Categories > Original > Horror

Left With Alibis And Lying Eyes

by Projectmatt 1 review

A story where as the lyrics to the song progress, so does the story. The lyrics are in italics. All copyright for the lyrics goes to Emery. The story is my work.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-01-10 - Updated: 2010-01-10 - 1211 words

0Unrated
Watching someone stop breathing.
Feel the arms and palms releasing.
The color, the smell of the skin,
All of this with your finger prints.


Terror is the only thing that filled my mind. Complete and utter terror. I watch him slowly die, and I knew that the image of his innocent, dying eyes would forever be burned into my brain.
Revenge. It's all I wanted. I knew I hated him, and I knew I was filled with anger, but have I really gone this far? No, no, I'll be fine,

And there isn't a thing that they can do.

Your words echo in my mind as I quickly run to the car, open the door and get in. I turn the key and begin to drive away, but I can't help but keep looking back at the dead body lying in the front lawn. He was a bully, it was all worth it. My friend wouldn't lie, right? Nothing can go wrong..

Suddenly, as soon as I start driving, a loud and obnoxious sound screeches through my ears, and sends fear down my very core.
Police sirens.
You, however, try to remain un-afraid, but I can see that look right on your face. I know that you are terrified.
Stricken with fear, you scream:

Drive drive drive drive,
I don't want to get caught!
We'll say, we'll say we're innocent.
And there is enough to prove we're not.
They will believe anything.
I'm packing all my clothes and never going to go home again.
There isn't one thing we forgot.
You'll see, we'll get away with this.


"Just believe me!"
I scream as you drive the car. If only I had the front seat, then I could show you how to get it done.
You make a swift turn and drive through a narrow corner. I fear that we are at a dead end, but you keep on driving and the never fading road assures me that we will be alright.
You look very nervous, but surely you won't turn on me. This is what you wanted: Revenge.
I let out a sigh of relief as we pull into your driveway.


My jeans, your shoes, we'll throw away everything we have used.

I say to you in a calm voice as I toss any items we have used in the barrel and set it to fire. The smoke starts to rise, and I know that I can never go back. This was the right thing to do, though. I helped a friend. I planned a murder, but just to help him. I shouldn't take any of the punishment..
I bump into you by accident, and see that your face is completely red. I can tell that you have been crying. I wish I could say words to reassure you that would be OK, but I refrain from speaking and go back to burning.
I have no comforting words.

But there's still your worried mouth
To match your worried eyes.
The only two things left to find.


I apologize for bumping into you, and try to hide my face so you can't tell I was crying. I didn't want you to think I was a wimp, because wimps never survive. Sure, we've erased all the evidence, but the only thing I haven't found is your concern. Your worries. You seemed fearful in the car, but now you seem fearless. Hath you no worry of the consequences that could befall my horrible action?


There's no compromise.
So remember this.
Your hands are lies.
It's too late for if's.

I began to panic as the oh-so familiar and terrifying sound of police sirens surround our home.
We forgot something.
We've been found out.
My heart seemed to skip a beat, and my head was spinning. I commited the crime, I would be forever punished.
I had gone to the same level the scum that bullied me had gone. I had become a monster.
But no! It wasn't all my fault. He took part in this. He led me to do it. He, the person that was supposed to be my friend, had convinced me to commit a murder. I was terrified. Absolutely numb with fear.
Suddenly, reality comes back to me as I hear a man yelling angrily from a megaphone. The police officer was warning us that we had thirty seconds to come out and confess, but as you grabbed me by the neck and dragged me inside, I knew you weren't giving up.

We'll go home and close the door,
then pull the sheets up to our heads and sleep.

You pull the sheets over my face and I do my best to seem unnoticeable. But we both knew that we were going to be found out. It was at the moment, as you gave me a frightened look, showing emotion for the first time, you were nothing better then me.

We were nothing more then vengeful teenagers filled with nothing but a thirst for revenge.



Oh, the weight is so much, my heart is hollow with this foolish thing I've done..


As the realization hit me, I become even more frightened. What was once a deep fear was now an undesirable terrifying sensation. There was absolutely no way out.
With uncontrollable shaky hands, I uncovered myself and run down stairs, where the police were trying to burst into our door.

As the tear drops flew from my eyes, I stood at the door.
While rethinking my decision to confess, I hear footsteps coming from behind me.
The footsteps of the person who has deceived me.
The footsteps of my former friend and now enemy.
I don't bother looking at you and I quickly open the doorknob and jump out the door, landing to my knees.
In the distance, I can hear you. "NO!" You scream, through a half whimper and half desperate yelp of terror.


Handcuffs are put around me, as I am thrown into the backseat of a police car. I never thought I would go this far. As the car slowly drives away, and heads towards the unknown, I look out the window and I can barely see you. But I know that you were running. And I know that they had you in their sights. But why weren't they chasing you? Why weren't they-
And then I see the pistol in the officer's hand. He whips it out, aims and pulls the trigger.
You collapse on the ground and I see you reaching for me. I press my face against the glass and a stream falls from my eyes. I can't help you any longer.
There's nothing I can do.

And there isn't a thing that they can do.

For the last time, your words echo through my mind as I stare with my eyes wide open, looking at your barely alive corpse. A pain that I've never felt before strikes through me.
Hesitantly, I turn my eyes away and look at the officer in the front seat. He gives me a dirty glance, and I keep my eyes straight on the road. The road that could very well lead to my death. The road where I don't know what's ahead.

And I'm willing to accept it.
Sign up to rate and review this story