Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Louder Than Words

by IndigoNight 0 reviews

Some things just don't need to be said.

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Abarai Renji,Kuchiki Byakuya - Published: 2010-04-27 - Updated: 2010-04-27 - 484 words - Complete

0Unrated
Title: Louder Than Words

Author: IndigoNight

Summary: Some things just don't need to be said.

Feedback: Yes please, YAY reviews!

Pairings: RenjixByakuya

Disclaimer: I do not own Bleach or the characters I'm just borrowing them for fun.

Spoilers: Nope

Rating: PG

Warnings: Slash, Don't like don't read.

Author's Note: So, just a little fluffiness. This is a companion to my other fic Between The Lines. They can be read completely independently, but I suggest reading (and reviewing) them both, with this one first. But again, it doesn't really matter. So, Read, Review,

Enjoy!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kuchiki Byakuya was not a very vocal man. Renji knew this. That's why when Renji first said those three most holy of words, he wasn't upset when his love didn't say them back.

Because Byakuya didn't need to say them. Renji knew perfectly well that his captain did indeed love him in return.

Most people considered Kuchiki-Taichou to be a cold man, distant, intimidating. But Renji knew better. You see, most people didn't know Byakuya very well. They simply didn't speak the same language.

Renji hadn't at first either, and it had taken him a long time to learn. For instance, one day, not long after he had joined the 6th squad, Renji had without thinking, made a rather crude comment. Byakuya had simply raised his eyebrows cooling. At the time, Renji had believed it to be a look of disapproval, and it wasn't until nearly a year later, that it had been Byakuya's way of laughing.

Byakuya was very good at that, saying exactly what was on his mind without ever actually uttering a word, once you learned to speak the language of course.

It had taken a long time, and many, many uncomfortable to downright embarrassing miscommunications, but slowly, Renji learned and memorized all of the many different expression of Kuchiki Byakuya.

He learned that a soft sigh over paperwork meant "I'm bored as hell, please distract me." That a smile was, "Thank you." That a soft squeeze of the hand translated into, "Thank god you're here." And that a feather light kiss on the forehead in the morning stood for, "You're beautiful."

But there was one look that had always been, and always would be Renji's favorite. It was a small look, one that most people would never realize was there, even if they were staring Byakuya straight in the face, but to Renji it was the loudest look of all.

It was a smile, no more than a slight lift in one corner of the mouth. It was a small sparkle in the eyes. It was the faintest of color in his cheeks. It was a warmth that seemed to simply spill from his every pore.

That one look, so small, but so loud, was Byakuya's way of saying, "I love you more than you'll ever know." And for Abarai Renji, that was more than enough.
Sign up to rate and review this story