Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Fawns on Hunters' Lawns

Chapter. 06

by noregretrn23 1 review

R for swearing and stuff. We find out what happened between Joe and Tegan, and an insight into Tegan's emotions. Read & Review! :)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance,Sci-fi - Published: 2010-04-04 - Updated: 2010-04-05 - 880 words

1Ambiance
That night me and Gabe sat in his bed, talking about what happened.

"I don't trust him Gabe, I don't." I folded my arms.

"Nat, relax. He made a novice mistake. Everyone makes that mistake. I did once too."

I frowned. He wasn't supposed to make mistakes. He seemed so perfect.

"But she's dead out there Gabe."

"Some mistakes hurt more than others." He wrapped an arm around me and sighed.

"I'll be right back," I got up and started for the kitchen. "I have someone to talk to."

Gabe looked disappointed as I left the room and slowly walked towards the kitchen. Tegan was still unmoving and dead, and Joe was just sitting there, watching.

"That's not creepy at all." I made sure to be extra sarcastic.

He looked up and rolled his eyes.

"Look, I want to talk to you."

"Why do you want to talk to me? What about?"

I motioned to the dead body on the island dramatically.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

I took a seat across from him and started my interrogation.

"What were you guys fighting about?"

"The past."

"No shit, sherlock. What about it?"

"Just why she left me so suddenly."

"What'd she say?"

"I never got to find out.." He trailed off, staring at his hands again.

"Why do you keep doing that?" I shuddered, creeped out.

"Why do you think?"

The look on his face got dark, really dark. He never gave an answer, and frankly, with that
look, I wasn't looking for one.

"Can you tell me what the last thing she said was?"

He shrugged.

"I might as well tell you the whole thing then."

I nodded and made myself comfortable.

"Please do."



It was weird to feel dead. But what was weirder was that I couldn't stop playing what happened over and over.

"Joe, look, I want to talk about before." I was nervous. I could feel my voice shake.

"Tegan, it's over and done with."

"No. I want to apologize."

"For what?"

He looked at me with narrowed eyes.

"For not giving you a reason why I left. For not saying goodbye like I should've. For shutting you out when I should've let you in."

"I don't want your apology Tegan."

I folded my arms. Here I was, extending a holly branch, and he was basically spitting in my face.

"Why not Joseph?"

"Because your apology means nothing to me. It doesn't cover up the pain you gave me."

I sighed loudly, rubbing my temples. I had a headache.

"Do you honestly know why I left? Or the pain I had to go through? The pain I still go through?"

I felt anger bubble up inside of me. He stayed quiet.

"Of course you don't. You never fucking cared. As soon as I left, did you try to find me? No!
Pete visited me every Saturday after I did. Andy came. Patrick did too. Where were you Joe? Huh?"

I walked up to him.

"Do you know where I was Joe? Hmm? Do you? I was in a fucking mental hospital. The looney bin, dear Joey. The fucking looney bin."

He looked at me now, surprise all over his face.

"Pete never told me you were-"

"You never asked him. I would always ask Pete when you were coming. Every time he came. He told me you didn't even know where I was. Joe, I needed you more than ever there. You have no idea what I was going through. No. Fucking. Clue. And it would've been nice if the person who claims that he loved me would be there."

Joe sighed and we looked at each other with tired looks. Where did we go wrong? We were once best friends, inseparable, then this turned everything upside-down.

"Tegan, I'm sorry. I really didn't know-"

"Of course you didn't know, you didn't bother to care."

I stormed down the stairs and out into the street. How dare he apologize now, after claiming mine was bullshit? I screamed.

"Tegan, get back here! You're going to get hurt!" Joe stumbled out of the apartment and jogged behind me.

He grabbed my shoulder and I turned around and slugged him, right in the mouth.

"Don't touch me ever again."

I watched as his expression turn from surprised and hurt to anger. His eyes were redder than blood and he snarled. I backed up and ran around him back towards the apartment.

"Gabe! Sophie! Help!"

Scrambling up the stairs, I screamed and clawed my way past rats. I tripped and smacked my head against a step and I blacked out.


What was happening to me?



"-and after I saw her on the stairs, I can't remember what happened. All I remember is blinking and looking down at her."

Joe's face was unreadable. I got up and headed back into bed with Gabe. I was creeped out enough for the night.

"So, how'd it go?" Gabe opened one eye and looked over at me.

"I don't even want to talk about it. Let's just sleep." I yawned and rested my head on his shoulder. It was nice to be happy with a man, finally, after all I've been through.

[AN: Sorry I've been away for forever, but school and stuff just gets too much sometimes!]
Sign up to rate and review this story