Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Zyorious Scepter

Chapter 3

by Syrus 0 reviews

Something big happens to the new character!

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Harry, Violet - Published: 2005-05-17 - Updated: 2005-05-18 - 2496 words

0Cliche
Chapter 3

Early in the morning, Dalon and Sarah Black dropped Violet off at Notalans Academy. There, when students first arrived, before they all had breakfast, they separated into their own houses. Just like Hogwarts, there were four houses: Xellerin, Grendelon, Paradious, and Sekaran. Violet was in the Sekaran house. Sekaran's colors were blue and gold. The Sekaran house was famous for brilliant minds and quick thinkers. Violet quickly set off for her table and sat down with her friends Lydia and Arian.

"Potions with Langer is going to be horrible! I've forgotten everything!" Arian complained.

"Well you aren't the only one!" said Lydia.

"It looks like the three of us are going to fail our Potions test. At least I know I'll do well in Divination." said Violet.

Suddenly a school owl came right above them and dropped a letter by Lydia's bowl of cereal, interrupting their conversation. Arian picked up the letter and read the front.

"Hey! This letter is for you!" Arian said.

"Me?!?" Violet asked completely surprised.

Violet hardly received mail by owl because her parents were Muggles. She slowly opened it, not knowing what could be inside.

Be at the Astronomy Tower at Midnight!!

No one had signed the note.

"Hey guys! Get a load of this!" Violet said as she showed them the note.

"Wow this is weird!" said Lydia

"Do you think you should even go? It could be dangerous and you can get into big trouble if you are caught!" said Arian.

"Oh come on Arian! Don't be such a lawn gnome! I bet Violet has a secret admirer! And I want to find out who it is!" said Lydia.

Violet know that Arian would next start on a long lecture on school rules and Violet was really not in the mood for one.

"Look you guys! Why don't we just go and check this out? Then if we get any bad feelings about it, we can leave." said Violet.

"I don't know about this..." said Arian.

"We'll be fine!" said Lydia as she looked at her watch, "Oh no! We'd better go because we're going to be late for Potions! And you know what a witch (no pun intended! ;) ) Langer can be if you're late!"

The three friends hurried to class.

*

Evelyn Lockwood watched Violet, Lydia, and Arian leave the room and narrowed her eyes. She hated Violet with a passion. In her eyes, filthy mudbloods like Violet should not be allowed in Notalans Academy. She could not understand why Lydia and Arian, who both were from upstanding pure blood families, would even like her. Especially Arian. They were neighbors and they grew up together. Although outwardly she never really got along with him, she secretly had some feelings for him. Evelyn saw Violet drop a slip of paper from her bag as she left. Evelyn, who was curious, got up from the Grendelon table and picked up the slip of paper and read it.

So little Ms. Mudblood has a secret admirer, Evelyn thought, I know what I'll do! I'll go and cast a Tarantallegra spell on Violet in front of her admirer and Arian. Then Arian will see her for the filthy mudblood that she is...and he will notice me.

Evelyn's ice blue eyes glittered maliciously.

I'll finally get what I want... She thought.

*

Early on the day Hermione and her parents were to pick him up from Privet Drive, Harry nervously paced in his room, wondering how to tell the Dursleys. When Aunt Petunia called him down for breakfast, he gathered his courage. He sat down at the table and poked at his slice of grapefruit, too nervous to eat anything.

"Umm...Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia? My friend Hermione will be coming today to pick me up to spend the rest of the summer with her."

"What!?!" Uncle Vernon thundered, startling everyone, "I don't want those types even 10 kilometers near my home!"

"But they're Mug - I mean normal people. Hermione's parents are both dentists!" Harry said, hoping this would calm Uncle Vernon at least a little bit.

It did. Uncle Vernon stopped hyperventilating and looked at Harry with narrowed eyes.

"Dentists, eh? At least you found a person who is half way normal at that place you dare call a school! And if they are willing to take you away, they are more than welcome! Less abnormality in my house!" said Uncle Vernon.

So the matter was settled. Later in the evening, Hermione and her parents came to pick Harry up. When the doorbell rang, Harry eagerly answered it. When he opened the door, he saw Hermione. He smiled. She was prettier than in his dream.

"Hi Hermione!" he said.

