Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Backstabber

What's With The Fucking Sun

by Dr-Giggles 5 reviews

Frank does his best to make her smile.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2010-04-03 - Updated: 2010-04-03 - 1680 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Eve sat in the hospital chair next to where her father was lying and had been lying for a number of days. Eve had lost count completely. She hardly slept, she’d barely left the room unless she needed a drink or had to use the bathroom. Other than that, she never left the chair next to her father. Frank came and sat with her whenever he could. They rarely talked. Eve would just sit in the chair and Frank would sit in the one next to her and hold her hand and perhaps occasionally kiss her check, reminding her how much he loved her. She always responded with a smile in his direction and that was enough for Frank to know she loved him too.

Frank understood how worried she was about her dad. The doctors, of course, found out about her dad’s problem and took immediate action. She’d been lectured god knows how many times about how stupid they thought she was for keeping her dad away from medical help like that. Frank was just about ready to punch them all when they called her stupid. They all assumed she was clueless, stupid teenager, but Frank knew better. They didn’t know how strong Eve had been for her father or how much she’d endured to keep him happy.

The rest of the guys had now found out about everything that happened with Eve and they were more than supportive. They occasionally visited Eve’s room, but Frank was the most frequent.

Since that night, the doctors took Eve’s father and took care of the wounds he inflicted on himself and then proceeded to perform a hasty operation on her father’s brain. Eve begged them not to because she thought it was too dangerous, but they didn’t listen because they were far too judgmental. So, the operation went on and her father came out alive. Now, all Eve had to do was sit and wait for when he woke up and then find out what he’d be like when he woke up.

It was just like any other day. Eve was sitting by her father’s side watching him and waiting. At around 3pm, Frank walked in the door and took his usual seat next to Eve after giving her cheek a quick kiss. She smiled, as always. They sat in silence, as always. But not as always, Eve broke the silence.

“Frank?” she asked.

“Y-yeah?” he stuttered, surprised at her talking for once.

“Why do bad things happen to good people?”

Frank didn’t quite know how to answer the question. It was like an innocent five year-old asking why their older brother had told them Santa wasn’t real, “I don’t know, but it really isn’t fair,” He finally said as he grabbed her hand.

She smiled a sad smile. “Why did this have to happen to him? It’s not his fault.”

“I know it isn’t, Eve. I know. But he’s gonna get better. He’s recovering as we speak. When he wakes up, who knows. Maybe he won’t have to deal with forgetting things anymore. Everything will be fine.”

She shook her head, “Then what? He’ll still have to deal with the memories of everything forgetting made him do. He’ll hate himself like he did the night this started. He hated his reflection in the mirror, so what did he do? He tried to destroy it…He always tries to destroy it.”

Frank didn’t know what else to say so he pulled Eve up from where she was sitting and pulled her onto his lap where she cuddled up against him and he cradled her, softly.

“I love you, Frankie.”

“I love you too.”

They stayed there in silence once more until Eve fell asleep in his arms. It was a few hours before she woke up again. By then it was already 6:30pm.

“Hey.” Frank smiled at her yawning face. He thought she looked adorable.

“Hello there.” she replied.

“Look, I have to go, but, listen, you’ve been staying here a lot and I think you need some fresh air from it all. So, why don’t you stay at my house tonight?”

“Frankie, no. What if he wakes up?”

“You’ll be the first one they’ll call and when they do that, my parents won’t hesitate in driving you over. Please, Eve. I’m so worried about you.”

“I don’t know…”

“Please. Just for tonight?”

She sighed in defeat. “Fine. Okay.”

“Good. C’mon let’s go.”

*

Later that night, Eve was sitting with Frank in his bedroom. She hadn’t spoken much since they left the hospital. Eve thought his parents were nice. Though, they seemed overly nice to her, considering her situation. Frank’s mother wouldn’t stop smiling and making sure that Eve was as comfortable as she could possibly be. Frank kept apologising for his parents being so overwhelmingly kind, but Eve just smiled and told him it was fine. As the two of them sat at the edge of Frank’s bed, Eve kept eyeing a picture that was stuck on Frank’s wall.

