Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

We're Not Not Okay

by mcr_girl_13 4 reviews

Got the idea from the earthquake in Haiti. Earthquake hits L.A. .... not too sure for this summary haha One-Shot (probably)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-01-27 - Updated: 2010-01-29 - 1641 words - Complete

0Unrated
“How much more work could you guys still have on that album?” Lindsey laughed as Gerard finished getting ready to head to the studios to meet with the guys.
Gerard poured himself a second cup of coffee and rubbed his eyes. “Not a whole lot. Just final bits and the album name and a few song titles.”
Bandit sat across from him at the table, downing every spoonful of food Lindsey fed her. She kept clapping over nothing, causing Gerard to smile. After finishing his second cup, Gee got a text from Mikey asking if he left yet. Gerard ignored it and started to get his things.
Gerard grabbed his keys off the counter. “Why don’t you walk or somethin’? Help the globe… lose a few pounds?” Lindsey joked. Gerard stuck his tongue out at her. “What? It’s only a mile or two away.” She laughed.
“’Cuz I need to hurry and get there. Everyone else left a while ago.”
He kissed Lindsey and she stood to hug him. “Hurry back,” she smiled. Gerard smiled back. “I will.” He picked up Bandit and gave her a kiss on the head and cheek. He smiled wider when she laughed. “I’ll be back later. Be good, B.” He gave both girls one final kiss on the cheek before he walked out the door.

********************************

As Gerard walked into the studio and saw the guys, they all said hi and got to work. They were going over the final production and were all super excited. “This is gonna be our best yet!” Frank yelled once they listened to the final track. Everyone nodded. “Let’s just hope the fans think so, too.” Gerard said.
They were all walking to go get lunch when out of nowhere everything started shaking. “What the fuck?!” screamed Mikey.
They all then realized there was an earthquake and they had to get somewhere else and fast. They all ran out the emergency exit and saw others standing out there as well. As hard as it was, everyone tried to stand. They knew some pretty big damage was being done somewhere. Then Gerard thought of Bandit and Lindsey. He started to panic. What were they doing? Did they get outside? The shaking had stopped, but Gerard hadn’t. He was petrified. What if something happened to them?
He turned to the guys. “I have to go...” was all he said before taking off. He heard the guys calling after him, but he didn’t care. He needed to see where his girls were. He got his phone out as he ran. He got his phone out but it wouldn’t do anything. The phone tower must’ve had something happen to it. He started running faster. He was already tired and out of breath but he needed to get back there.
He turned the corner to his road and stopped. There were so many people outside their houses and crying. He saw some houses almost perfectly fine but some totally damaged from a tree that fell or a telephone pole or because of the earthquake itself. He was at the opposite end of the road from his house. He started running again. He couldn’t see his house from here and needed to get there.
As he got closer, he started calling Lindsey’s name. People turned to look at him, but he paid no attention to them. He saw Lindsey holding Bandit as tight as she could with tears running down here face as she held on to her daughter tightly. Bandit was crying to, and seeing them both like that Gerard ran harder until he reached them. “Lindsey,” Gerard whispered. She looked up at him and wrapped an arm around him. She sobbed harder. “Gee, our house,” was all she said before turning her head towards it. The tree that had once been standing next to their house was now right where their living room was. Looking all around and seeing the houses, the tears, the people, and his family caused Gerard to let tears go, too. He took Bandit and held her against his hip and wrapped his other arm fully around Lindsey.
“It’s going to be okay,” he repeated over and over again. Even though he knew it wasn’t. Police officers and firefighters started arriving trying to find people still in half torn down houses and to stop fires that had started in some places. Gerard looked around, seeing neighbors crying and telling officers that someone was still inside. Gerard’s heart was hurting even more now, and just wanted things to be okay. An officer came over and asked if they were okay. Gerard said he was, and asked how much had been affected by this. The officer said it was almost a 7.0 earthquake and did plenty of damage in L.A. and smaller cities around it. After that, he walked away.
Gerard lifted Lindsey’s head. “Should we go see if Mikey’s okay?” He and Alicia only lived farther outside of the city where less damage was done, so Lindsey nodded and the three went to go there.