Hermione smiled back and said, "Hi Harry! So this is your house?"

She took a quick peek inside. Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and Dudley regarded the Grangers cautiously. Then, very reluctantly, Vernon extended his hand to Mr. Granger and muttered something that sounded like a greeting. Mrs. Granger tried to break the tension.

"Thank you for letting Harry stay with us." she said.

"He's your problem now." said Vernon as he dragged Harry's trunk outside.

Harry grabbed Hedwig's cage before Vernon could throw it out of the house. Then Vernon muttered something like, "Good day." and then he shut the door. Everyone just stood there not knowing what to do. Then Hermione's dad spoke.

"Well let's get your trunk into our car and let's get started." he said as he and Harry lugged the trunk into the car's trunk.

Mr. and Mrs. Granger got in the front seats while Harry and Hermione sat in the back. After driving fifteen minutes, they stopped in front of a quaint creme two story house. When Mr. Granger and Harry dragged his trunk into the house, they settled down to have dinner. As they sat down at the table, Mrs. Granger spoke.

"So you're the famous Harry Potter we have heard so much about from Hermione." she said.

"Mum!" Hermione said urgently, "Well...uhh...I just told her a lot about...umm...the classes we have had together..."

They finished the rest of dinner in silence. Both Mr. and Mrs. Granger seemed to have a lot of questions to ask Harry, but were cautioned not to by Hermione. After that, Hermione quickly finished her dinner and when her parents weren't looking, motioned for Harry to do the same. When they both were finished, Hermione quickly told her parents that she would show Harry the guest room and pulled Harry upstairs.

"You have a really nice house Hermione." Harry said.

"Thanks. Look, my mum usually unwittingly embarrasses me in front of all my friends, and you are no exception. Sorry about that." she said slightly blushing.

Harry smiled.

"It's okay." he said.

They came up to two doors at the end of the hall.

"This is my room," Hermione said as she pointed to the door on the right, "And this is the guest room. If you need anything you can ask. We'll talk more tomorrow."

She paused as if to say more, but thought better of it.

"Good night Harry." she said.

"Good night Hermione." Harry said.

Harry went into the guest room, got into bed, and fell asleep.

*

Violet, Lydia, and Arian waited in the Sekaran Common Room until everyone cleared out. Since no one was able to apparate at night in the school, they had to walk to the Astronomy Tower. They tip toed their way into the hall and kept in the shadows to make sure they wouldn't be seen. As they passed the entrance to the Grendelon Common Room, Evelyn was there waiting for them. She waited until they passed to follow them. The three quietly made their way to the Astronomy Tower, taking extra care not to attract any attention from the ghosts or any teachers that might be out. Their trip to the Astronomy Tower was quite uneventful, until they arrived at the tower. They were about to go up the stairs when Professor Estrellas, the astronomy teacher, suddenly came down the stairs. He was holding a star chart and mumbling to himself. Violet Arian, and Lydia dived into the shadows. Evelyn kept a good distance between herself and the three, so she was still in the darkness. Professor Estrellas looked around as though he heard a noise, but dismissed it and went to his room and shut the door. The three let out a sigh of relief. They quickly ascended the stairs of the Astronomy Tower with Evelyn staying close behind. When the three got to the top of the tower, Violet told Arian and Lydia to stay hidden because they weren't even supposed to be there. Evelyn stayed further back to stay undetected. Violet stepped out into the moonlight.

"Hello?" Violet asked.

Out of the darkness a person stepped. They were tall and their face was covered by the hooded cloak they were wearing.

He must be a 6th year or something...He looks too tall to be in my year... Violet thought.

Finally the person in the cloak spoke.

"Hello Violet Black. So we finally meet." he said.

Hearing the voice drove any thoughts of having a secret admirer from her mind. The voice was far too mature and it had a strange inhuman iciness to be the voice of a student or anyone remotely close to her age. The fear started to rise within her.

"Who are you?" Violet asked with a slight quaver in her voice.

The cloaked person laughed chillingly.

"I am a Death Eater and a faithful follower of Lord Voldemort." he said.

