Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > What we can't Ignore

2: All I ever wanted

by Trinda 1 review

Where is Delilah? More importantly, how soon can she get out of there?

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-11-30 - Updated: 2009-11-30 - 1578 words

0Unrated
____________________________________________________
Tap, tap, tap

"Go away Julius," she muttered sleepily. She didn't know what time of the morning it was, but certainly her body was telling her it was WAY too early to be up.

Tap, tap, tap

Delilah opened her eyes, surprised to not find Julius. She was surprised at this strange room, and a very green one at that, her favourite shade of it to be exact. She quickly sat up and the blood rushed away from her head making her feel slightly dizzy. It took a few moments for her brain to process why she wasn't in her academy bedroom. The bizarre encounter and kidnapping from earlier slowly came back to her in pieces. Glancing around the room she couldn't help but to feel like she'd been there before.
__________________________
Tear up the photographs, but yesterday won't let go
Every day, every day, every minute
Here comes the emptiness, just can't be lonely you know
Every day, every day, hey, hey
__________________________

Tap, tap, tap

Delilah had never felt so weak before. She figured somewhere in the range of about 3-5 tranquillizers had hit her. Judging by her body's condition right now, she figured any more could have stopped her heart completely.

Everything hurt. The metallic taste of blood filled her mouth, and never before in her life had she ever wished for a toothbrush more. Her body practically begged her to fall asleep even though her mind was screaming at her to get out.

Tap, tap, tap

A little brightly coloured bird caught eye in a cage beside the bed she was in. Her mind drew up the conclusion quickly that it had been the source of tapping which just added to the massive headache she had. It was a parakeet, like the one she had when she was little...
__________________________
This second chancin's really getting me down
You give and takin' everything I dreamed about
It's time you let me know, let me know, just let go
__________________________

"When I was little!" Delilah gasped jumping up from her bed all her pain forgotten. That's right, her bed. This, was her bedroom from before her parents disappeared, she was in the house she grew up in as a child.

She suddenly recognized everything from the pink bed sheets to the giant panda she would squeeze away her fears with at night to her fingerprint kit she had gotten on her 4th birthday. Ripping open a dresser drawer she found clothes that were way too small for her, looking like they would fit a four year old, but that wasn't what she was looking for.

Reaching to the back of the drawer she found the knob that she had gotten her dad to put there. With a trembling hand she pulled it back to reveal a very narrow compartment where she found a dust covered book.

__________________________
I'd rather walk alone, don't wanna chase you around
Every day, every day, every minute
I fall a thousand times for I let you drag me down
Every day, every day, hey, hey
__________________________

Tap, tap, tap

The bird was still hitting its beak against the metal bars, but now it no longer concerned Delilah. "My diary." she muttered dusting off the front cover of the faded blue book. She fingered the complicated lock, remembering how she had claimed that the lock it came with was too easily broken into, demonstrating herself. The next day, with a little help from her parents, she devised a new more complicated lock out of pieces of metal and clogs she found in the garage and other old weak locks to create a new more intricate and secure lock.

Tap, tap, tap

"What the hell?" Delilah cried jumping back into reality as she dropped the book like it was searing hot. Now Delilah wasn't one to usually swear, but really she was starting to fret and she felt herself being torn in two. The last thing she could remember was being shot down by a bunch of motorists in black... and then waking up here? Her hand went straight to her blackberry for any bit of info she could gather; June 5, 2006 3:30am it read giving her the time and date but beside that the signal strength showed nothing. Nadda. Zip.

Her mind reel backwards for a moment, June 5? That would have meant she must have been asleep almost 28 hours! It wasn't early morning and she had been in unknown territory asleep for a full day! This bit of information finally clicking together was just what Delilah needed to get her mind in the right mode; caution.

With one last longing look around the room, she strode to the window peering out of the curtained windows. Instead of the lush green forests she was expecting to see like she remembered from her childhood, it had been cemented over. Nothing was there now but some cold, hard and grey concrete.

A little blinking light caught the corner of her eye. Stealing a glance up in the right corner of "her" room, she saw a small, but noticeable white camera watching her every move. She faintly heard footsteps outside her room, and the pacing indicated she was being kept tabs on, but by whom?

Delilah knew she had to act quickly, surely someone had noticed she was awake now and knew something was up after she had tried looking out a non-existent window. If this was truly her room, her plan would work, and if not... well how many guys in the hall way could there be?
__________________________
Your new beginning was a perfect ending
But I keep feeling we've already been here before
It's time you let me know, let me know, just let go
__________________________

With one swift movement she busted the camera from the wall, shoved her bed towards the door and locked herself in the closet. Reaching to the back corner she pulled up a bit of rug and pried a loose floorboard up. She struggled to reach the little switch under it but managed finding it harder than it had been 11 years ago.

Quickly she slammed it all back down and watched as the wall revealed a narrow passageway to her left. Squeezing herself though the opening her breath caught as she heard the wood from her door splitting and a scurry of feet in the room. Suddenly, as the wall was closing in on itself, a flood of light entered the closet and she caught a glimpse of a henchman's silhouette before she turned and ran down the dark passage.

__________________________
Tell me with so many out there why I always turn to you?
Your goodbyes tear me down every time
And it's so easy to see that the blame is on me
__________________________

Painful memories threatened to take over her mind but she didn't have the time or energy to deal with them. Those were memories associated with her parents. She couldn't deal with that now.

It took her a good minute to just reach the end of the path, and another four to grope around in the dark to locate the lever that'd let her out. Clutching it with both hands, she pulled with the little bit of current strength she had left. Light slowly filled the escape route as Delilah pushed and pulled at the lever to manually open the thick wooden door.

The door was only a quarter of the way open when a pair of shiny black dress shoes became visible. Hastily she changed her decision and allowed the door to fall back closed and seal herself in, but not before another tranquilizer dart hit her foot.

Slumping against a wall, Delilah berated herself for getting trapped. She should have thought this through a lot better. She knew now her best option would have been to run, not hide.
__________________________
All I ever wanted, all I ever wanted
Was a simple way to get over you
All I ever wanted, all I ever wanted
Was an in between to escape this desperate scene
Where every law reveals the truth
Baby 'cause I all ever wanted, all I ever wanted was you
__________________________

Suddenly exhausted, Dee was forced to allow the painful memories of the last time she used this escape route resurface. A bit of adrenaline pulse thorugh her system as she realized her watch communicator started working. Just before she was forced into a chemical sleep, words weakly escaped her lips, “Jules- Julius! So... tired. Home, before ac- Trapped... too weak. Julius, Julius help-"
__________________________
____________________________________________________

Riiiight. So yeah. I posted this first three years ago and now I came across it while cleaning up files on my computer. I read it though and felt a need to continue the story. I have to know exactly how it plays out and ends!

So I wrote a new chapter! =] And the next one is half done! Whooh!

Plus, I really miss the show. Delilah and Julius is NEVER on anymore and I can't find it anywhere on the internet except for a few episodes here and there! Anyone have a good site or link for the shows?

Oh yeah. So I don't really expect anyone to be reading this, and especially anyone back from the golden years, but I'd still be nice if anyone reviewed letting me know they at least read this.

Also, I haven't watched ANY of the new season. So, sorry if I get things wrong. When reading this, pretend the second season hasn't happened yet =]
Sign up to rate and review this story