Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

He's Slightly Clever To Just A Certain Extent

by misguidedghost-x 0 reviews

all Ryan Ross wanted to do was propose, so how was it that he ended up putting his girlfriend in hospital instead?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2010-01-14 - Updated: 2010-01-14 - 1836 words - Complete

0Unrated
He’s slightly clever to just a certain extent.


"Good morning Lauren...I know it's only been 3 days, but it has been the longest 3 days of my life. I can't think straight, I can hardly eat, drink and sleep. I'm tearing apart at the seams. You are my rock, my sunshine, my rose petal and my beating heart. It feels as if, when that car hit you, it actually took away half my heart. Looking past this sadness, I'm glad it is you who has it, I wouldn’t trust it with anybody else. You are the one for me Lauren, I...I was going to ask you to marry me that day, that is why I asked you to meet me at our favourite ice cream place. I can only blame myself for this. So please, just please wake up soon, just so I can see the beautiful eyes that are mine."


Ryan Ross sighed for what seemed like the hundredth time that day. He uncrossed his tall, slim legs and let go of Lauren's hand, not before kissing it lightly though. His legs were a little numb from sitting so long, so he hobbled out the room and along the corridor until he found the main desk for the ward.

"Hello love" The lady behind it said warmly. Ryan had only been here for 3 days but he had made so many trips to this desk that she was starting to get fond of him.

"Hey Rosie, any news?" Ryan mumbled, looking at his pale hands. Rosie stood up from her swivel chair, walked around the desk and took Ryan in her cuddly arms. Ryan froze for a second, until he leant against her for support and wrapped his arms around her, sobbing lightly into her shoulder.

"Oh dear, dear dear Ryan, we have no news yet. She is showing no signs of awakening, but there are also no signs of disruption. It's entirely up to Lauren now, we just have to sit around and wait and pray" Rosie said softly, rubbing Ryan’s back to comfort him.

"But I miss her so much" He choked out. Rosie extended her arms to take a good look at Ryan. He was a mess. 3 days and he was looking thinner, his face hollow and bear with the exception of red, watery eyes. She tutted.

"Come on, come with me...Beth mind the desk for a while please" Rosie said, Beth obviously agreed because the next second, Ryan was being half dragged toward the hospitals canteen.


A cup of coffee was pushed into Ryan's shaking hands.

"Drink up love, it will give you a little more energy" Rosie encouraged. Ryan slowly lifted the steaming cup to his lips and took a long sip. He felt warmth cover his body and did in fact feel a little better already.

"Now...what are you going to do?" Rosie asked, hands clutched around her own coffee. Ryan glanced around the canteen, sick people and healthy people, all going about their lives while his girlfriend of 3 and a half years was deep in a coma. He sighed yet again.

"I really don’t know. What can I do, except wait for her to wake up...if she wakes up" Ryan bit his lip. Rosie nudged him.

"Don't talk like that honey" She said.

"I was going to ask her to marry me, I asked her to meet me at our favourite place to get ice-cream, I wanted it to be so special for her, that's when she got hit, on the way" Ryan gulped some more coffee shakily. Rosie put a comforting hand on Ryan's shoulder.

"Don't blame yourself for this Ryan, this is no one’s fault, it was a freak accident."

"Then why am I feeling as if it’s entirely my fault. If I chose a different day, a different place she wouldn’t of got hit" Ryan sighed, looking into his coffee cup.

"Ryan you have got to stop this. Okay it has been three days, but stop being so pessimistic, for all we know, she could be awake right now" Rosie said. Ryan glanced up at her. She saw the look in his eyes and her own eyes softened.

"Ryan..."

"Excuse me Rosie" He said, quickly downing his drink, placing it on the table and running back to Laurens room. He shoved open the door with a huge smile on his face, waiting to greet his lover.

"Her heartbeats dropped considerably, we need help...NOW, go go go" A doctor said, checking a clip board and shouting orders. Ryan’s smile dropped as he tried to take it in.

"What's happening?" He asked anyone.

"Please sir, you have to leave the room now..." A doctor said, pushing him back slightly, but Ryan stayed routed.

"No, I’m not leaving! That's my girlfriend! What's happening?!" Ryan shouted, trying to push forwards, trying to view Lauren, but she was surrounded by Doctors and nurses. The doctor speaking to Ryan gave a final shove and Ryan was outside the door. The door slammed in his face and the blinds pulled down.

