Categories > Celebrities > Aerosmith > Dream Until Your Dreams Come True

Walk This Way

by devilsgyrl 3 reviews

Lisa ends up having a lot of problems at school...

Category: Aerosmith - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2010-04-30 - Updated: 2010-04-30 - 2690 words

0Unrated
Thanks for the reviews guys! Sorry if this chapter has a lot of grammar errors and stuff. I wrote it really early in the morning when I was still half asleep. =P


"How was school?" my mom asked cheerfully as soon as I had jumped into the front seat of our car and had slammed the door shut behind me. I was in a really bad mood after just get cornered by some creepy blonde dude and wasn't really in the mood for talking. Knowing I had to answer my mom, I said shortly, "It was bad. Plus my head is killing me."

Not wanting to talk about school anymore, I changed the radio to a heavy metal station and blasted its volume to the max. My mom gave me a funny little smile, "Um, Lisa? You do know that the metal probably won't improve your headache, right?" I hadn't been listening to my mom and had just been staring out the window thinking about Joe.

"Huh?" I asked, "Can you repeat that again?"

"I said, the loud music probably won't help your headache!" my mom practically had to yell to be heard over my blaring metal. I blushed and turned it down slightly. Maybe it wouldn't improve my headache, but it was certainly improving my mood. Listening to metal was a good way for me to release my emotions for some reason. And today, I had lots of emotions to release. Most of them were anger, pain, and homesickness.

Luckily, my mom got the clue and left me alone for the rest of the drive home. I was glad for the silence and didn't want to talk about my school day anyway. As far as I was concerned, school was something I wanted to forget about at the moment. Seriously, who needs school? It wasn't like I was ever going to have to balance chemical equations or solve for the value of X in real life if I ended up working as a cashier or something like that.

As soon as we were to our new home and parked in the driveway, I flung open the car door, ran inside the house, threw my bag and boots into the corner, than ran upstairs as fast as my legs would carry me. I had an unexplainable need to talk to Joe right this minute. I felt like I wasn't going to survive another second unless I heard his voice.

Once I was in my room and had securely locked the door to insure my privacy, I automatically dialed the Perry's phone number into the phone and flung it to my ear to wait for a response. Four rings went by and I was starting to get nervous. I prayed with all my might that Joe would answer the phone. I was so desperate to talk to him!

Finally, a voice did answer, "Hello? This is the Perry residence." I instantly recognized that the voice belonged to Mrs. Perry. I had been hoping Joe would pick up, but I supposed that Mrs. Perry would just give Joe the phone once she realized it was me on the phone. Hopefully, she wouldn't want to talk to my mom right this minute.

"Hey Mrs. Perry," I greeted politely despite my urge to scream for Joe, "How are you?"

"Oh, hello Lisa dear!" Mrs. Perry replied back kindly. "I'm just fine, thanks for asking. How are you and your parents? Are you liking New York so far?" I was really tempted to tell her that fucking New York sucks and that I want to go home as soon as possible. I couldn't understand how anyone could even think that I'd like New York when I was away from my friends.

"Uh, I'm okay I guess," I muttered instead. "My parents really like it here. It makes them a lot more relaxed not to have to be on such a tight budget and stuff. My mom seems to like her new job so far too. I don't know about my dad yet. I haven't spoken to him since this morning. Um, do you mind if I talk to Joe?"

"I'm sorry, but Joe's not here right now," Mrs. Perry said apologetically. Joe wasn't there? Where could he be? It only figured that he was off doing something in my time of need. Mrs. Perry continued, "He went over to your other friend, Mandy's house. You could try Mandy's phone number. You could probably reach Joe if you did that."

"Oh, okay," I said quickly, trying to hide the disappointment in my voice. "Thanks for your help!" With that, I slammed the phone shut and collapsed onto my bed. Hot, angry tears were already forming in my eyes and blurring my vision. What the hell was Joe doing and Mandy's? I honestly couldn't ever remember Joe going there before.