********************************

They were relieved to see Alicia talking to a neighbor, their house still mostly the same. As soon as Alicia saw them walking towards her, she ran to them and asked if they were okay. “We’re fine, but our house isn’t.” Lindsey sniffled. Gerard wrapped his arm around her tighter.
“I’ve been so worried. I can’t believe we actually had an earthquake. Gerard, was Mikey okay?” Alicia asked. She was shaken but glad to see they were okay. But she still hadn’t known about Mikey.
“He’s fine. All the guys were fine. I kinda ran home once the earthquake happened so…” Gerard explained. Lindsey was still crying and Bandit had reduced to sniffling. But they had every reason to. They all stood there waiting to see what would happen next. They wouldn’t go inside incase of an aftershock. So the four of them sat and waited.

********************************

What seemed to be a few hours later, Mikey came walking up the road. When he reached them, he wrapped his arms around Alicia as silent tears ran down his face. As those two sat there holding onto each other, Lindsey asked Gerard, “Where are we going to stay?” Truthfully, Gerard didn’t know. But thankfully, a second after Lindsey said it, Alicia lifted her head. “As soon as they say there won’t be any aftershocks, we can all go in and you can stay with us. I don’t know how the hell our house is still standing and mostly okay, but it is.”
It started getting cooler and darker outside, and as it did, an officer came down the road, most of these houses had survived, due to the fact the houses were sturdier and there were fewer things that could have hurt the house and farther from the center of the earthquake. The officer had made her way towards them, asking if everything was okay. They nodded yes, asking if they could go back inside. She sighed. “You can, but there are still small risks of an aftershock. Nothing to possible, but still.” Mikey nodded. “Thanks.” The officer started off on her way again and Mikey turned to the others. “Should we go back in?” The others looked at one another, and Gerard stood and nodded. He grabbed Lindsey’s hand to help her stand. Alicia now had Bandit, who was asleep. They all walked inside, seeing things all over the floor. “Where’s Bunny and Piggy?” asked Mikey. “Outside in the backyard,” was all Alicia said. They laid Bandit down on the couch and away from all the mess. Then they started cleaning.

********************************

Once they finished some hours later, they all collapsed on the floor. No serious damage was done, some cracks in walls and stuff all over the floor, but nothing too horrible. Alicia and Mikey left Lindsey and Gerard to themselves, knowing they would be fine on their own down here. Lindsey hugged Gerard. “I’m glad you’re okay.” Gee nodded. “Me too.”
They knew it wouldn’t be the most comfortable thing, but they both lay on the couch by the one Bandit laid on. Gerard kissed Lindsey quick. “We’re gonna be okay.” All Lindsey did was nod. She snuggled into Gerard hoping he was right. But she had a feeling he was.

*******About 6 months later…. ******************

Gerard stood outside his house smoking while watching the volunteers cutting the tree into pieces about the size of firewood. Things were close to how they should have always been again. There wasn’t much more to do. Plenty of people came to help L.A. and it had been working great. Their house was still being worked on and they were still staying at Mikey and Alicia’s but they knew it wouldn’t be much longer. Though Bandit’s first birthday wasn’t how anyone had expected- due to the fact stores were still messed up pretty bad – but it was all okay.
Due to the earthquake, the album was put off for a few months, but it had turned out amazing. MCR was set to start touring in 2 months all over America. Gerard smiled. He thought through everything that had happened in the past 6 months and realized that he knew he and his family could survive anything. The volunteers had finished for the day by now and Gerard thanked them. He started walking back to his temporary home, knowing everything would be okay.



mmmmkkay... not the best ending... haha. got this idea while sitting in lit. class and we were talking about haiti and what had happened there. i hope it wasn't too awful to read :P


xoxo
madi
Sign up to rate and review this story