrender and Ashley only stared, a thing she caught herself doing a lot lately. They both hadn’t realized how close they were to each other, lips only a couple inches apart, they both involuntarily leaned in, but the disappointment filled Bob’s mind as he noticed she pulled back.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered.

“It’s fine.” He replied lowly, guilt running through her mind as she tried to make him understand.

“I wish I could explain, but I just can’t.” Her voice became raspy.

“Really it’s okay.” He put in, not wanting to make a big deal of it. He should’ve have known better anyways. But the more she pulled the away, the more he tried to pull her back. He had no idea why. When they made their way for their cars, she turned around and called to him.

“Yes?” He asked as his foot was inside the vehicle. She gave a soft smile before walking over to his side and giving him a kiss on the cheek. He didn’t take it for granted. He smiled at her in shock.

“Thank you.” Were her final words before getting into her car and waving at him. His hand touched his cheek while watching her drive away. He still felt the tingle of lips on his cheek.

He definitely wouldn’t wash that for a while….
Sign up to rate and review this story