Categories > Original > Romance

Happy Together

by avery_averette 0 reviews

The path of true love seldom runs smooth, more so for forbidden love between an angel and a demon. Archangel Tsubasa Jophiel Imai and Takki Ero Satan find unlikely soulmates in each other. But with...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [X] [?] - Published: 2010-02-10 - Updated: 2010-02-12 - 2532 words - Complete

0Unrated
Happy Together



It was a lazy Tuesday afternoon and there was a soothing stillness in the small cafe, until he walked in; of all the cafes in the city, of all the cities in the world, he had to walk into the one where Takki was. There was no denying that there was a strange connection between them, a sick, twisted one.



Tsubasa, who had already drank 10 cups of coffee that day, had no idea why he felt compelled for another. It also escaped him why he was making his way across the street into a dodgy nebourhood to have it. Upon entering a small, obscure cafe smacked in between a porn shop and a massage palour, realisation instantly hit him. Takki aka Ero Demon's aura was distinct and unmistakable. Without eyeing him, Tsubasa headed straight for table furthest away and sat with his back against him.



Pretending to occupy himself, Tsubasa sniffed the flower at his table, only to discover to his dismay that it was plastic. Thankfully, the beverage menu proved to be a much likelier cover; with beverage names, like Ero Juice, he soon found himself genuinely engrossed in deciphering their actual contents. After numerous futile attempts, Tsubasa once again turned his attention to the plastic flower. The longer he stared at it, the more it seemed to symbolize his love – everlasting but lacking. Since neither the ornament nor the suggestive-sounding coffee was proving to be his ally, Tsubasa contemplated giving up on his coffee addiction altogether. At that precise moment, as if a sign from a coffee deity somewhere, a hot steamy cuppa arrived.



'Sir, your Black Hole.'



'My what?!'



'Your coffee, sir.'



'But I didn't order any.'



'Oh, that face of an angel over there order it for you,' the waiter smiled generously towards Takki. Tsubasa swore he even saw him wink at the breath-taking patron.



'He's not that angelic,' Tsubasa warned.



'Really? Even better,' the waiter drawled. Looking at the growing hump before his eyes, Tsubasa could only imagine that the waiter was in the process of stripping Takki with his eyes.



'What's this again?' Tsubasa asked pointing to the dark, ominous drink before him.



'His hole.'



'What?!'



'I mean Black Hole. It's black coffee. Excuse me, sir.'



Tsubasa watched the waiter scramble away, the beverage list shielding his exploding manhood. Far from being offended, he half pitied the pepperoni-faced teenager. He had been there, though not the pimply phrase. Angels, fortunately, do not get plagued by acne. But he understood how it was to be consumed by the lust of a pretty face, and not just any pretty face - Ero Demon's. It was a beauty that burnt into ones' memory. He could still remember vividly the day they first met.



Ex-Archangel Lucifer had on his birthday requested for God to grant him a visit to heaven. He had missed his old home terribly and God for old times' sake granted that request. And Satan didn't come alone, he brought with him his youngest son, Takki Ero Satan. Although little Takki didn't have the necessary access pass, Saint Peter, who had a thing for bowl-cut hairstyle and centre-parting, welcomed him with open arms. The old man even assigned little archangel-in-training Tsubasa Jophiel Imai as his guide.



Tsubasa, who had been expecting a fire-breathing, horned head, little imp with a swinging tail, was pleasantly surprised that the immensely cute and somewhat dorky Takki in an oversized, starched polo tee was anything but. He was instantly smitten, and he fell hard, literally too. Nearing the end of the day, Takki had Tsubasa pinned to the ground among the bushes.



'Do you like it?'



'It feels funny. What's it called?'



'First kiss.'



'Is it your first too?'



'No. Me Old Fuddy Duddy told me that my first kiss was with a hot babe of a nurse, shortly after I was born. He's very proud of that, and every birthday he arranges for me to kiss a scantily clad nurse. Last birthday, the nurse wore only pink laced lingerie.'



Hearing that his first love has been around the block, Tsubasa was naturally crestfallen.



'But don't worry, I've still got plenty of first to share. I’ve been saving myself for that special someone - someone like you.'



'You're touching me in funny places again, Takki,' Tsubasa protested feebly.



At the end of the day, the two boys emerged from the bushes, hand in hand, embarrassed but happy.



'Will I see you again?' Tsubasa asked as he adjusted Takki's limp collar, it had during their rumble and tumble lost much of its iron starchiness.



