Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Phoenix Eclipse

CH1: The Suha Siblings

by Spyridon 4 reviews

When he was 10, Harry Potter was declared a Death Eater by his family. 5 years later, he has returned but is he willing to join in the war to help the brother who turned on him? Wrong BWL theme;

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Dumbledore,Ginny,Harry,James,Lily,Voldemort - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-04-25 - Updated: 2011-01-05 - 2440 words

5Original
Chapter One- The Suha Siblings

Shyamal Suha silently guided his Seraphina mount toward the ancient home where he, his younger twin brothers, and his sister had been staying for over four years, ever since he had been deemed a Death Eater by the wizarding world and his younger siblings dead. He sighed into the cold Carpathian air, his breath a white mist. That night, the illusion of home with the Potters had forever been shattered, a thousand fragments of silver glass that slipped between his innocent child fingers.

He had led his wounded brothers and sister away from the murderous hunting party toward the coast. Shyamal would have died that night if it hadn't been for the black phoenix that had found them huddling on the edges of a cliff, trying desperately to stay warm in the unusually cold August night. One minute, Shyamal had been staring at the deadly silver face of the moon that hung in the sky above them when the phoenix had appeared, a ghostly apparition. At first, he thought he was hallucinating but the soft brushes of the feathers snapped him out of the daze. When the phoenix had widened her tail plume in invitation, he had his siblings take a feather, placing his trust in the magical creature. With a flash of black fire, they had appeared before the King of the Blood Elves.

Shaken and wary, Shyamal had asked for help for his brothers before passing out.

The flaming hooves of his mount clattered onto the paved stones of the main street of the ancient Elven city, the royal palace appearing out from the cold mist of the mornings. As he rode on by, the early risers waved at him from their chores. Around him, the Blood trees rose high above him, their red leaves creating a dark red canopy above him, casting clear red shadows on the silvery white trunks. Nestled among the growth lay the ancestral homes of the Elves themselves, hidden from prying eyes while on the ground, stood the marble buildings used for visitors.

The next morning after their appearance, they were taken in by the daughter of the King and given new names.

That day Harry James Potter, Alexander Julian Potter, Daniel Jonathon Potter, and Evangeline Potter ceased to exist.

In their stead, only the Suha siblings stood; Shyamal the eldest, the werewolf twins Cosmas and Damian, and Hala, the feisty sister.

Shyamal reined in the Seraphina as he neared the royal stables, wondering if his brothers and sister were awake yet. Dismounting, he handed the reins over to the Elven worker waiting off to the side.

"King Shahriar is waiting for you in the study, young Shyamal."

"Thanks Aeolfwe." The Royal palace of the Blood Elves was not as great as the ones built by the humans in the ages past but it was no less grand. Carved deep into the mountains itself with magic and the hands of the Elves, the palace was a natural beauty. Halls stretched with high windows allowing the sunlight to filter into the palace, gardens placed strategically to keep the feel of the Earth all around. The natural rivers were preserved as they ran toward the Mures River that wove its way through the Carpathian passes and Magical Romania to the Dead Sea. At first, Shyamal had been surprised when he had stepped out from his assigned room to see a large garden with a waterfall at one end and a second one at the other. Almost five years living here had him calling it home now.

Passing through the Main Hall, he walked to the study. Opening the oak doors, he noticed his siblings and the Royal family was there. Giving a brief bow to the King as was custom, he moved to the seat next to Cosmas.

The King wasted no time. "No doubt, Shyamal, you are wondering why you have been summoned here from your training with Master Miroslav but the matter at hand cannot be ignored further." King Shahriar leaned forward, his golden eyes boring into Shyamal's emerald ones. "We have tried to keep up to date on the dealings between the Ministries of the Wizards and we have learned there are rumors that Lord Voldemort has returned to his corporal body."

Shyamal's fingers tightened on the armrests of the chair. "My brother-"

"He has not been harmed except for the small wound Pettigrew placed on him when gathering the blood necessary for Voldemort's return." Shahriar stated quietly. "Alas, it is not the only troubling news however. Despite warnings from the Potters, Headmaster Dumbledore, and the various members of the Order of the Phoenix, Minister Fudge is refusing the claim of the Dark Lord's return."

