Categories > Games > World of Warcraft > A Death Knight's Tale

The Two Orcs

by crazieanimefan1 0 reviews

She was the Lich King's favorite. Now a student of Thrall, she must discover the truth behind her creation and stand up in war.

Category: World of Warcraft - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [R] [?] - Published: 2010-01-07 - Updated: 2010-01-08 - 676 words

1Exciting
A/N: I don't own World of Warcraft, Blizzard does. However, this is my first fanfic for a game and I hope I can do this right...so please don't judge me too harshly. I also only own my OCs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cold...the world felt so cold.

As cold as ice or snow.

Or even death.

She couldn't remember how or why. All she knew was she had seen the Lich King himself, appearing to her. She was in her darkest hour, one of the undead Scourge, managing to bite her, but she threw him off, using the gift of light she held dear to her. She had become half of that Scourge, which was a vampire, and half human. There was no way the Alliance would want her back.

Even if she knew that was where she was from.

She slowly sat up from her cot, the darkness around the room as she rubbed her eyes. She could hear voices outside her wooden door as it opened, revealing a pale beam of light entering the room to show a simple bed, dresser, and night stand, with a ceramic pitcher and bowl nearby to wash her face. There was a chamber pot nearby as well. Yet the person standing at the door, was neither human nor any creature that was ever known.

It was an orc.

He was tall, muscular, as were all male orcs. Blue eyes met her own, instead of red eyes as she had known the lore to be. He wore armor that looked rusted and old, but still very strong and had a large hammer on his back, nearly as tall as she was. His black hair was long, two plats on either side of his face, and he had body piercings on his face. He entered the room followed by an older shaman, also an orc. Yet his companion was blind, and wisps of white hair came from underneath his hooded cloak. So there was a big age difference, she noticed that right off hand.

"She's awake," the elder shaman said. "So she did survive after all." "Arthas probably has no idea of her survival," the younger orc said as he sat down in a nearby chair. "If he did, he'd send an attack on our fair city now." He turned and looked at the girl as he handed her a skin of water since she seemed thirsty. "Yet what of the monster within her?" the shaman asked. "Master Drek'Thar, you clearly see it is well managed," the young orc said.

Drek'Thar sighed and nodded as he sat down. "Then she'll need training for that as well," he said. The young woman finished her refreshing drink and looked at the two questionably. "Oh, how thoughtless," the orc said chuckling. "My name is Thrall. I'm the warchief of the Horde. And this is Drek'Thar, my mentor and teacher. He found you unconscious outside Alterac Valley." He looked at her. "Which is unusual for a death knight, seeing they're asked to come to me here in Orgrimmar."

The girl looked at the two. So it was the Horde who found her. She was thrown away from Arthas's grasp, going from being one of his pride and joys as a death knight, to this. She did remember that much, and remembered that she realized how she was being used in the end, after seeing such a slaughter suddenly at Light's Hope Chapel. Thrall noticed she was deep in thought and looked seeing an insignia belonging to the Knights of the Ebon Blade. By the looks of it, she had been high ranking in the death knights as well. "What is your name?" he asked as she looked up at him. "It's Kali, sir," she whispered. "Or Kalista, Kali is a nickname." He nodded his massive head. "Could you tell us, young one, your story?" he asked. Kali looked at him and the elder man as she nodded. "Yes, but get ready for a long tale," she said as the two orcs sat down to listen.
Sign up to rate and review this story