Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Feathers

Wedding Bells and Brewing Emotions

by underthesky 0 reviews

Naruto Uzumaki is slowly dying inside. His life spirling down the drain. Of course that meant that Iruka had to send him to a therapist. Kukuku...poor Naruto didn't know that Sasuke Uchiha would be...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Naruto,Sasuke - Published: 2010-03-27 - Updated: 2010-03-27 - 810 words

0Unrated
Chapter Five

The two of us sat silently on my couches, a bowl of unfinished noodles sitting on the table in the middle of us. My eyes appraised his apparel; a sleek black coat covering a wool sweater that hugged his body and a pair of dark wash jeans. Compared to his look, my ratty shirt and jeans paled in comparison.

He was the first to break in the uncomfortable silence, his dark eyes flashing angrily. "Do you," he spoke slowly, deliberately, "Do you, realize, that I should be helping plan Shikamaru and Sakura's wedding shower right now?" I gulped, deathly pale. In truth, I had actually forgotten that the two of them were getting married.

I cleared my throat nervously. "Uhh...Well they also have TenTen and Lee, Neji and Gaara, Temari and Kiba, Ino and Chouji, as well as countless others to help, you know?" I said as I counted the names off on my fingers. "So it isn't that much of a deal...Besides I already apologized!! It's not like I want you to be here!"

The dark haired man leaned all the way forward, suddenly growling. "She's my fucking best friend, don't you think I should be there with her?! And it's not like I have a choice it's my job damn it!"

Flinching, I tried not to cower so much. "S-so go back!" I snapped back softly "Besides, the groom is my best friend! Unless you've forgotten, I'm his best man! And Sakura's my friend as well as yours!"

Sasuke smirked, "So why aren't you there?"

Gulping I turned my head, too afraid to tell the truth. "I...I just didn't want them to have to worry about me anymore." His face had immediately softened, which believe me, really surprised me.

He reached over and took my hand. "But you know, but not showing up you're making them worry even more, alright? Before I left, Shika was worrying about you, wondering what happened that you weren't able to make the planning session."

I looked up to see his face, suddenly feeling like I was too young, too naive, and too drunk-like to realize how much I'll probably need him in the future. I suddenly felt like if this was a story and I was the narrator, this would probably be the part I feel in love, or at least started too. So should I? Should just lean closer, enclose his lips with mine? I slowly closed my eyes, leaning towards him also, only a few centimetres from his soft lips. Su labios... (i) So close, so very close...His eyes too started to close, and suddenly there was only a breathing distance....

But just as our lips brushed, he stood up suddenly, marring my fall forward. Sasuke stood up firmly, his pose suddenly businesslike. "So," He said dryly, checking his watch. "Your regular time is up, so I'm going to go now, or do you want to try and molest me?"

I gasped quietly. "You bastard!" I shut my eyes tightly. "Just...go! Okay?! Just leave me alone!!!" He just gave me a small sneer and walked out of the room.

"I don't understand!" I groaned quietly."What's wrong with him? He was also leaning in for the kill, what happened?" Frowning, I shook my head, trying to get the thoughts of that bastard out of my head. After aimlessly walking around my kitchen, putting things away, I decided to aim my confusion at some dummies and train.

Once I got to the unhabitated forest, I finally took off my henge, releasing the version of me that let the nine-tailed fox run undaunted in the blood of my veins. I flexed my arms, letting my black streaked hair go free; my red eyes narrow at the straw dummy in front of me. I released my claws, and took a striking pose, ready for attack. Hold, aim, strike. I readied myself...and struck.

In one move, my claws ripped through the dummy, its straw contents spewing out of the gash. I smirked to myself, realizing that if it was a real human, it'd be dead before it even saw my face. But I still wasn't ready for him!

I had to do everything and anything to get stronger. So that I could not only get my aniki, my hermano (ii), my brother back, I would also be able to save the village, possibly all the villages. But to do that I have to get better, always better. I had to be able to be the best I could!

This is why I was going to have to skip all my therapy sessions. What? I need all the time I can get to train! ...and no, it has NOTHING to do with that bastard Uchiha.

...

...

Well, maybe it had a little bit to do with it.

------
Sign up to rate and review this story