Violet stood shocked and frozen in fear. Behind her Lydia and Arian watched her, both also very afraid. At the mention of the name Voldemort, Lydia and Arian both heard a gasp very close to them. They both turned their heads suddenly to see Evelyn wide eyed and completely terrified. Evelyn looked like she was about to scream. Arian and Lydia knew if she did, they would all be in worse trouble than they already were in. Arian, who was closer to her, pulled Evelyn close and clamped a hand over her mouth. The hooded figure stepped forward and locked a hand around Violet's neck. His skin was icy cold.

"Enough chit chat. If you value your life at all, you will give me the Zyorious Scepter." he said.

Violet had no idea what the Zyorious Scepter was.

Almost choking in his grasp, Violet said, "I don't have it!"

The hooded figure laughed cruelly once again.

"Wrong answer." he said.

As he said this he lifted his wand in his other hand and an unforgivable cruse was about to leave his lips. But Arian lost control of Evelyn and she screamed at the top of her lungs. Completely surprised by this since he was unaware of anyone else but Violet, the hooded figure turned to where Arian, Lydia, and Evelyn were standing. Evelyn turned and ran back down the stairs screaming bloody murder. The hooded figure knew if he hung around, he would be caught. He quickly turned into an eagle and flew away. Violet watched him fly away, still rooted to her spot in fear.

"An animagus..." Violet whispered.

Minutes later Lydia, Arian, and Violet heard three people coming up the stairs.

"What on Earth is going on here?!?" they heard Headmistress Belinda Katena sternly inquiring.

Professor Estrellas explained how he heard Evelyn screaming. Katena looked at Lydia, Arian, Evelyn, and Violet with narrowed eyes.

"I think you all need to come to my office and explain yourselves." Katena said.

The walk to Katena's office was completely silent. As they walked in, Katena motioned for all of them to take a seat. Katena allowed the silence to settle a little bit before she began to speak. Although she was young, she was still a wise and able Headmistress. She spoke quietly, but her words were strong and touched by a hint of disappointment.

"There was absolutely no reason any of you should have been out of your dorms after 9 o' clock. I am going to have to cut several points from both of your houses for each of you." Katena said.

Katena noticed the intense fear still in Violet's eyes. She knew this was much more than some silly teenage prank. She thought it best if she just asked Violet personally about the incident.

"Furthermore, all of you have a week's detention. Report to my office tomorrow evening to receive your tasks. You are dismissed." Katena said.

Lydia, Evelyn, and Arian got up from their seats and began to leave. As Violet began to do the same, Katena motioned for her to sit back down.

"I would like to talk to you a few more moments Miss Black." said Katena.

When Violet took her seat Katena spoke again.

"I know that whatever had just transpired was more than some prank. You must tell me what happened." said Katena.

Then Violet told Headmistress Katena everything that had happened starting with the note up until the Astronomy Tower. Katena looked at Violet with surprise.

"And he asked you for the Zyorious Scepter?" Katena inquired.

"Yes." Violet replied.

Katena thought a minute than spoke, "We must keep on our guards. Do not leave your Common Room after dark again! If a Death Eater broke past our school's defenses he must have been a powerful wizard indeed. Exercise extreme caution with whoever you talk to. I'm going to have to suspend your field trip privileges until this blows over. Also you may not apparate or disapparate on school grounds until the intruder is caught. You must have someone walking with you at all times. You may leave now. Go straight to your Common Room."

Due to her current experience, Violet did not object. She went straight to the Sekaran Common Room. She found Lydia and Arian waiting for her. They both looked at her anxiously.

"So what happened?" asked Lydia.

"Headmistress Katena told me not to leave the Common Room after dark, she took away my field trip privileges, and she told me not to apparate. She thought it wouldn't be safe for me to be outside until the person is caught." said Violet.

"She's right! We shouldn't have gone in the first place..." said Arian.

"What I want to know is who was that guy that called you up to the tower?" asked Lydia.

"He was a Death Eater. A follower of You-Know-Who." Violet said with a shiver.

Lydia and Arian were also shaken by this knowledge.

"He thought I had the Zyorious Scepter, whatever that is...Look. I don't know about you guys, but I have to get to the bottom of this. Tomorrow I'm going to look up the Zyorious Scepter in the library. It must be important if a Death Eater wanted it..." Violet said.

With that the three went up to their dorms and all fell into a troubled sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story