Damian and Cosmas started to sputter angrily but Shyamal raised a hand, giving a warning with his look. "Sorry, Master Shahriar."

The Blood Elf King smiled lightly. "I must agree with your brothers on this. Voldemort will no doubt use the time the Ministry has given him to gather his forces that have scattered these past fifteen years. Already, the Headmaster at Durmstrang has fled his post as he was a known Death Eater."

Shyamal raked a hand through his raven hair, feeling a headache coming on. "There's a reason why you are telling us this, isn't there, Master Shahriar?"

Akane Siofra, the Crown Princess spoke up, her amber eyes cast in shadow. "Despite what they have done to you and your brothers, Shyamal, we know you still care for your parents and your older brother." The female Elf saw the disbelieving look on Shyamal's face. "Why else have you trained in arts of war? Why else have you made sure you knew how to disarm an opponent and shield others to the best of your protection?" Her eyes drifted to the twins. "Why else have you learned how to heal a torn body?" To Hala who was sitting quietly in the crook of Damian's arm. "Why else have you stayed together and learned magic and knowledge no child your age would ever be interested in?"

"They will be suspicious of us we just suddenly appeared at Hogwarts asking for a spot in their classes." Damian stated quietly, his usual go-lucky demeanor missing.

"The new Headmaster of Durmstrang once lived with us for a number of years with his family. There is no doubt in my mind he will do this as a favor to us. All he needs is to test you first to see where your skills would land to be able to forge documents of your education at Durmstrang. The reason is you know that Hogwarts will be safe from any attack from Voldemort. Even now, Durmstrang and Beauxbatons are in danger of being attacked."

"Because the only man Voldemort ever feared was Dumbledore." Shyamal said softly, gave on the ground. "Hogwarts is the only place he will never fully attack with his forces unless he knows for certain that he can take it." He leaned forward, his elbows resting on his knees as he rubbed at his face. "There's a risk the students will find out about Cosmas and Damian. I will not risk their wellbeing."

The twins gave a huff of annoyance. Cosmas turned to Shyamal. "You know that Dumbledore once hid Lupin's identity as a werewolf from the students. The only person to ever find out about that was Snape because Black wanted to get back at him."

"That was one werewolf. And there's also the fact that I'm a Dark wizard." Shyamal had known that his greatest strength came from using the Dark magics and he would do anything to protect his siblings. Oh, he could use the Lighter magics but they were not as strong as the Dark spells and curses. Shyamal thought that was because the only love he ever felt was for his siblings and to some extent the Elves that had given them shelter but no one else. "Any sign of Dark magic and they will instantly jump on me. Thankfully, none of you are Dark."

"Come on, Sham, you know that being Dark doesn't make one evil." Damian said.

Cosmas leaned toward his twin. "Tell that to the stuck up wankers at the ministry."

"True, true."

"What say you, Shyamal?"

"I don't know. I want to keep my family safe here." Shyamal was torn; Akane was right. He wanted to keep his families safe on both sides of the English Channel but the dark memories in his mind had him wanting to keep his siblings safe, even from the Potters.

"Shyamal." Everyone looked at Hala whose eyes were focused on her brothers. "It's been a long time and a dark road but they are still family. You know Akane was right. Even though they neglected us and harmed you, they are still family. Edward needs us. Now more than ever as the world will turn on him."

"Five years is a long time, Shyamal. " Cosmas added. "They could have changed." Damian didn't say anything but he could see the pleading look in his brown eyes.

"Alright we'll go."

Shahriar nodded. "I will send word to Headmaster Irfan to create the documents. He will come here to go over them so you will know what is on them. The year will start in about two weeks from now so you will not have to leave for Magical London until one week from now."

"What will we do about the wizard money?"

King Shahriar waved it off. "I'm sure you'll be able to exchange the few gems you have found for money. Considering they came off the homelands of the Blood Elves, they will cost an even prettier penny."