“Where is that?” she asked.

Frank followed her gaze to the picture she was staring at. It was a park, though, he had no idea where it was because his parents had taken the picture when he was a small child. The picture showed this park and the green grass that surrounded it. In the middle of the picture there was a jungle gym with different sized platforms at different heights. Behind it was a set of swings and a slide. It wasn’t taken on a sunny day, though. The weather was dark and the mass amount of rain that had been falling at the time was evident in the photo.

“It’s a park my parents took me to when I was little,” Frank replied, “Why?”

Eve smiled at him, “I like it. Where is it?”

“I can’t remember. It’s somewhere around something.”

“That narrows it down,” She grinned, “I dunno. You reckon you can find out where it is? It looks like…I don’t know, but I really wanna go there.”

Frank giggled at her. She was acting like a little kid and he thought it was adorable, “Sure. But you’re acting as though you’ve never been to a park before.”

“I haven’t.”

“Oh…really?”

“Yeah. I grew up in this weird town. Kinda dodgy. So, I didn’t really get a chance to do the whole ‘trips to the park with your parents’ thing.”

“So, you came from a dodgy place in Australia to come to Jersey? Note: Jersey is the dodgiest of the dodgy,” Frank laughed.

“Shut up,” Eve giggled. “We didn’t know it was dodgy before we moved...Actually, I might love that picture so much because of the weather.”

“The weather?”

“Yeah. Rainy weather is the best. The sun is just too hot and too bright and…just. No. What’s with the fucking sun?”

"You say the most intelligent things."

“Let’s see you do better,” She teased.

“Okay.” Frank said as he grabbed her face and crushed his lips against hers. Eve smiled into the kiss as she moved her lips against his. They hadn’t really gotten a chance to kiss like this before. Frank didn’t waste any time in including his tongue and neither did Eve. As they continued to make-out Frank slowly pushed Eve so she was lying on her back and he was on top of her.

Frank threaded his fingers through her hair and used his other hand to stroke her neck. Eve groaned softly against his mouth, wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled him closer. Frank smiled, and bit her lower lip a little, earning a giggle from her.

It wasn’t until Eve had felt Frank slowly pushing her shirt upwards that she broke the kiss, “No, wait. Frank, don't.”

Frank stopped, “You okay?”

“N-no. Just don’t, please. I’m ugly. Just…don’t.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Nothing. Just, please?" Eve stuttered, "I'm not, like, comfortab--"

"Shit, Eve. I'm sorry," Frank got off of her, and pulled her into a hug, "I promise, I'd never do anything you don't want to do."

"It's okay," Eve said, "I know you won't. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. You didn't do anything."

"I know. I just--"

"No. Shush," Frank said, and silenced her with a kiss.

Eve grinned up at him and lay her head on his shoulder.

The two of them sat in silence once more. Eve’s eyes were fixated on the picture again and Frank’s eyes were fixated on Eve. She looked rather fascinated with the picture. After a while of silence, she spoke again.

“Imagine if you could put an epic amp on one of those platforms at the bottom then stand on the top one with an electric guitar attached and just play whatever you want as loud as possible. How awesome would that be?”

“Hey…It would. We should totally do that sometime.”

“Fuck yeah,” Eve said so loud that she covered her mouth, in case one of Frank’s parents had heard her outburst. Frank laughed at her paranoia and she shoved him off the bed. When he fell onto the floor it didn’t make a very pleasant sound.

“Ow," He groaned as he lay on the floor because he simply couldn’t be bothered getting back up.

Eve, however, thought she’d really hurt him.

“Oh, my gosh! Are you okay? I’m sorry,” She quickly rushed to his side on the floor.

“What? Yes. Calm down, Eve. Geeze,” Frank smiled at her.

“I thought I hurt you. Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Hmm. You could kiss me better?” Frank smirked.

“You’re a loser,” Eve smirked back, rolling her eyes.

“You love it.”

“Yes, yes I do.”
Sign up to rate and review this story