Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Midnight-An Epic Love Story?

The Prom: Part Two

by SmashAuthority2 4 reviews

Gerard and co have a surprise in store for Stella....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Parody,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-05-07 - Updated: 2010-05-07 - 2760 words - Complete

4Ambiance
Okay, this is it. The final chapter. I just want to say a massive thank you to those who have read, rated and reviewed this story. I'm so glad you have enjoyed it because, trust me, I have definitely loved writing it. But it's not over yet. The second installment in this Epic Saga, entitled "Blue Moon" will be uploaded soon.

"This is the most boring prom EVER," someone moans from behind me.

I yawn, he is so right. Gerard and I have been here for over an hour and its more like a funeral then a prom. I've spent the majority of my time dancing the night away with him (with him leading of course), but apart from that, nothing interesting has happened.

"Can we go home now?" I ask, trying my best not to sound like a whiny child.

"We will," he replies. "After it's over."

"Gerard," I moan. "I'm so bored."

"I'm enjoying myself," he claims.

I decide to try another tack. "I can think of something better we could be doing," I whisper seductively into his ear.

He clears his throat and averts his gaze. "Let's dance some more, shall we?" Without waiting for a reply he grabs my hand and begins to twirl me around the dance floor again. I have to say, dudes got skills on the floor. Well, he has had 100 years experience.

"My feet hurt," I grumble.

"How? You're not even doing anything."

It's true, my feet are resting on his as he leads us around the floor. "I don't care. I want you to take me home. Now," I say firmly.

"You look very sexy when you're being so demanding," he smirks.

That causes me to lose my train of thought for awhile. "I hate it when you do that," I tell him.

"What?" he asks innocently.

"You know," I say. "That thing when you make me all confused and stuff."

"It doesn't take much to make you confused," he teases.

Outraged, I shake myself free of him and storm off in the opposite direction, it's difficult to storm anywhere when you are wearing 5 inch heels but I do my best. I fully expect him to follow me, to feel his hands on me telling me to come back. When I don't I turn around to see where he's got to only to find he has disappeared.

I look around the room but all I see are depressed looking teenagers. I begin to search for him, telling myself I'll give him the biggest telling off when I find him.

I find Chase flirting with some guy by the refreshment table. "Have you see Gerard?" I ask him.

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"He doesn't exactly blend into the background does he?" he says with a lusty sigh.

Just then the short, stumpy principal comes onto the stage and approaches the mic. "Attention everyone!" His voice booms across the hall effortlessly. Every head turns in his direction, normally he would be ignored, but seeing as we have nothing better to do we might as well listen to the old man. "I'm very happy to introduce the entertainment for the evening!" he cries with joy.

Everybody rolls their eyes. "These guys are personal friends of mine and I'm so excited they could make it here tonight. Without further ado let me present the best tribute band on the planet; "The Disco Knights"!"

No-one claps. We all just stare at him like he's told us we're about to be executed by lethal injection. "Kill me now," I mutter.

I watch in disgust as a group of middle-aged men dressed in white and gold glittery jumpsuits run onto the stage and prepare to start torturing us. The lights are dimmed and I look towards the exit, I know I can't find Gerard but I need to get the hell out of here. He'll understand.

"Are you ready to party?" hollers the lead singer. A bale of hay floats by.

He taps the mic as if it's broken. "I said, are you ready to par-tay?!" When he still doesn't get an answer he shrugs his shoulders and indicates to his band to begin.

I groan alongside all the others when their music starts to play. It's the Bee Gee's, a band I like to pretend never existed. Only Chase looks to be enjoying himself, he has forced his poor dance partner onto the floor and is doing his best John Travolta impression-much to the amusement of everyone else.

"Why me, Lord? Why?" I cry to the heavens. "What did I do to deserve such cruel punishment?"

"Night fever, night fe-ver, you know how we do it," screeches the man, totally out of tune.

I am tempted to throw my shoe at him, but I stop myself-Frank will kill me, they are Manolo Blahnik's, and instead, turn around and head towards the exit.

Without warning, the lights go out causing me to stop in my tracks. A collective gasp reverberates around the room as we all wonder what is going on. I peer around but it's too dark to make anything out.

I hear a scuffle on the stage and the deafening screech of the microphone, then there is silence. I wonder if someone has assassinated the lead singer? I hope so.

The lights flicker back on a few seconds later and my eyes instinctively travel to the stage. My jaw hits the floor when I see that in place of the tribute band now stands Gerard and the rest of the Sullen clan, except they all look different.

