Categories > Books > Cirque du Freak > Laurie Darryl

Laurie Darryl

by Lorz 0 reviews

Meet Laurie Darrly, Darren's ex-girlfriend and best friend. Find out what happens when she discovers her boyfriend didn't die, and that he's a vampire, just like her.... Rating may go up.

Category: Cirque du Freak - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Darren Shan,Mr. Tiny - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2009-11-25 - Updated: 2009-11-25 - 515 words

0Unrated

The level of pain I felt as I stared at my best friend's coffin was one I had not known existed until the moment Steve had shown up at my door. It was beautiful, yes, and usually I would have appreaciated the work behind such a masterpiece, but not today. After all, it wasn't always my best friend lying inside.

My cheeks were dry, unlike the majority of the crowd that had gathered for Darren's funeral, but I knew they would come later. I never cried in public. I was-had been the strongest of our trio. Now, Steve and I were alone. Alan and Tommy...they were our friends, but for some reason Darren, Steve and I had just...clicked.
...................................................................
I'd been the one to notice Steve's disappearence. His parents had smply assumed that he was staying at mine for a few days. They'd been speechless when I'd asked them why they would have thought that when my parents had never allowed either of the boys to stay before.

They'd barely even looked for him. The police had thrown up a few posters up but his parents had done nothing but go to the station a few times. Even then all they'd said was that they believed Darren had run away. I didn't think so.

Steve had never been able to keep a secret. If he had decided to run away - he would have told me.
.....................................................................
I screamed as the...thing...suddenly appeared in front of me. I skidded to a stop, terrified by the speed at which it had moved. It looked like a man, but no man could move that fast, or look that insane.

I felt painful pricks at my fingertips, and looked down to see that the psycho had slit the tops of them! To make matters worse, he pressed his fingertips against mine, and pain exploded throughout my body.
........................................................................................
"You must come with me!"

"I don't have to do anyhting I don't want to, jackass."

I glared at the General. His name was Casper something -or-other and he was pushy asshole. Apparently I had no choice but to travel to vampire mountain, as was customary for all new vampires. Usually, they would make the journey with their sire, but since mine had been executed as was tradition, they had sent Casper to complete it with me instead.

My "sire" had told them of my existance. He'd been insane, havng accidently fed off a snake whch is poisinous to vampires. How insane was it that a tiny snake had been the cause of my blooding?

"You do."
I sighed heavily before thinking over his words. He wanted me to go to a mountain, where would have food, blood, shelter and would be able to meet others like me. They would teach me and I would be introduced to the princes. The only downside was that I would have to travel with Casper while making a journey during which one mistake could prove fatal. Yeah, fun.

"Fine, but don't expect me to be a pushover!"

His smirk showed that he did.

...............................................................................................
Sign up to rate and review this story