Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

The Boys You Left Are Men You Didn't Raise

by mcr_girl_13 0 reviews

*one-shot* based off of the song The Day I Left The Womb by Escape The Fate. Gerard's POV

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-04-24 - Updated: 2010-04-25 - 886 words - Complete

0Unrated
June 2006


I'm sitting here thinking about her. She screwed up everything. Me. Mikey. Dad. 20 fucking years ago you left. Where is my mom now? I don't know. I wish I did. When she left, she took a piece of me away. I can hardly even remember her now. I used to be able to remind myself of the smell of her perfume, how she looked when she rarely smiled. Now I can hardly remember anything about her. All I have is that little piece I took of her when I was born.

Today was a hard day for Mikey and me. The anniversary of the day our mom left and the day our dad died. I knew I needed to go see him. He and his wife were super happy together, and she had twins on the way. But Mikey had issues. He was bipolar. It has him depressed. He's in drugs right now. I keep trying to help him, but he won't listen to me. I promised I wouldn't tell his wife, but that's getting harder everyday. I needed to visit him now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

I took out my key to Mikey's house and unlocked the door. I normally wouldn't have, but I knew Alicia was with her friends today. I went into the living room, seeing something that made me practically relive my past. I sighed. "Mikey, put the needle down." I couldn't stand needles, but I needed to help him. I set it on the table and then took the bandana off of his arm. Mikey started crying.

"I-I'm s-so sorry Gee. I needed to. I just, Mom... and Dad, I-" he stopped there, sobbing into my shoulder. I hated seeing Mikey like this. Maybe this was how he felt when I went through this around a year ago. I felt guilty for it now. I lifted Mikey’s head off of my shoulder and looked at him arms length away.

"Mikey, hey. Look at me." He looked up at me, tears streaming down his face. I felt bad for him. "You have so much tied to this town. I think you need to move. Not that I dont love you here but, I think you just need to need to leave this town. It's not good for you. With you being bipolar and Mom leaving from this town and Dad dying here and it not being safe... And think about it! You have twins on the way! You wanna give them the best, right? This isn't the best part of Jersey, especially for kids. I'm not saying you have to, but think about it. Maybe you'll even end up seeing Mom."

Mikey smiled. "Ha. Yeah. Maybe. I'll think about it, okay Gee?"

"Okay," I hugged Mikey then walked to the door. "Maybe if you see Mom, tell her i CAN sing. I have been able to ever since I was Peter Pan." I smiled and Mikey laughed. Mom always said singing was something I couldn't do. Well, I am the lead singer of a rock band... I'm glad I can prove her wrong now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was on my way to the cemetery now. I had gone to get some flowers to take with me. I parked outside the gate and walked in. I walked to my dad's grave and kneeled down and placed the flowers on top of the grave. Everytime I was here, I felt like I was 10 years old again. I was already crying. "Hi daddy. How are you?" I stared at the tombstone, wishing that by some miracle, he would answer. He didn't, so I continued. "Me and Mikey are working on a new album for our band. We're getting pretty big. It's amazing. I wish you could see it. You would be proud of us. I mean, you were our big inspiration. You raised us all by yourself! I mean, you were amazing. Everything you've seen and been throguh. You did so much for us. All by yourself, you raised us, fed us, and everything. God, you were everything to me and Mikey. But don't worry, we are doing fine. Mikey's wife Alicia is having twins soon," I smiled. "Mikey has a bipolar disorder and got into drugs, but I'm helping him. Sorry you aren't here anymore. I hate whoever that drunk driver was. That's why I stopped drinking. For you." It started raining, mixing with my heavy tears, telling me that I needed to leave now. "I gotta go, Dad. I miss you and love you."

I ran back to my car, it was raining even harder now. Once I got in, I looked up at the sky. "Mom, you don't worry either. I AM doing good. But you wouldn't know, your too busy doing something else. I don't really miss you. We aren't 'your boys' and we might as well not have ever been. I'm don't love you." She was nothing to me.



okay, pretty sure that wasn't my best work... but oh well. not my best ending either... ANYWAY. this was based on the song The Day I Left The Womb by Escape The Fate. it's one of my favorite songs and its absolutely amazing. even if this wasnt very good, plz Rate & Review so i get a better idea of what i should fix!

xoxo
madi
Sign up to rate and review this story