"No...NO" Ryan shouted, clutching his head in agony and wheeling around on the spot, trying to make sense of what was happening.

"Ryan?" A voice said. Ryan looked up hopefully, but it was just Rosie shuffling along the corridor.

"Rosie what's happening, they wouldn’t tell me" Ryan muttered, sitting down in a chair and putting his head into his hands. Rosie couldn’t bear seeing such a lovely boy in so much pain. She sat next to him and wrapped her arms around him, slowly rocking him backwards and fourth. And Ryan didn’t care he was being babied. He just needed that extra bit of care whilst his world collapsed around him.



PART 2


Lauren was still alive, she knew that at least. She could feel her heart beat and her slow breathing. She could also feel the bed sheets she was lying on, and the soft pressure on her right hand. She could only guess someone was holding it. But she couldn’t figure who. She couldn’t figure out much right now. Hopefully, if she ever woke up, she would start remembering things. As of now, she couldn’t remember anything, as far as Lauren knew, she had no family, no house, no pets, no friends, no boyfriend, no girlfriend, (she couldn’t remember if she was straight or gay). Her mind was a total blank on her personal life. One thing did stick in her mind though, two things actually. The soft, delicate voice of a man, and a loud collision, mixed with a flash of light.
She'd rather not remember these things, as she was clearly missing out on something.
How long had she been there, years it seemed for her. If she could sigh, she would do, but she couldn’t move anything on her body.

Often she would hear other people mumbling, talking about her, but the voices didn’t stick. Only this strange man she kept hearing. Sometimes Lauren would hear him sobbing quietly. Sometimes it was quite loudly. Sometimes he would tell her things then laugh about it. They were obviously memories they once shared, and Lauren really wished she could remember them as they did sound funny. She wished she could remember who this man was, it was clear they were acquaintances of somewhat.


Lauren had a hint of who he was though, judging by what he had said earlier. Was it earlier? It may have been a couple of days ago, Lauren had lost track of time.


"Good morning Lauren...I know it's only been 3 days, but it has been the longest 3 days of my life. I can't think straight, I can hardly eat, drink and sleep. I'm tearing apart at the seams. You are my rock, my sunshine, my rose petal and my beating heart. It feels as if, when that car hit you, it actually took away half my heart. Looking past this sadness, I'm glad it is you who has it; I wouldn’t trust it with anybody else. You are the one for me Lauren, I...I was going to ask you to marry me that day, that is why I asked you to meet me at our favourite ice cream place. I can only blame myself for this. So please, just please wake up soon, just so I can see the beautiful eyes that are mine."


Such beautiful words in a way. Nothing to special, but clearly getting the point across. He was obviously a lyricist. The way his words flowed smoothly. He was going to ask her to marry him? So she was straight and she had a boyfriend...an almost fiancée. And he blamed himself for what happened.
This man had given her many things to think over; also it gave her some sort of idea of how she got here. Lauren could quite get to like this guy, which only gave her more hope of awakening.

But fate works in funny ways.
Sometimes it’s good to you, it gives you a reason to live and it gives you happiness and hope. It comes in the form of a guardian angel, who guides you through life and love.
Sometimes it’s a bitch; it screws you around and takes the lives of the innocent. This comes in the form of the devil. Who likes to bring pain on everything that isn’t itself.


As Lauren felt a surge of hope, she also felt her heart beat drop suddenly. She could hear loud talking around her, men and women both shouting to each other, often calling for help.
Then her guardian angel came. She knew this because she could hear his soft voice.

"What's happening?" He asked.

"Please sir, you have to leave the room now..." Another man said.

"No, I’m not leaving! That's my girlfriend! What's happening?!" The angel cried, begging to know what was happening, to make sure Lauren was okay. So sweet of him...

"No...NO" He shouted again. Though Lauren knew next to nothing about this man, she couldn’t bear his pain, it stung her and all she wanted to do was tell everyone to be quiet so she could comfort the angel in some way, as he has comforted her since she got to where she was.

She was finding it a struggle to keep her thoughts now. It was like a giant siv, all her thoughts and her little memory was rapidly slipping through the tiny holes. She stretched in her mind to grab onto them but the harder she stretched the further away they were getting. Out of reach. The devil.
Falling through the gaps, such a representation of her life. If her angel knew better, he would leave this place and find a new person to make him happy. But he's only slightly clever to just a certain extent.
Sign up to rate and review this story