Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Breaking Ties

Silvana

by brynn_parker 0 reviews

...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2006-04-17 - Updated: 2006-04-17 - 1281 words

0Unrated
Chapter 11: Silvana

By: Brynn Parker

----

Author's Note: Before I start this chapter, I realized that in the last chapter Inuyasha wrapped his haori around Kagome. Not possible. He's wearing his new clothes, so he actually gave her his jacket...just to clarify that. I'm so picky. : )

----

All I knew is that I was afraid, more afraid than I'd ever been in my life...which was really saying something, considering my adventures in the Feudal Era. When Inuyasha put me back down outside of the dorms, we both were silent as we caught our breath. I collapsed in the grass soon after.

"What was that?" I asked after a moment. Inuyasha looked up at me, his eyes back to normal. "I didn't think there were any demons in this time."

"I didn't think so either...we should get inside. I don't trust this place."

Inuyasha quickly wrapped his arm around my waist and we walked inside, his ears twitching. "You still hear it?" I asked him, worried. If he took off like that again...what if he got caught too?

"A little..." he said, turning towards me as we shut the door behind us. Another swirl of silver crept through his eyes as he frowned at me. "Kagome...your eyes."

"Mine too?" I said, reaching up towards my eyes. My head was still swimming with the creature's spell, and I knew that Inuyasha must be going insane if he could still hear that singing. I almost wanted to go back...but at the same time I was scared to death. I stood on my toes and kissed him quickly, intertwining my fingers in his. "We need to get up to the dorm."

He continued walking with me and I locked all of the locks behind me after we walked into the room, Tiva looking over from her desk. "Where have you been all night?" she asked, getting up and giving me that Miroku-ish smile as I leaned against the door and took some deep breaths. Inuyasha collapsed back on my bed and Tiva frowned when she noticed the expression on my face. "Kagome..."

"Wait," I said, catching my breath. She stared at me and I closed my eyes quickly, afraid that she would see a glimpse of silver and ask more questions. "I don't know how safe it is to go out at night anymore."

"What?" she said. I opened my eyes to see her expression go from a fierce glare to a shocked stare. "Kagome...your eyes..." She pulled her chair back and sat down. "Tell me what happened."

I told her the whole story, beginning with Inuyasha hearing the noise and ending with our trip back here. Tiva was silent the whole time, and continued without speaking for a few minutes after I finished. I went and sat down next to Inuyasha and he wrapped me up in his arms protectively. His golden eyes glowed warmly, comforting me to know that he was back to normal.

"So he brought some creature here with him?" Tiva said, glancing at Inuyasha.

I bit my lip. Of course...this creature shows up at the same time as Inuyasha, and has the sacred jewel...it must have...

"What did she say?" Inuyasha asked me, annoyed. I didn't want to tell him...if he left me...I couldn't live without him.

"She said she thinks you brought it here," I answered.

Inuyasha's eyes narrowed and he glared over at her accusingly. "I didn't do anything! She just doesn't like me, that's..." He trailed off, losing his conviction. I wrapped my arms around his neck, burying my face in his hair.

"You won't leave me, right?" I asked.

"Never," he said, shaking his head. Tiva coughed and I looked up at her again, mumbling an apology. It just seemed like there was nobody in the world but Inuyasha and I at moments like that.

"So what are you going to do?" she asked.

I thought about it for a moment. All I really wanted to do was sleep and forget this ever happened. "What are we going to do?" I asked in Japanese, mostly to myself.

"Kill it, of course," Inuyasha replied quickly, "But first we have to find out how. You go to sleep, and I'll keep watch, OK?"

I hugged him before getting up and grabbing my pajamas quickly. "Thanks." I was already starting to feel like it hadn't even happened. Maybe I would wake up tomorrow and it would all be a dream.

----

Who was that? Car crash...oh God, Steve?

Kagome, it's just a dream.

It was a car crash, out on some forest road. Looked like it was in between the city and that nice neighborhood out in the hills. It was unnervingly realistic; Steve lived in that neighborhood.

I didn't know where I was...seemed like I was part of the air, just kind of watching the scene but invisible at the same time. Steve staggered out of the car, looking around as if he'd heard something in the woods. And that's when I heard it too.

Singing.

I wanted to warn him, but all I could do was run after him as he took off into the forest, a dreamy smile on his face. I was unaffected by the singing this time, and instead of being drawn to the voice I wanted to run back. Where was Inuyasha?

All I could do was stand back in the shadow of the trees as Steve walked out into the clearing, his eyes a sparkling silver. The white woman, her long silver tresses blowing in a circle around her face and her strange pink eyes glowing like the Shikon jewel, smiled at Steve, showing pearly white fangs. "Come to me, my love," she said, reaching out a hand to him.

"Mistress," he said, kneeling down and taking her hand. "I've been waiting so long."

"Body after body...life after life...you have been faithful to me Alec," she said, "You've just awakened, yes? Lying dormant in the body of one who loves my own enemy must have been hard for you."

"It was," he replied. Alec? What about Steve? "Why so long, Mistress?"

"No need for formalities," she said, pulling him up. I immediately noticed the strange metallic glint that his hair had gained, and the intensity of the blue in his eyes. "I had been calling since I arrived this past night. I had to wait where I was banished until someone that didn't belong returned here...how long has it been?"

"Near six hundred years, Silvana," Steve...or, Alec...replied.

"Well...you look hungry, my love," Silvana said, beckoning behind her to a girl that was dancing in the circle. "Here." She pushed the girl towards Steve and he grabbed her, smiling at the white woman.

"Thanks."

And with that, he leaned over and bit into the girl's neck.

----

I sat up in bed drenched in sweat. Inuyasha's eyes popped open from his spot leaning against the wall and he immediately got up and sat down next to me. "What's wrong?" he asked.

I shivered and he wrapped his arms around me, his hair falling around my shoulders like a curtain. "I had a dream," I said, "It was...it was nothing. I'll be OK."

He nodded and moved to go back to his spot, but I caught his hand. "Will you hold me?" I asked.

He smiled, and then wrapped me up in his arms and got under the covers with me, kissing the top of my head. "I love you, scared wench," he muttered, smiling into the kiss.

"Love you too."

I hoped that dream hadn't been true.
Sign up to rate and review this story