Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

A Deadly Illusion

by KayJay 5 reviews

A twisted one shot about a blood thirsty Juliet and Gerard as her unwilling Romeo. Bella's memory stained in blood and rain.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2009-12-07 - Updated: 2009-12-07 - 2713 words - Complete

3Ambiance
Rating: 16 (Violence, death, self harm)
Characters: Gerard, Kay (not together), OFC
Summary: The tale of a delusional, blood thirsty Juliet and her unwilling Romeo. Bella's memory stained with blood and rain.

Disclaimer: This was written a few years ago, and originally Lindsey was a character in it, as, obviously, Gerard's wife, so don't be confused if you read this before and it's different. I deliberately changed it. She will, however, be in the sequel...when I get around to touching it up. This isn't a work of hate...it was simply in my head one day, and I decided to write it out. I'm warning you right now, it's twisted, likely to get you angry, and kind of sad. And as far as the writing itself goes - well that is for you to decide - let me know, yeah?

*To clear up some confusion – this is written as if Kay is talking to Gerard, recounting “the time he missed”. Or, at least...she thinks she is. Kay has complete control in this story.

~*~


My God. My hero. My love. Finally, we're on our way. Why are you crying? This is how you wanted it. I know it is. I know how you work. I knew what you were doing all along...the thoughts behind your hurtful plans. I know you were testing me. Pondering my dedication. Weighing my worth. And, hard as it was...

I passed, didn't I?
~*~

Finally, twenty five years into your life, everything was starting to go really well for you; I was proud to call you mine. Sometimes, I could hardly believe just how truly spectacular you really were. It seemed that you got more beautiful every day. Sweeter every hour. Smarter every second. I watched you bloom and prosper, quietly from the sidelines. Delighting in your changes, as each one brought you closer to me. I waited years for you, loyal and loving. Because I knew it was what you wanted - and I could never deny you anything.
Anything.

I'm a clever person too, my love. I saw your desire the night our eyes met in Rhombus. The hot club smell of sweat and alcohol faded away as our destiny unfolded before my eyes and your sweet, tortured voice clutched at my heart. That night, the bond was born: your wink told me that you felt it, too. A tie had formed, brilliant and strong, stringing us together and sealing our fate. You were mine. And I was oh so yours.

The day I bought your album, the fruits of your hard labor and the proof of your talent, I held it in trembling hands, crying with joy. Not even the time apart could keep me from your mind. You made sure to express your love...to dedicate your work to me. "To K..." The time had meant nothing to you at all. And I knew then that if I waited, patiently and without complaint, you'd come and get me. We'd drive on to the end, together...just like you said.

The song played. The bond grew stronger.

I really hate to admit it and bring you down, but the next few years got rough, at times. Believe me, I stayed loyal through it all! Denied everybody. Ignored those who doubted the strength of our love. I fought to keep my faith alive with everyone determined to claw it out of me. And baby, you sure didn't make it easy on me. At first I thought that girl had to be some kind of sick joke. But the years rolled on, and she stayed glued to your side. It hurt, even while I knew that you didn't mean it. And just like I knew you would, when the pain got too much to bear - you took it away.
You take such good care of me.

But the struggle of it all! It really is true that you have to fight for what you believe in. So many people tried to bring me down. They were jealous, every last one of them. The last thing they wanted was my happiness. So they cut at me. "Kay, he's too old for you... you've never even really met him... you don't honestly believe...." But I stayed strong, drowning out the negativity with our song. The song you wrote just for me. I'd listen to it over and over again, never tiring of it. It kept me going. It kept me going while you were far away, expecting so much of me. You showed me strengths that I never knew that I possessed. Isn't it wonderful, we get to share them now? What a clever boy you are, planning our trip. Oh, but I'm getting ahead of myself. You need the whole story.
So…

Yes, I had strength. I did some incredible things while you had your back to me and your ear in my direction. I never thought I'd be capable of what I did to Lily. My twin, my partner in life. But with you, I wouldn't need her any more. And with somebody looking exactly like me wandering around, who knows what she could have done with you? No, I couldn't risk it. The world didn't need two of me after all. It was okay. Lily, being the paranoid girl that she is, didn't quite understand that when I was putting her to sleep. I think she got it in the end, though. I stayed with her the whole time. You would have too - it was beautiful.

