Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha

What I Do For Him

by brynn_parker 2 reviews

Kagome's musings as she stresses about her grades...Kagome's POV, please R&R!

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2006-04-17 - Updated: 2006-04-18 - 756 words - Complete

1Moving
What I Do For Him

By: Brynn Parker

----

Author's Note: This is just going to be a one shot, a short fanfic that's very romantic and slightly humorous...this just popped into my mind and I had to write it. Hope you enjoy!

----

The last time I looked at a report card, I was failing most of my classes. I don't know how I'm supposed to graduate with these grades, and at this point I don't know where my life's taking me. Am I destined to live in the Feudal Era for my whole life? Is this really my time anymore? I'm so confused...I spend more time in the past than in the present, and what are you supposed to do in life if you can't even graduate from high school? I relax back in my bed, sighing.

Am I going to end up working at Wacdonald's?

Buyo jumps up on my bed and I roll over, thinking farther into the future and groaning unhappily. I'm probably going to work at Wacdonalds and then get old and live at the shrine with my cats, sticking sutras on everything like Jii-chan. I'll live at home until all the rest of my family has died and moved away.

I'll watch Sango and Miroku get married and have little baby demon slayers and monks...aw, how sweet... I cringe when I see one of the little Mirokus groping one of the village girls...OK, maybe that wouldn't be so sweet.

I pull out a textbook and start to read, eventually just resting my forehead on the glossy pages, since I don't get a word of it. How am I supposed to do this? I should just resign my fact that I'm going to be a failure in life and go sign up at Wacdonald's now.

But then there's Inuyasha.

When I look into his eyes, I see so much there. He presses his mouth to mine to make me feel better, but it says so much more than he tells me vocally. His kisses promise me a future...whether I graduate from high school or not; he's promising me a future with a family, in a time when there are no taxes and there is no college. A time when there's only my love and my children.

"What are you thinking of?" he asks from my window.

I frown. "My grades are slipping again," I tell him, propping myself up on my elbows. He kneels next to the bed and kisses my forehead, assuring me that everything is going to be alright. He's silent for only a moment before he lies down next to me and puts an arm over my shoulders.

"You know..." he says. It seems as if he's having a hard time saying whatever it is he's planning. "You know you have a future with me...you don't need that school thing for me."

I smile at him and kiss him. "I know, Inuyasha."

He smiles at me after I pull away from him and I can just see kids with cute little ears dancing around his head...I know I'm a little young to be thinking of things like this, but I haven't even really thought about another guy since I met Inuyasha.

He kisses me again and I savor his taste for a minute before I push him away. "I really have to study right now," I say.

He frowns at me. "Kagome..." he whines, clutching my shoulder and pulling me towards him again.

I glare. "Don't make me use the word!" I say warningly. He gets up and crosses his arms, pouting at me in a very cute way before jumping out of my window. I get up to make sure he's left and he startles me, popping up in my window and kissing me on the lips.

"I love you," he says, grinning before jumping from my window and towards the well.

"I love you too!" I call after him, just hoping that nobody heard me. I close the window after him and sit down, letting a sigh through my lips. He has no idea that I'm only doing this so that I can study and pass my classes, just so I can spend more time in the Feudal Era.

Oh, the things I do for him.

----

Author's Note: Tell me what you think please! This was really just a quick little one shot I thought of and wrote down...but I still want to know what you think! So REVIEW!
Sign up to rate and review this story