Categories > Movies > Star Wars > Star Wars: Cylon Awakening

Cylon Sortie

by Albeios 0 reviews

Category: Star Wars - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-02-20 - Updated: 2010-02-20 - 1149 words - Complete

1Original
“Yes Lord Vader. I have reached the shield power generator, the shields will be down in moments, you may start your landing,” said Commander Veers. The hologram of Darth Vader disappeared without comment. Veers felt a missile explode near the top of the his AT-AT. Finding out that the Rebels had forces hidden around the battlefield was a nasty surprise. Troops and escort vehicles were suffering from long range mortar shots. Already several Juggernaughts had suffered from their wheels being taken out by missiles and rockets, AT-STs were being pummeled apart by air support.

The infantry running about below were being taken care of handily by the entrenched rebels, though most of their fire were still being concentrated on the AT-ATs. Veers peered through the onboard periscope and saw that the rebels had begun retreated, throwing aside their weapons and turning tail. Taking his eyes off of the scope he turned to a snowtrooper behind him.

“You may begin your ground assault,” he said to the trooper dismissively, “Prepare to target the main generator.”

A trio of those odd droid fighters flew past them, having peppered the side of his cockpit with some sort of heavy slugthrower weapon. Blaster cannon shots ripped apart the retreating rebel defenders.

“How much further to the power generator?”

“About one seven and two eight,” responded a pilot as he pressed a few buttoned and fiddled with his stick. The heavy walker adjusted it's head just in time to fire a glancing shot from his walker's heavy blaster cannon at a rebel airspeeder, sending it spiraling past it and into the ground with a modest explosion.

“Sir...There is an increase of seismic activity about two kilometers and a half south west of us...” said a pilot, “A lot of it.”

Veers glanced at the chart and furrowed his brow, “Will it affect the operation?”

“I don't th-whoa, those readings just jumped! I've got half a dozen high level tectonic activity due east four kilometers, one kilometer west-”

The Commander jammed his eyes to the periscope and activated the rear view cameras. In the distance, a huge plume of ice, snow, and rock shot up into the air. Multiple cracks had appeared from near the maelstrom, and more had begun edging towards the rear of his forces.

“Shield power generator is in range,” announced one of the pilots.

“Fire! Maximum power!” Ordered Veers quickly as the cracks gave way to small chasms. Snowtroopers were running for their lives, some of speeders, others abandoning their vehicles and taking taking their chances on the ground. An AT-AT was swallowed up, it's armored legs sinking to the ground.

As the blasters fired, Veers felt as though his breath had been forced out of his throat. Blizzard One crumbled and fell as a chasm cracked and gave way underneath it. Smoke curled from the blown computer consoles, a pilot was helping him up. Another was shouting something unintelligible. Maximillian Veers blinked as his hearing returned to him. A sharp pain in his left leg forced him to cry out.

“...need to get out of here, fast! The fuel tanks ruptured, and the main power generators are leaking!”

“Sir, we need to get you out of here. Your leg is broken,” said a pilot, his helmet gone. The young man jammed a syringe into his commanding officer's leg and pushed the plunger. Veers felt that numbing pain fade away into a sort of dazed phantom.

Unable to form a coherent response, Veers felt himself behind pulled up. Cold air slapped him in the face, waking him up. The hatch of the cockpit was open, and they were pulling him out of the AT-AT, whose head was barely level with the ground. A tall jagged wall pitted with holes and chasms and caves was all that was left of the former battlefield. All around them were jagged spikes of ice, and a large number of snowy hills and repacked snow. There were cries for help everywhere. In the distance, he saw what had caused those seismic readings.

A large ship hung in the sky, still rising rising from underneath untold layers of rock and ice. It was still rising from the behind a great cloud of snow and steam, geysers of it shooting about in multiple places. The ship held a pair of sharply cut distinctive 'Y' shaped hulls, attached together with a massive heavily armored pylon in the center.

TIE Fighters and several Bombers screamed over head. A cloud of those droid fighters engaged them at once. TIEs exploded violently as dense rains made of blue tracers ripped them apart.

Another loud crack of ice splitting, and a plume of ice and snow shot up into the air from the distance, this time west.

If the fighters managed to get past the shield, it meant the generator had been destroyed! Even now, streams of green turbolasers had begun the piecemeal destruction of the Rebel Base. The 501st apparently landed and were placing beacons all over the base, allowing the Star Destroyers in orbit to pinpoint the bases and bombard the rebels. However, it seemed, they had paid dearly for their victory.

They were far enough from the downed AT-AT when it exploded. A wave of warmth hit his face as the remaining munitions cooked off one after another. Veers hobbled forwards, supported by two of the pilots. They were just rounding the corner of the a large pillar of ice when the sound of servos reached their ears. Quickly, he and the two pilots removed their SE-14r light repeating blasters from their holsters, quickly flicking off the safeties. The dull clunking drew closer. The source of the noise came right around the corner.

It some sort of bulky battle droid, looking like a humanoid cyclops covered in heavy armor with a distinctive silver sheen. In it's metal hands, a long rifle barked a staccato burst of gunfire. The slugthrower sent a co-pilot pivoting to the ground. Veers and the remaining pilot opened fire with their blaster pistols.

Two red bolts of energy struck the chest of the droid, crumpling the front. It's photoreceptor, a single roving red eye, focused on him and fired a burst from it's heavy slugthrower rifle. Pain blossomed from his knees as Veers nearly passed out. Focusing his concentration he ignored the pain and raised his pistol again. He and the remaining pilot continued firing at the battledroid, whose armor had holes and a crumpled front. Veers squeezed off another shot, which burst through the machine's visor and out the back of it's head. The battledroid crumpled to the ground, unmoving. Tendrils of smoke, and sparks crackled from the dead droid.

“Sir, your knees!” Cried the pilot, whose name Veers could not remember. The pilot was saying something else, but at the moment, he couldn't hear anything. He couldn't see anything for that matter...
Sign up to rate and review this story