Ah, and I remember so clearly now. Two months after Lily went to sleep, your next big thing broke to the surface. Your parade of death pumped through my home and kept me from chasing after you with the assurance that it was paying off - you were accomplishing so much. It's true; I was missing you more and more each day, only slightly satisfied that I'd see you in up coming concerts. But I knew that there wouldn't be much more after this. I knew that then you would come to me, mission accomplished, and take me away. I had gotten so very good at waiting. You must've been proud.

I went to every concert within reasonable distance, but I bet you knew that. You must have been able to feel me there - just like I felt you. Did you ever pause to think about how far I was going for you? But I'm sure you must have. You think about me too, right? I guess you wouldn't have known the sadness that was growing in my house. You see, my mom decided she had the authority to cut me off, telling me I had an unhealthy obsession. She took my car. She broke the CD that had held our song. She confined me to that prison that she called a home and stacked me with a list of chores to keep her kingdom running. Of course she only saw it suitable to act like a parent when it was affecting her ability to use me. Maybe, if she hadn't done that, I'd have been able to find the heart to miss her. But my heart only has room for you.

Oh, and do you know what happened next? Do you remember darling? Of course you do, you have to. It was probably the cruelest thing you've done yet. It was nearly the end of me, you know. Married...married to somebody that wasn't me! It took me weeks to accept it. I stalked every reliable website, all of them screaming the same thing at me. You had taken some runway model whore off of her catwalk, invited her into your home, your life. Bella; even her name was a lie! So you gave her your name, your company. Those things were supposed to be mine! I was destroyed. I felt betrayed, abandoned, and useless. What did I do wrong? How did I fail? When would it end? Because if you didn't want me any more, what purpose did I really have? My life was all about you!
It took me quite awhile to finally come to my senses. To realize that this was just another one of your tests - the biggest one yet. It was your signal. I had to fight for you - for real this time. I would have to come and get you and make things right. You wanted to see just how far I would go for you.


I'll show you just how much you mean to me...

All the way. That's how far, my love. Locating you wasn't difficult - I tracked your progress through the world anyway. How convenient that you were playing two towns away. You're so smart, knowing how long it would take me to see what you were doing.
And so again I waited, like I had for so, so long, outside the strange building that was holding you away from me. I knew you'd be coming outside. And I knew you'd bring her. Because you knew that I would be waiting. So I stood there, enjoying the numbing cold that seeped into my bones; loving the feel of the icy rain pounding against my skin. The whole thing was perfect. The scene would be artistic and beautiful. But that's how you planned it, isn't it? You love a good drama, don't you.

The time finally came. Before I knew it, the Italian brat was walking not three feet away from me. I hated everything about her – that ugly, flashy red hair, her fake lips and plastic nose. I despised her laugh as it ripped through the parking lot, set off by something you had said. I suppose I should be grateful that you distracted her, though. It made my job so much easier in the end.
I mean, what with the way you acted when I grabbed her and tied her to the dead streetlight. Don’t get me wrong, I love games too. But you were doing your little act for so long, it was really frustrating. Tell me now, darling, would you have helped me grab her if she’d run for it? Or would you be too worried about ruining your fun? Oh, but I can’t stay mad at you. There are better things to talk about, after all.
It was fantastic to feel her perfectly engineered body trembling under my hands. I had power over her, and it was exhilerating. And when she screamed your name, thinking you actually gave a damn…when she began to cry and plead for her life…when she saw my gun and began shrieking so much her voice cracked…it made me so happy, the pain of not having you for so long was forgotten. She was getting what she deserved. For being so stupid, for thinking she was better than me. For thinking she deserved you.
Not that she didn't have a good reason to believe, though. I mean, who could resist believing you? Even knowing you were playing, your words that night scared me...they made me second guess myself so many times. Remember what happened?

