Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Make The Moves, Aim The Spotlight

Cause darling, what did you expect

by sasukeluver 0 reviews

After everything, nothing will prepair her for what she's about to witness. An exsperience she wasn't ready for, or what everyone else wasn't ready for?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Sci-fi - Published: 2009-10-25 - Updated: 2009-10-26 - 2402 words

1Exciting
I woke up slowly and calmly. Under the covers I was warm and cold at the same time. Alex’s chest helped me remember what happened, and his arm around me helped sooth the pain that came back to me last night. I could feel dry blood that seeped through the tape over night. I looked up and noticed him looking down at me. I forgot, vampires didn’t sleep, and Alex watched me all night. I hugged him closer to me and when he mimicked me, I flinched away. My back started to throb and I was worried the smell of my blood would stir up the vampire I have yet to see in him. I quickly got up and tried to get away before it was too late, but he stopped me. He pulled me back in and hugged me. I closed my eyes, afraid to see it all happen. This was it, all because of my teenage hormones, I was going to die.

Wait, I thought to myself. That wasn’t a dream. I could feel his arms around me and all of the nerves in my body tightening. This was really happening and, for the first time with Alex, I felt afraid.

“Katie,” he whispered. He sighed and I could feel his cold breath on my shoulder. The heart beats that went to my back told me to scream, and try for help, but when I opened my mouth to speak, nothing came out but stutters. “Katie I…”

“Alex!” Kain’s booming voice made me jump and fall on the soft carpet. When I looked back up Alex already had his shirt back on and headed for the door. “Pete’s asking for you. He needs to talk about training schedule for your new… I mean Katie.” I stood up and walked over to Kain. Alex left
without a word or even a glance to me. When I was going to follow him Kain blocked the door way.

“I’m sorry sir,” I said. He held up his hand and smiled.

“It’s ok. There’s no need to apologize.”

“Really,” I asked.

“I fell in love with a vampire at your age as well.”

“Oh, sir, I’m not in love with him-“

“But I must warn you.”

“Master Kain I’m not in…” I stopped midsentence. “Warn me about what?”

“The dangers vampire love can bring about fights and wars.” He looked at me with those piercing eyes and I was surprised he was the first one to look away. He noticed my wrap covered in blood. I looked down and saw what he did and looked back up. I suddenly remembered that I didn’t know if he
was a vampire or human.

“Um, Master Kain, if you don’t mind my asking, are you human?” The question seemed harsh for some reason. He changed his posture and seemed to stand with pride, like he was proud of what he was. I then noticed his paginated eyes. I felt naïve for not noticing it, due to not used to being around vampires other then the obvious one.

“I haven’t been human for centuries.” He smiled at me and turned around to leave. I suddenly got a feeling of something I haven’t felt for anyone other then Pete; gratitude.

“Kain,” I said. He turned back around with his smile still plastered on his face. He folded his hands in front of him. I walked up to him and embraced his stone cold body in my arms. “Thank you,” I said into his black trench. He patted my back and I felt a kiss on the top of my head. “What was that for?” I asked almost crying.

“That was for trusting me enough to do this.” I backed away.

“Do what?”

“Most people don’t want to hug a vampire because of our eating, or they think we’re going to bite them or something.” I shrugged and walked back to my bed to pick up my flail.

“Well Alex was so comfortable with me that I just figured you taught him that, to be able to smell humans without losing control.” I walked back to Kain as he nodded and opened his arms again. I walked into them and took in a breath.

“You smell like Pete,” I stated. I could feel him breathe in and take in my scent.

“You smell like Ashley.” I didn’t ask, thinking it was a personal note. Knowing it would be explained later I dropped the subject and my arms. I smiled at him and he placed his arm around my shoulders, guiding me out of my room. We got to talking and at the end of the hallway I heard footsteps following us.

“Kain!” We turned around and a man with long legs was jumping towards us. “Wait, please wait,” he said. Without missing a beat he stopped and started talking to Kain in big words and long sentences. I started walking out the way we were headed and I listened to try and find someone I knew. I heard metal hitting metal, skin hitting metal, skin hitting skin, I was hearing grunts, moans, cries, I was truly inside of a training ground and everything was so loud. I noticed that the sun was still rising. It couldn’t be past nine AM. Why the hell was I up this early?

“Heads up!” My face turned towards the yelling and I swung the flail up and ducked out of the way. My quick reaction made my heart pump and my smile to widen across my face. I turned around to see that someone had thrown a knife my way, and a big knife at that. I turned back around to face the man who had thrown it at me when I saw Andy walking my way. “I’m sorry Katie, good reflexes though.” I rolled my eyes and he walked behind me to get the knife.
“Just be glad I’ve been up for a while. If I was really tired I wouldn’t be standing right now.” He nodded and started to walk back to his sparing partner. I followed him to notice that Joe was on the floor; then I saw how hard he was laughing. I took the knife from Andy and aimed it at his leg. I threw it and it landed next to his face. He screamed and almost passed out. Andy turned to me in a panic.

“Katie! What the…”

“Relax,” I said. “My aim is so bad that I know where to aim to get it where I want it.” He scoffed at me and we walked to the scared poopless man. I saw Pete and Patrick walking towards us and when we all came together we got to talking about the plains for my training.

“Okay Katie,” Pete started up. “I’ll leave it up to you who you want to train with, but my only rule, if it’s someone out side us four you should ask permission okay?”