They are usually so immaculately dressed, but now all I see are tight ripped jeans, leather jackets and chains. Gerard's hair is just outrageous-but insanely cool, and I think he has a small white plaster over his eyebrow. They look like they belong in a punk rock group or something.

I watch them, transfixed. I can't help it, there's something about them that draws you in. I move closer to the stage hypnotically and everyone else follows. Gerard catches my eye and winks at me. I stare back with my mouth still inelegantly hanging open and manage to wave weakly at him.

He looks at Bob-who is on drums, nods his head slightly, and the music starts....As if by magic the room comes to life.

"They're selling postcards of the hanging
Where they're painting the passports brown
Yeah, the beauty parlor's filled with sailors
The circus is in town
Oh now but here comes the blind commissioner
Well, they got him in a trance
One hand is tied to the tight-rope walker
The other's in his pants

And the riot squad, they're restless
They need somewhere to go
As Lady and I look out tonight
From Desolation Row

Cinderella, she seems so easy
"Well, it takes one to know one," she smiles
And she puts her hands in her back pockets
Bette Davis style"

As soon as he opens his mouth the kids around me go mad. I mean, really, they completely lose it. I can't really blame them, to me, the song is sort of ordering everyone to cause chaos.

I have to say Gerard is an excellent showman, he captures the audiences attention with ease and retains it, even Frank who is on guitar is acting crazy-well, more crazier then usual.

I smile like a star-struck teenager as I watch Gerard, he is soooooo hot, more so then ever actually. Maybe it's the whole rock star thing that is making him look more appealing? It's not fair, he's a vampire AND a rock star. That's totally not fair.

"Now but in comes Romeo moaning
"You belong to me I believe"
And someone says, "You're in the wrong place, my friend
You better leave"

And then only sound that's left
After the ambulances go
Is Cinderella sweeping up
On Desolation Row"

Pretty soon chairs are being thrown across the room, Chase narrowly misses having his head chopped off. Some of the guys have gone mad and are turning the tables over and ripping the banners off the walls. The girls have taken to screaming, no, screeching loudly over the band on stage. It's unbelievable how quickly they can turn into groupies. All I have to say is if one of them touches Gerard, I'm gonna kick some ass and rip out some hair extensions.

"Oh my God!" screams a girl next to me. "I love them so much!"

I roll my eyes and push myself away from her. I get further to the front so I am practically standing on it next to Gerard. He gives me a smirk before continuing singing. I have a very hard time not invading the stage and just "attacking" him in front of everyone, if you know what I mean.

"Now at midnight all the agents
And super-human crew
Go out and round up everyone
That knows more than they do

They gonna bring 'em to the factory
Where the heart-attack machine
Is strapped across their shoulders
And then the kerosene!"

"Cops!" someone yells from the background

I spin around and sure enough the local police force can be seen battling their way to the front. I spot my dad leading the way and my eyes widen in shock. Unbelievable, when there's a real crime to be stopped he's nowhere to be found, but an impromptu rock concert? Yeah, he's first in line. Typical.

I turn back around to face Gerard who I see doesn't look too bothered. In fact, he carries on as if nothing has happened.

[/"Is brought down from the castles
By insurance men who go
Check to see that no one is escaping
To Desolation Row

'Cause right now I can't read too good
Don't send me no letters, no
Not unless you gotta mail them
From Desolation Row"
/]
Sadly the song comes to an end amidst wild clapping from the grateful teenage audience. I blow Gerard a kiss-I know it's sad but I can't help myself, and he smiles at me. Some girls faint around me and I am tempted to kick them to help them regain consciousness, but I don't as I may end up accidently stabbing them with my killer heels.

The police have successfully reached the front now (a bunch of kids held them off for a while) and are now trying to climb the stage. They are not helped by the fact most of them are extremely overweight and can barely move.

"I think you should get out of here!" I shout at Gerard, knowing he can hear every word.

He nods and as before the lights go off. When they come back on, all traces of them having ever been there are gone-even their equipment. Trust him to make a dramatic exit.

"Show-off," I mutter to myself, though inside I am glowing with happiness.

*

"That was the best prom EVER!" sighs Chase after the night ends. "I'm sorry, Stella, but I want to have Gerard's babies."

"You and me both," I mutter under my breath. It's true as well. What is it about musicians that makes them so appealing?

