Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You're Never Gonna Fit in Much Kid

Dead Roses

by SoQuicklyTheyFall 11 reviews

That's how I felt.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-03-17 - Updated: 2010-03-17 - 980 words

3Ambiance
"Hello?" came a light voice. Definitely not Gerard.

"Um...who's this" I asked

Who else could possibly be answering his phone?

My confusion was cleared when the voice replied, "Bridget..."


Have you ever seen a rose. A single red rose held in a vase. One that's tilted to one side, with its petals wilting. How the color seems to have been drained from it. It sags and droops but some how still manages not to completely keel over, until one day it just...dies.

That's how I felt.

"I'm a friend of Gerard's..." I could almost hear the smile in her words, "He's in the bathroom right now, may I ask who's calling?"

My eyes stung as tears threatened to escape. My mind was coming up with seemingly endless possibilities and explanations to why Bridget might be there. But I knew I was just fooling myself.

"Um, I think...I think I h-have the wrong number" I hung up the phone before she could reply.


The tears fell...


----


I dragged my feet along the cool, tiled floors as I approached the art room. I really, really didn't want to go to school to day but 'mother dearest' insisted that I was perfectly fine and had to go. Little does she know...

It was lunch time and most kids were in the cafeteria so the halls were pretty empty. I walked at an un-naturally slow pace as I made my way to class room. I knew I'd have to face him sooner or later, I just hope I can do it without bursting into tears.

I'm going to break up with him. I have to. I mean, we're just not working out anymore. He's just too old for me and it's a huge risk and now... Bridget. It's not like I could never compete with her.

I just can't believe I fell for him. I feel so stupid. I should have never even gotten involved with him. I should have never let him kiss me and I shouldn't have went to his house that night. But I did, I wanted to.

Now, I regret it.

I swear, my heart felt like it would burst. I twisted the knob and pushed the door open.

"Hey Gemma" he said from the back of the class. He was sorting some paint but quickly quit the task and made his way towards me. "I missed you today" he said grabbing both my hands. But when he leans in to kiss me, I turn away. His brows meet in confusion and he frowns a bit, "What's wrong?"

"We need to talk" I said simply.

"Um...okay" He guides me over to his desk. He sits on it and pats a space beside him for me to come and join him. I reluctantly sit down.

"What's up?" he asked

"Was Bridget at your apartment last night?"

I waste no time in getting to the point, that might make this easier.

He got that confused look on his face again, " Uh, yeah. How'd you know?"

There it is. That was the confirmation I needed to make sure it wasn't all just some crazy vivid dream, not that I thought it was.

"Gerard...I-I think we should break up"

His eyes widened at my words. He seemed hurt, stunned and angry all at the same time. His face flushed and his mouth opened slightly. He looked like he was going to cry.

"But, but why?" he asked biting his lip

"It's just not...going to work out. I mean, with our age difference and all. And Bridget..." I trailed off, feeling my own tears threaten to fall.

"What about Bridget" he asked, gazing at me. He seemed so sad.

"Gerard, I called you yesterday and she answered and- and I don't have to be a genius to figure out what's going on" I shouted

"Gemma I-"

"I'm leaving" I said, getting up off the desk. He grabbed me by my wrist before I could even make it to the door. I turned to face him

"There is nothing, going on between me and Bridget" he said, his eyes piercing into mine.

I wanted to believe him, but...I couldn't

"Then why was she at your house?"

"We're friends, sometimes we hang out outside of school" he said, stepping towards me, causing me to stepped back until I hit the wall, "I'm not even the slightest bit attracted to her, Gemma" He reached up to stroke my cheek.

And even though I'd spent the entire night convincing myself that it was over between us, that I would not let him talk his way out of it, the second I feel his lips on mine I surrender.

He placed his hands against the wall on either side of my as he deepened the kiss. Our bodies pressed up against each other, fitting together like a puzzle. He breaks away from the kiss and looks at me but my eyes immediately fall to his lips, begging for their taste again.

"Look Gemma, I didn't mean for this to happen. But I want you to know that Bridget and I have nothing going on. I'd never cheat on you... I love you, and I-" I silence him by putting a finger to his mouth.

"It's okay" I said before returning my lips to his.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was not an easy chapter to write. I re-did it several times. If you have the time, I'd like you to tell me whether you thought Gemma should have went through with the break up or stayed, like she did? I'd really appreciate it :)
...Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed it. Thanks so much for reading.
- Ally

P.S. The reviews for the last chapter made laugh. Thanks to all those who commented on that one, and I hope you didn't mind that it was Bridget.
Sign up to rate and review this story