Categories > Original > Romance

Just Best Friends

by lolly-pop-kid 2 reviews

Jaime and Adam have been best friends for years. But can a girl and a guy attracted to each other be just friends?? let me know what you think about the story

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-12-08 - Updated: 2009-12-09 - 448 words

1Original
“Hey darlin’!” Jaime looked up to the shout that had grabbed her attention and smiled, her best friend Adam Holland had just walked into the coffee shop where she worked.
“Hi! How’re you?” she asked him just as he reached the counter and leaned over to kiss her cheek.
“I’m just peachy,” Adam pulled a face, “It’s Monday morning, I’ve got a sales meeting in 20 and you cancelled our date yesterday.”
“Oh come on Adam,” Jaime leaned her elbows on the counter and rested her chin on her hands, “You know how it is sometimes with me working here and studying at uni. Yesterday you were just slightly lower on my list of priorities.”
Adam shot her a look of mock horror, “I can’t believe you just said that! You know your always number one in my life; maybe I’d better re-think my priorities.”
“Yeah right!” She turned away to make his favourite coffee, “I’m number one between whichever girls you’re seeing this week. Any new one’s at the moment by the way?”
“You cause me physical pain by doubting me JayJay!” She shot him a dirty look when he used his pet name for her, “But yes there is. Her name is Ella and she’s cute and brunette.”
“Oooh so you’re taking a break from the blondes then?” Jaime took him his coffee.
“Of course not! I’m seeing Jenny tonight.”
Jaime rolled her eyes at him, “You’re such a slut!”
“I know! Isn’t it great?” Adam said, flashing the grin she loved. Jaime stuck her tongue out at him, “So any lectures today?” Adam asked about her history degree.
“Yeah, the early shift here till 11 then a lecture at 12. I should be done by 3 o’clock with the hour I need in the library. What time you finishing today?”
“I’ll probably be done by about the same time. How about I pick you up and we’ll go for a late lunch? Just think how much street cred you’ll get when a really hot up-and-coming advertisement agent picks you up from school in his brand new Audi, eh?”
“Street cred?” Jaime leant over and flicked him on the arm, “So you just want to pick me up so you can get perved on by all girls? Does your ego actually need a boost like that?”
“Yep, everyday. So 3 o’clock then, the usual spot?”
“Yeah that’s cool,” Adam jumped forwards on to the counter and smacked a kiss on her cheek, “Enjoy school!”
“Enjoy the meeting!”
A grunt was Jaime’s only reply as Adam went out onto the street.
Sign up to rate and review this story