'When we grow up, when we can do as we please, let's meet on earth. Will you wait for me?'



It seemed that the blush on his cheeks had robbed him of his power of speech and Tsubasa could only dumbly look down at the hands he was tenderly holding.



Knowing everything about blushes, Takki could instinctively tell that the pink hue on Tsubasa’s cheeks meant: I will wait for you till the sea gangs dry, till the sun don’t shine, till words don’t rhyme, till the end of time.



‘I’ll wait for you too.’



It was a solemn promise, one that Takki sealed with a lingering kiss, the 283rd of that day.



They had made a vow to meet in a coffee shop in Disneyland, Tokyo. On hindsight, sitting in the noisy confines of the cafe, Tsubasa thought their choice was a little childish, but they were only 13 then. Tsubasa wondered if Takki had remembered. It was only expected of devils to lie, cheat and break hearts.



But Takki wasn't just any devil.



'So you drink your coffee black too?' An uncommonly handsome face asked. 'Does heaven have diet restrictions too?'



After a bashful start, the two lads were busy comparing notes.



'So you can eat anything you like in heaven?' Takki was awestruck. 'Me Old Geezer likes his boys ship-shaped so we have to stay off fried stuff, sugar and carbs. But at least we have porn. You don't have that, do you?'



'No.' Tsubasa answered, not quite sure what it was. He’d never heard of it.



'But you do now - Takki porn! I'm been training hard for today. I'm sure you'll be very satisfied with the results. Let's go to our room. I've already booked us a honeymoon suite. And the equipment's all set up!’



Takki was determined to capture, for posterity, the way Tsubasa looked sucking and licking away at his meatstick like it was a lollipop. All he had was his memory for seven long years. Also, this time wanted to document his prowess at all 84 sex positions of the Kama Sutra.



Innocent Tsubasa still didn't know what they needed a room for. But he soon found out. He was screaming so loudly, he was surprised no one came knocking on their room to enquire about the fowl they were killing. In spite of his restraint, he couldn't help not letting out shrieks of pain every time Takki touched him.



'I'm sorry, Tsubie Baby! I'm so sorry!'



'It's not your fault,' Takki squeaked, breathless and shaking with excruciating agony.



'But why? Why? What happened? It didn't hurt this much then.'



'Maybe God put a restraining order on adult angels. Ever since your dad became the infamous fallen one, I heard he put in place a series of precautionary measures.'



'But what about free will?'



'I can still choose.'



'Choose? Then what do you choose?'



'I choose you. I want to be with you. I've been longing to be with you since the day you left.'



Takki looked deep into Tsubasa's eyes, and he saw - ice cream. When he was a kid, he had always craved for ice cream but hell was too hot for it. The unattainable ice cream had such an allure on him that he would have done anything for it. At that moment, Tsubasa was his ice cream.



'I'll appeal to Me Old Devil and you to God to let us be together.'



Alas, the path of true love seldom runs smooth, especially for star-crossed lovers. After a century of pleading and begging, scheming and plotting, they were ultimately temporarily suspended from their respective bondage. But their happiness, fraught with disasters, was short-lived.



In their first new life together, they found themselves in the Jin Dynasty, playing the parts of the doomed Butterfly Lovers. Although Takki had fun playing cross-dressing Zhu Yingtai, he didn't like how he and Tsubasa aka Liang Shanbo had to die so tragically. So they appealed for a fairy tale ending. And they got it - Three Little Pigs, with Takki as the big bad wolf. Irregardless of how much TsubaPiggy loved Takki Wolf, convention and conscience dictate that he couldn't be with the wolf that had eaten all his pig siblings. In their second fairy tale outing - Little Red Riding, Takki had learnt his lesson and swore off pork, but not sweet old grannies. Actually, Little Red Tsubie Hood was quite ready to forgive Takki Wolf but Mr Hunter had to come along, chop up his lover and put a gory end to a possibly happy ending. Finally, ill-fate saved the best for last - Romeo and Juliet. No need for the cruel blow of heart-wrenching deaths after a whirlwind romance, just wearing tights alone was enough to make Tsubasa sick. Anyway, in the end, they both died again, only shortly after they were reunited.



.............



Evening was approaching and Tsubasa had already drunk another 10 cups of coffee. He wanted to leave the cafe but his feet felt like they'd been smelted to the ground.



'Hey, Bambi Eyes, can I sit here?' The object of his dread and desire had finally mustered enough courage to approach and ask.