It wasn't like I had a problem with Joe going to Mandy's, it was more that I was just curious about why Joe was there. I knew that he and Mandy were on friendly terms, but it wasn't like they were really good friends or anything as far as I knew. Was it possible that since I had left, Joe had decided to hook up with Mandy already? There really didn't seem to be any other reason for Joe's going to Mandy's. Had Joe forgotten me already?

That seemed to be the only explanation. The tears started spilling down my face and pooling around me. Maybe Joe had never really loved me after all. Maybe it had been Mandy the whole entire time. I would never know now that I was stuck here in fuckin' New York with no way to get home.

I was in such a terrible state that when the phone rang two hours later, I ignored it and let it go straight to voice mail. And instead of listening to the message, I deleted it instead. Why should I force Joe to talk to a girl who he no longer wanted?

~ ~ ~ ~

Day number two of school wasn't much better than day number one. Somehow I had managed to survive through chemistry, American history, and algebra. I was on my way to social studies at the moment. Unfortunately, I was left to try to find the classroom by myself since Ashley and her gang was headed off to art instead.

I was really wishing that I had chosen to take art instead of social studies. I mean, what could possibly be more boring that listening to a teacher drone on and on when I could be doing art or something creative instead! But what was done was done and there was no going back to change my classes. I was just going to have to survive social studies like I had learned to survive through history, math, and all my other fucked up subjects.

As I was walking down the hall, I heard footsteps from being me approaching at quick rate. I was tempted to look around to see who was running through the hallway, but decided not to since turning to look would only draw attention to myself. Drawing attention to myself was the last thing I wanted to do right now. My main goal was act invisible at school.

But the footsteps kept drawing closer and closer until I swore the person was standing only inches from me. I was really starting to feel uncomfortable at this point. I decided I was going to turn around and see who the person was, when I felt someone's hands slip up my shirt and flip it upwards.

I whirled around to confront my attacker, hastily pulling my shirt down as I did so. A chorus of laughter sounded from behind me as I looked straight up into Jack's eyes. He was standing behind me with a big smirk on his face. I didn't get why in the world he was going after me. Did he always like to tease newcomers or something? I really hoped he handed gotten a good look at my bra when he had flipped my shirt up like that.

"Um, do you need something or what?" I asked in embarrassment. Jack just laughed and shrugged his shoulders, looking at my chest in the most undesirable manner. Feeling self-conscious under his gaze, I squirmed and started to take a step backwards. I just wanted to get away from him.

At that moment, Ashley rounded the corner and took in the sight of me and Jack. She immediately rushed to his side, put an arm protectively over his neck, and grinned up into his face, "Hey there, honey. What's up?" And without waiting for a reply, she went right on ahead and kissed Jack on the lips. I watched as they glued their mouth together and made sickening noises. It was as if they were kissing just to show off. It wasn't really a loving kiss or anything.

Just as I was about to turn away, one of Jack's friends decided to answer Ashley's question from earlier, "You wanna know what's up? What's up is that the new girl literally just took off her shirt to show off for Jack." I stared at him in outrage. This dude was really gonna pay! I wanted to punch him so badly right now...

Another one of Jack's friends decided to join in. Giving me an evil smile, he added, "She has nice titties, that's for sure." All the gang members started howling with laughter and to my surprise, even Ashley joined in! What the fuck? One minute she had been my friend, and the next she was my enemy. Great.

This was my final straw. I turned away from the laughing crowd with my cheeks turning bright red. I started running down the hallway with no thought as to wear I was going. I just had to get out of here fast. Completely distracted from everything going on in the hallway, I almost ran right into Mrs. Wolf who was standing in the hallway.

"Why Lisa!" she exclaimed as I slammed to a halt a few mere inches from her. "Where are you going in such a hurry? Aren't you suppose to be going to your next class?" Mrs. Wolf checked her watch to see what time it was. She was right; I was suppose to be in class right now. But did I want to go to class? Absolutely, one hundred percent not.

