Categories > Cartoons > Fairly OddParents > Any Way for Payback?

Chapter 13: Déjà vu

by unknown20troper 0 reviews

Timmy has deja vu.

Category: Fairly OddParents - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Norm,Timmy Turner - Published: 2009-12-12 - Updated: 2009-12-12 - 1410 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don’t own Fairly Odd Parents.

Author’s Note: Concrit welcomed, particularly on characterization, though it can be on anything else that I’m doing wrong. Norm and Timmy will not fall in love immediately. If either of them doesn’t like the pairing, that is just an attempt to keep them in character. They both will probably like the pairing by the end of the fanfic. Thanks for all the wonderful reviews!

Chapter 13: Déjà vu

Tim opened his eyes, and got out of bed. He opened his dresser to choose his clothes, and was surprised, since most of them were now pink, green and purple. The pink wasn’t a surprise, though the shade was, since he favored a redder shade and never was given shades this feminine.

The green was neon-bright, and Tim did not recall getting any clothing of that color, though he had ever took enough interest in clothing to care about the exact qualities of the clothes he got. Maybe he had got neon-bright green clothes, and forgot about them, simply because clothes did not matter much to him.

The purple was a light, mild color, reminding him of baby clothes, as well as causing weird déjà vu. Weird, since the purple was familiar, but yet not remembered at all. Déjà vu was the closest term, but even it didn’t fit. The purple was just … familiar. Just like the last two colors, he did not remember ever getting them.

After shifting through hundreds of feminine pink, mild purple and neon-bright green clothes, Tim finally found clothes that were his colors. However, most of them resembled what he wore in his youth, and he rejected them for being too juvenile for someone his age and not being cool enough.

Norm was enjoying this immensely though, and Tim glared at him. Just because Norm liked him better naked didn’t mean that his school would. He wondered if Norm had GONGed the new clothes up, though he reflected the clothing in his dresser wasn’t the genie’s style at all.

GONG!

Tim sighed in relief, since Norm had decided to magic up some clothes for him. Norm had decided not to care about popularity this time, and gave Tim an outfit similar to his, which was cool, but not in a twenty-first century way, just like the genie himself. He concluded that Norm had not GONGed up the clothes in his dresser.

He was at school in another GONG, and wondered if it was trying to promote being green, since all the walls were papered with posters the same color as the neon-bright green clothes in his dresser.

Tim went to his next class, and was surprised to find that his pencils were the same colors as the clothes in his dresser. He did not recall having pencils those colors the previous time he went to school, but since he never really looked at his pencils, he could have had them, but not noticed.

The teacher gave him the assignment, and Tim chose to use the neon-bright green pencil, since it looked the least girly. He wondered if Norm had gave him the new pencils, since as far as he knew, Norm was the only one around that would want to and be able to. Then, his ridiculously small attention span kicked in, causing him to stop pondering his pencils. It wasn’t as though they mattered, right?

Exactly, they didn’t, though it was peculiar that they were the same color as the clothes in his dresser, and just like the clothes, he had no prior memories of them. Weird, but he didn’t care.

Tim continued seeing those colors as the school day progressed, and began to feel a weird combination of curious and annoyed. Was it Neon-Bright Green, Feminine Pink and Mild Light Purple Day? Did Dimmsdale High change its colors? Did the Dimmsdale Dodos change their colors? Was he going colorblind?

He was relieved when school finished, for obvious reasons. He decided to go to the comic store since a new Crimson Chin was out, and he recalled seeing a comic that Norm would like the last time he went in.

When Tim saw the poster on the comic store’s window, he wasn’t sure whether to mentally freak about his brain being broken by the impossibility or be absolutely mortified.

The poster was for a new Naked Lad comic and a movie about him that would come out next year. Both the comic and the movie were x-rated, since they pulled no punches as far as what Naked Lad did while nude went, and it said so on the poster. No, that wasn’t the shocking part.

The picture on the poster, which was supposed to be Naked Lad, looked exactly like his younger self nude. He wondered how they had managed to find a boy that looked exactly like him, or if this was really child porn of him.

He threw up in a nearby dumpster when the second possibility occurred to him. He had no desire for millions of people to see his younger self naked. Norm seeing his current self naked was awesome, but that didn’t mean that everyone else had to see his younger self naked. He so didn’t want that.

He considered tearing down the poster, but didn’t, since he doubted he could explain why he did so. Honestly, who’d believe him? Who’d want to?

He shifted his attention to a Cleft poster, and locked his attention on it as he walked into the store. Cleft looked a lot like his young self as well, but at least he wasn’t nude.

He picked out the comics, trying not to look at anything else, and bought them, paying unusual attention to the counter. He did not want to see any more Naked Lad pictures, ever again.

He sighed in relief when the comics were fully bought, and hurried out of the store. He walked home as quickly as he could, trying to ignore all the déjà vu causing, ridiculously common colors, though it was hard. Why did the colors cause déjà vu? Was Naked Lad child porn of his younger self? Why did he barely remember the last eight years?

He knew exactly how to answer all those questions.

“Norm!”

The genie appeared beside him, in the living room. He was wearing clothes again, which dismayed Tim immensely. However, Tim was sure that the genie would remove them if he asked him to.

“Uh, Norm,” continued Tim. “I wish I had three more wishes.”

The genie muttered something under his breath, which Tim didn’t catch.

GONG!

“I wish I remembered every memory I lost or forgot!”

GONG!

Images flashed by in Tim’s head, just like movies. First came his babyhood, since no one ever remembers babyhood. Next came some experiences that he had considered too traumatic to remember at the time, but didn’t care about now, and a few memories that he had deemed unimportant, and forgotten.

Once all that was over with, his memories began to become interesting. Apparently, ever since he was nine or ten, he had fairy godparents, who he was doomed to lose at the age of eighteen, along with his memories. He had learned that while chasing his babysitter, Vicky, through TV channels to prevent her from ruling the world. According to his memories, she was one of his many enemies.

Memories passed by, some of them more exciting than others, but all of them were exciting, shocking and new anyway. He hadn’t had a life-changing revelation yet, though since many memories were coming his way, he felt sure one would come eventually. Just as he thought that, one did.

He saw Norm throw his lamp at his fairies, after granting his three wishes. Once again, he felt the despair that his younger self felt, since now he had his memories back, his feelings about his fairies were back to, though it had took longer for them to come.

He loved his fairies platonically with the white heat of a thousand suns, and Norm…

Norm was evil, heartless. How could he have ever thought that the genie loved him? It was probably all a trick, to get revenge or free kisses, dates and shags! If only he had known sooner…

“You tricked me!”
Sign up to rate and review this story