'Only if you’re ready to die another gruesome death.’



‘For you, I’ll die a million gruesome deaths.’



‘Stop it! Stop making it sound like it doesn’t matter, like it doesn’t hurt. It kills me every time I see you die. I don’t ever want to see you die again, ever!’ By now, Tsubasa was on the verge of tears. ‘Forget it, Takki. It's not worth all that heartache.'



'Are you giving up? I thought we're just taking a break.'



'What's the point? We’ll never be happy together.'



Takki reached over to clasp Tsubasa's hand, only to be greeted with a sharp cry.



'I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I forgot!'



Takki looked as if he had been stabbed. Face writhing with a mixture of guilt and anguish, he got up to leave. Just as he was about to disappear through the swing doors, Tsubasa hugged him from behind.



'I'm sorry. Please dont'-'



'Stop it! It'll kill ya!' Takki hurriedly pushed Tsubasa away.



Not wanting the melodrama before him to turn into a spectacle, the shop attendant quickly intervened, 'There’s a love motel just round the corner.'



The decor of their room in the love motel was a tad tacky for Tsubasa's taste. Sleazy and cheap, it made his skin crawl. Nevertheless, Takki was in it, and for that he would tolerate the pink and gold wallpaper, plastic chandelier, see-through bathroom wall and maroon heart-shaped water bed; what he couldn't tolerate was lying next to Takki yet he couldn't touch him. Every time they touched, Tsubasa felt as if he was being skinned and burned alive.



‘I can’t give up,’ Takki confessed. ‘If I could, I would have done so ages ago. But I can’t, I can’t stop loving you.’



Tsubasa was silent and still, except for the tears trickling down his face, sinking itself into the pillow. Takki, feeling helpless to the core, wished that he was born a pillow.



'You think they're punishing us?' Takki questioned.



‘I don't care. We'll just have to keep trying, keep fighting, until we win them over,' Tsubasa replied, in a quivering but determined voice. 'Let’s do it again, and again, and again, until we're happy, until we grow old together and die in each other’s arms.’



‘Yes. Yes, until we're happy.’ This time, Takki was crying too.



…………..



The atmosphere in the room was tense. Tsubasa could tell that a few other kids were as reluctant as him. He briefly wondered what their dreams were. He wanted to be a baseball player, not some entertainer. But no thanks to his sister, he found himself seated on an uncomfortable white foldable chair in a narrow corridor, waiting to be auditioned on his singing and dancing skills – things he had no clue about. For some unknown reason, he surprised himself at not feigning a stomachache to escape the ordeal. The reason soon became apparent.



A little boy of his age had just skipped past him and Tsubasa thought the oversized polo tee looked rather familiar. On closer examination, so was the Energiser Bunny in it – Sashida Hideaki. Tsubasa almost burst into tears, never mind that Takki didn’t recognize him.



………..



14 years later…



‘I'm so glad your shows are over,' Tsubasa squeals as he plunges into bed next to Takki.



'Why's that?'



'Because I like it when you're in bed waiting for me.'



Takki, sensing an impending onslaught of blushes, quickly changes topic.



How’s the promo for your single?’ he asks.



‘It’s ok. I heard that fans have been making tonnes of requests to various music and TV stations.’



‘You must be so happy,’ Takki coos as he shifts closer to Tsubasa.



‘Not as happy as this,’ Tsubasa answers as he leans over to kiss Takki squarely on his M-shaped lips.



‘So, I make you happy?’ Takki teases.



‘Yes, more than anything in this world, in any world,’ Tsubasa replies with all the seriousness of someone making his wedding vow in church. ‘And you? Are you happy too?’



‘More than words.’



Takki often finds himself at a loss for words around Tsubasa. They just fail to adequately describe the effervescence he feels when they meet, or how he melts every time they touch, and how the world and all its care fade away when they kiss and make love, as if they're the only two entities that exist, and the only thing that matters is being together. He feels as if he has loved Tsubasa long before he even met him, as if they had spent lifetimes pining for each other and have only just found release in each other’s embrace.



Since action speaks louder than words, Takki decides to prove his love the best way he knows how. He pins a giggly Tsubasa under him and kisses him like there's no tomorrow, before he rips the latter’s boxers off and feeds throbbing chin chin ii with ero black holes, and thirsty and hungry Tsuba black holes with plenty of wholesome Takki juice and protein.



~End~ More stories at http://avery-averette.livejournal.com. Enjoy!
Sign up to rate and review this story