"Uh..." I stammered, trying to think up an excuse. When nothing came to me, I resigned, "Uh, yeah...I'm going to social studies right now." Mrs. Wolf nodded, but still looked suspicious. She pointed behind me and said, "Well, for your information, social studies is that way!"

Reluctantly, I nodded, turned, and trudged slowly back the way I had come. Once I reached the end of the hall, I furtively glanced back over my shoulder to see if Mrs. Wolf was still watching me. Thankfully, she had disappeared into the algebra classroom. I quickly changed course and started running back the way I had come. I was going to ditch the rest of school.

I knew that it wasn't really a good idea, but I just couldn't last another moment in this school. The kids here were getting on my nerves and I needed to get out of here before I punched all of them and said a lot of things I would regret. I ran as fast as my legs would carry me until I reached the light at the end of the hallway that led to the glorious outside.

I went flying out the door and ran smack into something hard. The impact of the collision sent me flying backwards and I found myself lying on my back on the ground two seconds later. I put a hand to my head and rubbed the spot that had just been slammed into the concrete walkway that led up to the school.

I was just about to get to my feet when a hand was extended to me and a voice said, "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to run into you there. Are you okay? You're not hurt, are you?" Even though I was seeing stars, I tried to look up at whoever had just spoken. But my vision kept blurring and I wasn't able to make out the face. So I just took the hand that was held out for me and climbed awkwardly to my feet.

By now, the world had stopped spinning and I was finally able to get a good look at whoever had just run into me. A tall guy with dark, curly brown hair and the softest brown eyes I had ever seen was standing in from of me. He was wearing a white baseball cap on top of his head backwards and had on a dark blue shirt and jeans. And I just couldn't help but notice his soft, full lips that were currently turned downwards as he looked at me with concern.

Remembering my manners, I quickly apologized, "I'm so sorry about running into you. I...uh...wasn't watching where I was going." I had almost said that I was going to ditch school, but that obviously wasn't the thing you should say to someone you had just met! I could feel my cheeks turning red and my whole body growing warm as he gazed at me.

"Don't apologize," the guy in front of me remarked. "I don't think I've met you before though. I'm new here so I'm still trying to learn everyone's names and stuff. So tell me, who are you?" For some reason, my stomach was going all weird and I had a hard time trying to form a comprehensive sentence.

When I finally got my voice back, I stammered, "I'm Lisa. I'm new here two actually. I moved here with my family two days ago. So what about you? Did you move?" I said all this in a rush and it came out more like one sentence instead of five. This just made me blush even darker and my stomach continued to flip flop inside me.

"Oh, I'm not new to New York," the guy quickly cut in. "I just meant that I was new to the school. It seems like an okay school so far I guess. What do you think of it?" I wasn't sure whether or not I should be honest with this guy. I barely knew him, but for some reason, I really felt like I could trust him.

Deciding just to be honest, I replied, "To tell the truth, I don't like it all that much. It's just so huge and unfamiliar. At my old school, everyone knew each other and it just seemed more friendly in general I guess. Plus the students here don't seem all that nice and the teachers aren't very strict."

The guy in front of me laughed lightly and took a seat on the steps leading up to the school, motioning for me to sit next to him, "Yeah, I guess this is a big adjustment for you. Personally, I never saw much of a point in school though. There are so many other things we could be doing with our lives, but we're forced to sit cooped up in a building and learn about people who died thousands of years ago and other useless information that we're never gonna have to use. Seems kind of stupid to me."

I cautiously took a seat on the steps next to my new friend and glanced behind me at the school's doors that were opened wide like usual. Anyone could walk out of the hallway and see us sitting here. And if someone noticed us, then they'd surely tell one of the teachers and we'd get caught for ditching school, right?

Wanting to know more about this mysterious stranger next to me, I turned and peeked at him out of the corner of my eye saying, "So are you ditching school or what are you doing out here anyways?"
Sign up to rate and review this story