“Okay mom.” He shot me a glance and back up to see Kain and Alex walking to us. I smiled at Alex and bit my lip. He kept his face with nothing more then a smile but I could tell he wanted to show me more then that. Only Kain saw the way I was looking at Alex and he kept everything on the down low for us. I will tell Pete when I am ready.

“Good morning everybody,” Kain spoke. He voice reminded me of the Chinese men in the movies. We all greeted him with a wave and small talk. Alex walked over to me while Pete and the others talked over my training with Kain.

“I wanted to apologize for Asentio last night.” I looked up at him and resisted the erg to kiss his soft lips. “He can read minds like no other, but when it comes to his own thoughts, he just doesn’t think things through.” I giggled softly and moved closer to him. I looked up and smiled.
“You were going to say something before you left my room this morning,” I whispered. Something I always remember about Pete is that his attention span could use some work. If he’s in deep conversation then he won’t pay attention to anything else around him. If he tries or isn’t concentrating on anything else he can hear better then any animal.

“I’ll tell you later, this isn’t the right-“

“Hey,” Pete cut him off. We snapped our heads up to him immediately and a blush almost started to cover my face, but I stopped myself. Pete lifted one eyebrow and shook it off. “Go change your straps and come back, Andy go help her.” He signaled Andy to follow me but Kain came in.

“I need all you guys to get the obstacle course ready. Alex will help her.”

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?” Patrick said. Kain smiled and looked at us.

“Seriously guys, what do you think they’re going to do? They just met.” He winked at Alex and I while I started walking towards the building. I took one step into my room and immediately Alex pulled me into his arms into an embracing hug. He stroked my hair with his cold ands and whispered a lullaby into my ear. I stepped back and looked into his eyes.

“What was with Kain?” He asked with a grin. I rolled my eyes and arched my back to try and avoid his gaze.

“We had a talk earlier when you left without saying goodbye. He knows. Well,” I stopped myself. “He knows that we slept together last night… but not SLEEP together.” I tilted my head up and thought for a minute. He laughed at me and I looked back at him with a smile across my face. He moved me slowly by picking me up and taking me to the wall. He brought my arms above my head and kissed me. When he started to get carried away I stopped him.

“Easy cowboy,” I said. “We came here to rewrap me, not repeat last night.”

“Well if we were going to repeat last night I would have been-“

“I need to get the wrap out of the bathroom and I’ll be right back okay?” He laughed at my subject changing and let me lose. I quickly walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. My face seemed pale and fragile while I reached for the wrap. As I dampened the rag I found I noticed that I couldn’t look away from my face. I was staring at nothing while the reflection looked back. I didn’t notice how black my eyes have turned due to the lack of sleep. After washing my face, removing the wrap and cleaning the dry blood of off my back and chest I noticed I had never taken my eyes of off my face. I brushed my teeth and through on a pair of jeans that waited for me on the shelf. I started wrapping my chest to cover myself and walked out. Alex was there instantly to help me. I led him back into the bathroom with my make up bag in tow. I kept my elbows up while I covered my black circles, and shaded in my eyes. Once I was done fixing my face, Alex was tucking in the last of the wrap he had tied.

We both walked out of the bungalow and I situated the wrap on my chest so it rested where it fit comfortably. We got out onto the training grounds and Pete was waving around my flail. I laughed at Alex when he mentioned how funny it would be if he were to hit himself with my weapon.

“Thanks guys,” Pete said. “Think fast!” Pete did a flip and threw the flail at us, handle first. Surprisingly I wanted to catch it. Everything was in slow motion as I pushed Alex out of the way to make sure he wouldn’t rebound it. The weapon was coming at us fast so deciding what I would do wasn’t really creative; all though, I did my best. I moved my body to the side and caught the flail. It spun rapidly due to the inertia built up and while it was still stuck out I did a no handed cart wheel over it. I landed with one knee down and the other perpendicular to my foot. My arm was over my forehead with the weapon dangling by my ear. Keeping my eyes closed I noticed that my heart stayed the same the entire five seconds of my occurrence. I heard clapping and I opened my eyes to see Pete dumb struck.

“Wow,” I turned around to see Asentio with his hands together and a smirk across his face. I swung my leg around to the other side and pushed up to help me stand. I heard Pete’s foot steps quickly meeting up with me and Asentio. Alex was no where to be found. “So the girl really can move on her own,” he joked. Pete was in front of me in an instant.

“Get away from her,” he growled.

“All though, defending and moving are completely different things.” I pushed Pete aside.

“What do you want Asentio.” I crossed my arm over my torso and held the really sharp weapon over my shoulder. I kept all my thoughts off of me and Alex last night; I can already tell that he’s the snaky guy who loves gossip.

“You know him?” Pete asked. I nodded and kept my eyes on the vampire ahead. “How?”

“I’ll explain later Pete, not now.”

“Yeah daddy, keep your thoughts to yourself if you don’t mind.” He puckered his nose and smiled. “Nice show Kate.”

“It’s Katie Ass.” I sarcastically mocked him and turned around to Pete. “Can we go?”

“Yeah, come on.” He put his arm around me and guided me to the grounds we would start.

“Reminds me of Uire.” I stopped and turned around out of Pete’s guarding hold. “You know, Brendon. Yeah he thinks about you a lot. It gets annoying really.”
Sign up to rate and review this story