Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Deliveries

Delivery 39

by Mikari 0 reviews

Delivery 39: The Power of the Mind

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Reno,Tifa Lockhart - Published: 2009-11-05 - Updated: 2009-11-05 - 703 words - Complete

0Unrated
Deliveries

Delivery 39: The Power of the Mind

Reno stared at his glass, the drink was sweet, so sweet he questioned if it had any alcohol in it at all. He glanced around the Seventh Heaven, the bar was full and the large majority of the people there, with the only exception of Tifa and himself, were drunk. Even Cloud Strife, with all the mako in his system, appeared to be drunk. The delivery was currently singing a terrible sounding duet with Cid Highwind and the rest of the drunken customers of the Seventh Heaven seemed to be enjoying it. No doubt about it, they were very drunk.

"Tifa, I'll have another of these," maybe Reno was more resistant to alcohol than he thought. The drink, though very sweet, was strong enough to even send Cloud into happy drunk land, and Cid had a lot of resistance to alcohol as well, in fact, Reno had never seen the pilot drunk before.

"Here you go," Tifa served the drink with a smile, as if she alone knew the answer to the mystery that plagued Reno, why wasn't he drunk?

Reno drained the new glass quickly, he felt no burn down his throat, no lightheadedness, no need to join Cloud and Cid turning their musical duo into a trio and no intention of telling stupid 'three soldiers walk into a bar' jokes. He was sober, he was very sober. "Tifa, another one and make it really strong."

"Sure," Tifa prepared the drink, serving it in a larger glass this time.

Reno drank it without difficulty, again he felt nothing and it was both puzzling and frustrating. "I'm still sober," he grimaced.

"Another one?" Tifa offered and Reno nodded, thus she served another drink, which he consumed with ease.

"I don't get it," Reno pouted. "I'm not drunk at all!"

Tifa still held her knowing smile. "That's the power of the mind Reno, if you don't want to get drunk and put your mind to it, no matter how much you drink, you won't get drunk. Look at Cloud and Cid, they came here determined to get drunk and they got drunk. You need to put some effort into it; the alcohol alone won't do the job if you're determined to stay sober."

Reno thought about Tifa's words. Her new sweet drink was a hit, everyone was ordering it and everyone was getting drunk on it, except Reno. He wasn't consciously trying to stay sober, but unconsciously, maybe he was. Perhaps the sweetness of the drink had brought him to underestimate it, thus firmly believing that the drink was not strong enough to make him drunk. With that conclusion came determination and his brain refused to succumb to the trance of the alcohol.

"Do you want to try again?" Without waiting for an answer, Tifa placed another tall glass of the sweet substance in front of Reno.

"Okay, I'll really put my mind to it this time," Reno focused hard as he drank slowly. He could feel it now, all those drinks catching up to him. His senses were blurring and his coordination was becoming clumsy like never before. He had never been this drunk in his life. Maybe underestimating the sweet drink was a mistake; it all finally caught up to him. "Wow, you were right, this stuff is strong! What was it called again? 'Navaja'? That means 'Razor', right? Good stuff!" Reno staggered away from the bar, off to the corner where Cloud and Cid were giving an encore, leaning on the wall and on each other to stay on their feet.

Tifa grinned in amusement as Reno joined the singing and the three dissonant men continued their concert. "It's 'Naranja'," Tifa whispered to herself; that meant 'Orange'. Cloud had mistakenly delivered a crate full of orange juice instead of alcohol, but Tifa had to serve her customers something, so she poured the juice into alcoholic looking bottles and that was all it took. To be drunk or to be sober, it was all in their heads.

End of Delivery 39

Delivery 39 was requested by Sacred3, the concept was orange juice. Disclaimer, I don't own Final Fantasy VII. Navaja (razor) and naranja (orange) are Spanish words.
Sign up to rate and review this story