Categories > Original > Romance > Sixteen

Invisible

by gnrgirl 3 reviews

Oh, A relationship coming along?

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2010-01-30 - Updated: 2010-01-31 - 1095 words

1Exciting
The next day I was actually ready on time, and met Jeremy at the bottom of the street. He greeted me
with a little 'hello', and we walked to school, chatting about music, classes, and other topics of interest. When we finally reached school, I stopped at my locker first before following Jeremy up to his. Ty, Adam, Kyle and Michael were waiting for us.

“Hello men!” Jeremy called. He was ignored.

“Chrissy!” Adam screeched, running at me and pulling me into a hug. The others followed his lead, and soon I was engulfed in a major group hug. I hugged back as best I could.

“Well, hello there.” I said, my voice muffled by the four bodies attacking me.

“Yeah, hey guys.” Jeremy shouted. Ty pulled back and glanced at Jeremy.

“Who are you?”

Jeremy faked a hurt expression. “Asshole.”

Ty pulled out of the group and walked over to Jeremy.

“Aw, I'm sorry Jer-Jer. Forgive us?” He pouted. The other three guys pulled back to hear Jeremy's response.

“Of course, bro!” He smiled. Ty shook his head, faking tears, and pulled Jeremy into a man-hug. I laughed.

“That,” I said solemnly, “Was an award winning performance.”

Ty looked at me. “Well thank you!” he began, “I'd like to thank the academy, my best friends Kyle, Mike, Adam and Christina, and my man lover Jeremy.” He turned to Jeremy. “Love you babe!”

I rolled my eyes. “You guys are the weirdest people I have ever met.”

Kyle wrapped an arm around me. “That, Chrissy,” he whispered, “Is why you love us so.”

I laughed. “Yeah, totally. Because now that I've known you for two days, I most definitely love you.”

Jeremy chuckled behind me and walked passed the boys, grabbing my wrist.

“To Math we go, sweet Christina.”

~**~

Math is a fairly boring class. As is my teacher. I mean, isn't every Math teacher boring? Like, they stand at the front of the room and gab ALL CLASS. If you ask me, it's quite obnoxious of them, really.

For me, however, there is a bit of an escape. I have Jeremy in my Math class. He's very entertaining.

“Mr. Nixou, I don't understand the concept of Linear Equatims.” Jeremy said, blonde hair falling into blue eyes.

Mr. Nixou, our Math teacher, sighed.

“Jeremy Tyne, it is not Linear Equatims. It clearly says Linear Equations.”

Jeremy shook his head. “No. I can read, Mr. Nixou. Your writing is clear. The o and the n are connected. It says equatims.”

I chuckled from my seat beside him.

“Christina, is something funny?” Mr. Nixou asked me. I smiled innocently.

“No, Mr. Nixou. I was simply expressing my humour at Jeremy's babbling.”

Jeremy stifled a laugh. I looked over at him and smiled. He winked at me.

For some reason that day, I seemed to be feeling very blush-y.

~**~

I enjoy my vocal music class. Really I do. It's sad, unfortunately, because I'm the only one in the class who is actually capable of opening their mouths and producing music. The others......well, let's just say they sound like ostriches gargling with oatmeal.

Anyway, Vocal Music. It's fun, but very short. The first day we had been given a project. A relatively simple project, but still a project. We were to just pick a song and sing it. I myself had chosen the song 'I Don't Care' by Fall Out Boy. I'd changed it up a bit, and I'd brought my acoustic guitar to accompany me.

The performance had gone smoothly, and I was genuinely happy for once as I walked out of the music room. An arm caught my waist and I looked up from my phone. Jeremy had snuck up beside me and wrapped his arms around me.

“Uhm, excuse me,” I said sarcastically, “I'm trying to text here.”

“Oh, nice phone, I'll need to get your number.” he said, completely ignoring me. I nodded and glanced back down at the text on my screen.

HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK CHRIS! LUCAS DIGUARDI ASKED ME OUTTTT!!!!

I grimaced. I knew Luke. Luke was a douche bag. I texted back my response.

Well, congratulations? I mean, Luke? The same Luke I know? The douche bag that poured chocolate milk down my shirt last year? Well, if you said yes.............good luck.

I hit the send button and looked back up at Jeremy. He ripped the phone from my hands and pulled out his own, entering my number into his contact list.

“I was kind of using that...” I trailed off.

A few seconds later, he handed me back my phone. I placed it in my pocket and we continued down the hallway, a peaceful silence between us. Jeremy broke it as we approached my locker.

“I heard you singing.” He said casually, “You're pretty damn good.”

I blushed. “Thank you.”

Jeremy smiled. “No problem. Personally, I think you should be a singer for a living. You'd do good.”

I laughed. “I have other plans.” Jeremy tilted his head.

“Like?” he asked, blond hair falling into blue eyes.

“I want to be an anthropologist and have a husband and kids and just a family. I want the fairy tale happy ending.” I said quietly, looking up at him. He grinned.

“That's cute. Anthropology, hm? Sounds interesting. Care to explain?”

I smiled and laughed before beginning to explain the field of anthropology to him. He actually looked interested. Most people I knew didn't find anything I ever talked about interesting. It was a nice change.

After going to my locker, we went upstairs to Jeremy's and met Adam, Ty, Kyle and Mike.

“Heya, boys.” I said, smiling. The four smiled back at me.

“Hey Chrissy!” They all called simultaneously. Adam gave me a nervous looking smile. I wondered why. I glanced at my phone to see the time and my mind rushed.

“Shit, guys, I have to go. I promised my mom I'd be home early.” I rambled. “Sorry, I'll see you tomorrow, 'kay?”

The four boys nodded. Jeremy did not. As I turned to leave, he spoke.

“Hey hey hey, back here, now.” He demanded. I walked back over to him. He held his arms out like a child and pouted. I giggled, blushed and gave him a hug, all at the same time. How's that for multi-tasking?

As I left the building, I heard Adam, Ty, Kyle and Mike cooing at Jeremy. I turned, just in time to see him wink at his boys. I blushed and hurried out of the building. That boy was growing on me.
Sign up to rate and review this story