"I'll see you later," he says and kisses me on both cheeks. "Ciao."

He leaves me standing alone in the darkness. Well, that's what I think.

"Hello," someone whispers next to my ear. I feel an arm snake itself around my waist.

"Gerard?" I ask, as a shiver runs down my spine.

"Who else?" he murmurs, showering kisses on my neck.

My mind goes foggy for a while. He turns me around and pulls me into a deep kiss. It's lucky he's holding me otherwise my legs would have given way.

"Wow," I say breathlessly when we finally break apart.

"Did you like the show?" he inquires casually.

"Loved it," I reply fervently, he looks pleased.

"I wanted to surprise you," he tells me.

"You did that for me?" I exclaim. He nods. "You are so sweet!" I throw my arms around him and hug him tightly.

"I didn't know you were such awesome rock stars," I say.

"We're not rock stars, we're musicians," he laughs.

"That's too bad," I muse regretfully.

"Why?" he wonders.

"If you were a rock star, then I'd totally be an obsessed groupie willing to do anything you say," I tell him with a sigh.

"Then I'm a rock star," he says seriously.

I blush and take his hand. We walk towards his car in silence for a while. He opens the passenger seat door and waits for me to get in, but before we can go anywhere there is something I need to tell him.

"Gerard?"

"Yes?"

"About what I said before," I begin. "You know, about becoming like....you."

His grips the car door tighter but doesn't say anything. "I meant it." I continue.

"And I meant what I said," he replies harshly.

"I'm not going to change my mind," I say stubbornly.

"Neither am I," he responds, equally stubbornly.

I sigh, this is obviously not going to go anywhere progressive. At least not tonight. I reluctantly get in the car and he shuts, well, slams the door. It was not my intention to put him in a bad mood but I had to say what was on my mind, right?

When we get to my home, I see my dads car parked in the drive. After Gerard and the Sullen's disappeared after their performance, I had to coax dad and his inept officers off the school property. They were really riled up and wanted to arrest someone. In the end, dad had to bribe them with promises of all-you-can-eat doughnuts, that calmed them down.

"Aren't you going to come in?"

He gives me a long look. "If you promise you won't raise that subject again."

I mull it over in my head. "Fine, I won't talk about it any more....tonight. Deal?"

He narrows his eyes at me. "Deal."

I sneak past my dad, who's asleep on the coach anyway and rush upstairs. When I get there, Gerard is already waiting for me on my bed.

I kick off my shoes gratefully and jump in next to him. "Aren't you going to get undressed?" he asks me, whilst flipping through a magazine.

"Excuse me? What did you just say?" I demand in outrage. Did he seriously suggest I strip?

"What I meant was," he says with forced patience. "Aren't you going to get ready for bed?"

"Oh, yeah." I feel a little embarrassed now. He must think I have a dirty mind, I mean, it's true, but I don't want him to know that. At least not yet anyway.

He chuckles. "You humans. You all have a one-track mind."

"You vampires aren't so different," I retort hotly. "In fact, you're all a bunch of sex maniacs."

Gerard puts the magazine down. "What gave you that particular idea?" he asks me lightly.

"You should have seen yourself on stage, it's like you wanted to, you know, get busy with someone right there and then." I don't tell him I was thinking exactly the same thing.

He laughs. "It was just part of the show."

"Good." I yawn suddenly and he frowns.

"You should sleep, you've had quite a day," he advises and for once I agree with him.

Gerard waits on the roof while I get changed, I told him to just close his eyes but he insisted he leave the room. When I'm in bed he returns and lies down next to me.

He hugs me close to his body and hums a tune that makes me drowsy. I swear, he's like a drug in every way. My eyelids feel incredibly heavy and I can barely keep them open.

"I love you." I hear him whisper in the darkness.

I manage to turn around so my face is inclined towards his. "I love you, too, Gerard," I say sleepily. "You won't leave me, will you?"

"I'll never leave you," he promises solemnly.

"Good. Not that I'd let you go anyway," I mutter, half-awake.

"Sleep," he orders firmly.

"Mmnghp," I reply.

He chuckles and kisses me one last time on my lips before I am fall asleep in his cold arms.

I can't believe it's over!!! Well, for now.

Okay, here's what you have to look forward to in the next installment: Someone will leave Stella's life, someone will return into her life, someone will turn into a drunken fiend and the Vampire Mafia (because everyone knows they exist) will be involved. Stay tuned! xx
Sign up to rate and review this story