"Who are you?!" You're such a good actor, Gerard. I smiled at you, in on your little game.

"Gerard, help!" I backhanded her, snarling at her to shut up. I sounded good, huh? Did you love it? I'll use that voice with you sometime if you want - I practiced it just for you. Of course we won't get the added satisfaction of when she yelped, or me punching her. We will never again see her blood leaking from her swollen, pouty lips. But I'm okay with that. Ohh, I still remember your sighs. It was like watching a sad movie.

"Please...please," You held up your hands, suddenly playing afraid. "Don't hurt her..please..." You looked ready to cry. And really honey, I grew tired of your game. I couldn't stand playing along anymore. I had waited so long, done so much for you, and now that we were finally about to be together, all you could do was play a game, pleading for the life that had hurt me so badly? I couldn't resist snapping at you.

"Why?!"

And all the things we put each other through...

"Because she's pregnant, dammit!" And it hurt. No, it killed. That fucking cut me to the core. You could have said so many different things, and I would have understood what you wanted. There was no need to be so hurtful. I swayed, dizzy from the flood of thoughts and images exploding in my head. You slept with her. And now your baby was growing inside of the dirty slut. Did you think I'd need more incentive to fufill your wishes? You shouldn't doubt me. I looked at the witch and scowled, disgusted.

Her eyes were on my right hand, as if watching my gun would keep me from aiming it at her empty had and blowing it open. Stupid whore. I bet she thought that the gun was why you stayed back. Why you didn't 'save' her. What, did the little darlin think that you were worried I'd shoot her if you moved? Please. I turned back to you, searching for the answer in your face. But you were having too much fun acting.

"Are you sure?" Bella sobbed, but there was no way she knew what I was really asking you. How could she know what your actions really said to me? You nodded and I looked down. I should have known this the second I had heard of the marriage. Why would you test my dedication by wanting me to kill Bella? It would have been obvious that I would pass. Afterall, I'd killed my own mother. Even my twin. Ridding the world of this useless slut... that was no test. You planned on letting Bella live. I guess she didn't deserve to die.

Like a bed of roses, there's a dozen reasons in this gun...

So as I gathered my strength, focusing on our love, I wondered about where we'd go. You loved me so much, that I knew it must be a hell of a lot better than this disgusting place. Maybe it'd be just the two of us, in our own special world. I was kind of sad that I wouldn't see Lily again, but she'd understand. I met your eyes and stepped forward, pressing our lips together. Three, four, five seconds, and I was ready. Two steps back.

"Turn around." And you did. I bet she thought it was out of fear for her safety. As if. "I love you." My whisper was absorbed by the gun shot, and my heart flared with anger at her scream. I stepped aside so she could watch the beauty of your death - your precious blood spreading across the street in a puddle mixed with the rain.

And in this pool of blood...

A few minutes of waiting and I stepped forward, grabbing your heavy limbs and dragging you to my new car. Coming back, I glared at Bella and stood not even an inch from her face as I spoke. "If you even think about trying to escape, I'll gut that baby right out of you and leave you to mourn them both." She closed her eyes and let her tears run while I removed her from the pole, quickly resecuring the chains. I forced her to my car, eager to end this.

And as we're falling down...

I left her chained in the passenger seat half an hour later. I stood at the edge of the cliff with your body propped against mine, examining the drop of the cliff as we were attacked by the harsh winds and sharp, cold rain. I smiled and kissed your cold lips again, before placing the barrel at my temple. "I'm coming..."

I wonder where we'll go?
My last thought echoed as the gunshot sounded.

Don't you remember?

~*~
Alright, there it is. Please, let me hear what you thought of it - good and bad!
And if you liked it, the first chapter of it's continuation is posted...you should go check it out.
Sign up to rate and review this story