"Perhaps we should also have Headmaster Irfan speak with Dumbledore about their mounts." Shyamal knew Akane was referring to the four Seraphina they had trained since they were twelve years old. Hala had just started training with Aysu, the young female Seraphina she had created a Rider's bond with. "Since they will not allow any other being to ride them, they are yours until they choose another rider. As such, they will follow you to Hogwarts so it would be best if we find lodging for them. I hear their Gamekeeper is also their Care of Magical Creatures teacher and is very good at his job."

King Shahriar smiled at them. "Akane and I will handle as much as we can but no doubt you will have to be there when Irfan comes to check over the documents. Do you still have questions?" The four heads shook. "I'm sure Hala needs to get back to her Rider training with Master Eachann. Shyamal, you can report back to Master Miroslav. Cosmas and Damian, I hear the session with Master Pryderi is cancelled as he has been called to the Southern Borders to care for Owain as he has been wounded." Owain was the second eldest in the Siofra family, born five years after Akane.

All of them stood up, bowing to the King before leaving. The four siblings walked back to the stables to get their mounts.

"Five years and we're heading back to the wizarding world. I wonder if it's changed much." Damian said, crossing his arms behind his head. "I know for a fact the brooms must have gotten faster. The last model was the Aero 98 wasn't it?"

"We should get the latest broom on the market." Cosmas nodded, glancing at Shyamal.

A smirk appeared on their older brother's face. "We first have to make sure how much we have. We don't know how long we'll be at Hogwarts and I don't want to go broke. But I agree, if we have the money, we're buying the brooms."

"Boys and their Quidditch." Hala said, tucking a strand of her red hair behind her ear. "Can't even wait to leave the palace and you're already talking about the game."

Cosmas poked her in her side. "Don't even try it Hala. We know you like playing Quidditch with us."

The red hair girl batted the finger away. "I'm not obsessed with it like you are." She huffed when Cosmas poked her again. "Don't make me hex the living day lights out of you."

Shyamal rolled his eyes as he walked up to Aeolfwe who was standing there with the four Seraphinas. "I need to find out how you know when we're about to ride."

The Blood Elf winked at him. "You will never find out, young one."

Hala mounted her white Seraphina with a light blue fire-mane and tail. "I'll see you guys tonight." She dug her heels into the horse into a trot, guiding it south toward the meadows where the main force of the Seraphina Riders were. Shyamal turned to see Cosmas and Damian already on their identical golden Seraphinas with black fire-manes.

"Are you coming with me to the training grounds?"

"Sure if just to watch Master Miroslav kick your bloody arse." Damian grinned as Shyamal got on his black Seraphina with a green fire-mane and tail.

Cosmas steered his mount to the West, leading the group. "Do you think they'll let us take the Elven armor they gave us? I wonder if they'll let us take a keg of their mead."

Shyamal blocked out his brothers' animated discussion of the things they'll be able to take to Hogwarts. Behind them, the sun was already riding the mountain tops, the blazing orb sending it's warmth through the valley. But none of it touched the sudden chill inside of Shyamal.

They were heading back to the world that had turned on them. The Blood trees gave way to oak, maple, hornbeam, elm, birch, and pine. Maybe Hala was right and Edward did change from the superiority complex he had as the Boy-Who-Lived and became more of a human being. Unconsciously, Shyamal rubbed the back of his neck, knowing under his clothing lay the remnants of the first ten years of his life. Five years. Edward would be in his fifth year at Hogwarts.

The two golden Seraphinas snorted as they started galloping, the twins laughing and throwing barbs at each other as they raced to the training ground. Holding the reins tightly, Shyamal followed them, the thudding of the dozens hooves familiar in his ears as was the sight of the green fire-mane whipping in front of his face. As the path curved to follow one of the numerous tributaries feeding the Mures River, the thought of meeting his parents again flickered like a reviving butterfly in his stomach.

And just like a collector using ethyl acetate, he immediately crushed that feeling.
Sign up to rate and review this story