Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Black Pawn

Proposal

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Anna shares her thoughts with Tsuzuki about Yumiko and Kirika. He and Hisoka take the case to the chief for reopening.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Hisoka,Tsuzuki - Published: 2010-03-24 - Updated: 2010-03-25 - 736 words - Complete

0Unrated


Chapter Two: Proposal:

The doorbell rang at seven in the morning. Anna hurried to the door and opened it a crack. Tsuzuki looked inside at her. The woman became overjoyed as she slid the door wide open.

“Tsuzuki,” the woman chirped, “You’re here!”

“Is something wrong?” he asked. Anna’s face changed to a somber look.

“I think grandma killed someone dear to papa,” she said. The Shinigami looked at her puzzled.

“Who?” he asked.

“Come with me,” she whispered. Anna turned and went down the hall with Tsuzuki following behind. They came into her room. Daisuke’s office looked more like her space. Before, Anna still had everything still packed up with only her personal photos were on the wall. Now, the woman had unpacked some. Tsuzuki couldn’t help but to smile. At least, she was planning to stay in Japan until…

“Tsuzuki,” a voice spoke up. The Shinigami came back to earth. Anna stood in front of him with a serious look on her face.

“Yeah?” the Shinigami asked quickly.

“Do you remember the Kimoto Yumiko and Kirika cases?” Anna asked. Tsuzuki kept eyes on her.

“Yes, why?” he replied. The woman turned away and booted up her laptop. Once her computer came up, Anna logged in and clicked on Foxfire. She pulled up the bookmarked police report. Tsuzuki read it quietly and turned back to Anna. She looked at him seriously.

“I think grandma killed my aunts that year,” she said in a trembling voice. Tsuzuki looked at her confused.

“Why?” he asked.

“Same reason she had papa killed,” she replied, “She wanted their kitsune!”

“Okay, saying that is true,” Tsuzuki reasoned, “We didn’t see any burn marks on the bodies. Come to think of it, the bodies were never found.”

“Exactly,” Anna added, “She killed them and did something with the bodies.” Tsuzuki looked uneasy about this theory. Anna noticed his face.

“Look,” she said, “Do you guys miss any souls in ’82? Think hard! This is really important for me!” Tsuzuki thought about it for a moment.

“I can’t remember off of the top of my head,” he replied. Anna grabbed at his coat desperately. The Shinigami was caught off guard be such sudden movements.

“Please Tsuzuki,” the woman pleaded, “Grandma killed papa! She might have killed my aunts! I can’t let her get away with that! I just… I just can’t!” Anna went quiet as Tsuzuki shushed her. The Shinigami gave her a little smile.

“I’ll see what I can do,” he whispered. Anna looked at him with big eyes. She was about to speak again, but Tsuzuki covered her mouth softly.

“I will see to it,” he insisted, “But you’re got to stay calm in return okay?” Tsuzuki wasn’t lying; she could see it in his eyes. The woman knew that she was in good hands with him. Anna nodded as she pressed her lips together. Tsuzuki slowly lowered his hand from her mouth and took her hands. Anna’s eyes pleaded for justice. They pushed Tsuzuki into the hole even deeper.

“Dig up the Kimoto Yumiko and Kirika cases?” Konoe asked at Ju-Cho-Oh in shock.

“Please sir,” Tsuzuki pleaded, “This could be crucial to the case!”

“On what grounds?” the boss asked.

“Haruka might have killed her daughters for their kitsune,” Hisoka reasoned. Tsuzuki looked at him in surprise. His partner was originally against this idea.

“This will get you into more trouble,” Hisoka warned the older Shinigami.

“But what if she’s right?” Tsuzuki asked.

“Do you have any proof?” Hisoka asked. The older Shinigami looked at him with a blank stare. Hisoka sighed and shook his head.

“You idiot,” he mumbled to him. However after some begging and pleading, the boy finally agreed to back him up on the proposal. Konoe raised an eyebrow at him.

“Do you have any proof?” he asked.

“Not at this very moment,” Hisoka replied, “But we would like to rule out any other possibilities by at least looking over the case files.” Konoe looked them stoically.

“Forty-eight hours,” he said. “That is all you get!”

“Thank you sir,” Tsuzuki replied. They bowed at the boss before leaving his office. The boys didn’t speak as they went to the library. Hisoka kept his eyes on his partner the whole time.

/I hope to heaven you’re right about this, Tsuzuki!/, he thought.
Sign up to rate and review this story