Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Between The Lines

by IndigoNight 0 reviews

Some words don't always mean what they sound like.

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Abarai Renji,Kuchiki Byakuya - Published: 2010-04-27 - Updated: 2010-04-27 - 444 words - Complete

0Unrated
Title: Between The Lines

Author: IndigoNight

Summary: Some words don't always mean what they sound like.

Feedback: Yes please, YAY reviews!

Pairings: RenjixByakuya

Disclaimer: I do not own Bleach or the characters I'm just borrowing them for fun.

Spoilers: Nope

Rating: PG

Warnings: Slash, don't like, don't read.

Author's Note: So, just a little fluffiness. This is a companion to my other fic Louder Than Words. They can be read completely independently, but I suggest reading (and reviewing) them both, with Louder Than Words first. But again, it doesn't really matter. So, Read, Review,

Enjoy!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abarai Renji was about the farthest thing from shy that had ever graced the face of the earth, or Soul Society. Byakuya knew that. That was why Renji's constant brash comments didn't annoy him in the least. Far from it, he found them quite endearing.

Renji didn't get along with many people. Byakuya hadn't liked him at first himself. But that was because most people didn't stick around long enough to learn Renji's language.

Renji's language was not something that Byakuya understood easily. It took him a very long time to figure it out, but once he had, he understood perfectly everything Renji wasn't saying.

Like, when Renji loudly complained about what a pain paperwork was, he really meant, "I'd much rather be focusing on you." Or when he demanded to know, "Why the hell are you late? It's hot as hell out here," what he was actually saying was, "I was beginning to worry." When he would snort and turn his face away in seeming annoyance, he was really blushing and saying, "You're welcome." And when he buried his face in the pillow and grumbled incoherently, he was saying, "I don't want to leave your arms."

The only thing Renji ever said that didn't seem to need interrupting, were those three small words. And when he'd first said them, perhaps that was all they were. But as time went on, "I love you" took on new meanings. It went from, "You're amazing," to, "Don't you dare ever leave me," to, "You are my life," finally, to, "I'd die without you."

And as Renji's "I love you" changed, Byakuya's smiles grew bigger, the sparkle brighter, the faint color in his cheeks more pronounced to match. He went from "You're breathtaking," to, "As if I could," to, "You are my world," and finally, to, "Without you, I wouldn't exist."

The relationship between Kuchiki Byakuya and Abarai Renji was simply impossible to explain in words, because there were no words that could even get close. So neither of them tried.

They had each other, and that was all that mattered.
Sign up to rate and review this story